View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1086 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 8658698610361076108210831084108510861087108810891090109611361186 ... LastLast
Results 16,276 to 16,290 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Millard ST, IMHO is better then Moores. Just by a little though. I know I know...don't hurt me! The story is so rich, and genuinely suspenseful! He builds a massive new mythos that feels like Moore barely scratched the surface of. The tales are an amazing interlinking, interwoven nightmare of horror and thrills. Its one of a few books I refused to put down until I was finished, and was obsessed to read more. I absolutely love it. Some amazing dialogue and artwork. Its just a beautiful work of art. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
    Interesting. I am four issues into the first vol. I am liking it so far. This run could be a candidate for an omnibus some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Interesting. I am four issues into the first vol. I am liking it so far. This run could be a candidate for an omnibus some day.
    Its worth noting Morrison was a massive part of the first four issues, before hanging the reins over to Millar. And again, IMO the series is better AFTER Morrison leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Its worth noting Morrison was a massive part of the first four issues, before hanging the reins over to Millar. And again, IMO the series is better AFTER Morrison leaves.
    Yeah. I knew that Morrison was on the first 4. A couple more in and I have to agree with you, it’s a much better read now. That says a lot from me as Morrison is my fav writer.

I’d imagine there are outlines for the whole story that was planned. I’d loved to see it. I really enjoyed Kelley’s art on the those Wein issues.

Just reading the Millar run. What’s the consensus on it ?
    After Morrison leaves, this run gets good. I actually had it custom bound I liked it so much. I"m not sure it's better than Moore's but it's close and certainly my second favorite ST run and I've read them all. Ha ha. The best part about this, though, is John Constantine. In fact, I've always said that the final arc is probably one of the best - if not the best - Constantine story lines ever. It not only shows him at his best (cleverness) but also provides some unexpected unique insight into his early years and friendship with Chas.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    After Morrison leaves, this run gets good. I actually had it custom bound I liked it so much. I"m not sure it's better than Moore's but it's close and certainly my second favorite ST run and I've read them all. Ha ha. The best part about this, though, is John Constantine. In fact, I've always said that the final arc is probably one of the best - if not the best - Constantine story lines ever. It not only shows him at his best (cleverness) but also provides some unexpected unique insight into his early years and friendship with Chas.
    Agreed on John. There was a moment where i haf to quickly reread the issue, because I was in disbelief how they could have been so genius and I missed it. Such good writing.

You pair are getting me very excited to get though this run lol

You pair are getting me very excited to get though this run lol
    I shouldn't hype it up though...that always leaves to disappointment.

On another note, id love to have my series custom bound.

After resting in cellophane for years, my Multiversity OHC has finally been unwrapped. I knew I was getting into the Morrison Headspace, so actually counted the dots/earths in the multiversity logo. As I expected, 51 dots and a giant one which I guess is earth 0. But I can't keep track of every little Easter egg or reference, so can anyone guide me to the best annotations available for this book?

Mighty Member

Swamp Thing is one of those characters i was never really interested in. It still surprises me how much love some of his runs get, although i have never personally read any. Moon Knight is another character i feel the same way about. Can't tell if there are lots of fans, or just a vocal minority. With that being said, I would buy Moore's run if it ever gets a premium format.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    After resting in cellophane for years, my Multiversity OHC has finally been unwrapped. I knew I was getting into the Morrison Headspace, so actually counted the dots/earths in the multiversity logo. As I expected, 51 dots and a giant one which I guess is earth 0. But I can't keep track of every little Easter egg or reference, so can anyone guide me to the best annotations available for this book?
    I'd go here for broad stroke notations/explanations. He doesn't hit every little easter egg but will catch the important thematic parallels and history

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/search/label/multiversity

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I used the Comics Alliance annotations when I read it a few years ago. I found it very helpful at the time. There may be better ones since then that I don't know about.

Here is a link to the first issue--you'll be able to find the others with google, if this is the type of thing you're looking for:

http://comicsalliance.com/multiversi...ations-part-1/

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Talking about Morrison, I've finally cracked open my Animal Man Omnibus and started reading it...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Swamp Thing is one of those characters i was never really interested in. It still surprises me how much love some of his runs get, although i have never personally read any. Moon Knight is another character i feel the same way about. Can't tell if there are lots of fans, or just a vocal minority. With that being said, I would buy Moore's run if it ever gets a premium format.
    I didn't get the love for him, either, until I read the Moore stuff, which was the first ST I ever read. I then went back and started at the beginning, reread Moore and read to the end. I've read ever series since. Some good, some bad.

Moon Knight is an interesting character. I liked the Moench stuff. I think it was a 36 issue run. In the 80s. But there's been a lot of bad Moon Knight since, and this latest series is atrocious. The runs by Lemire and Bendis were also less than impressive and they generally do well with street level characters.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Speaking of Morrison, so surprised we haven't seen an All-Star Superman deluxe yet. They've almost missed the chance to do a 10-year anniversary volume (original release was 2005-2008).

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Speaking of Morrison, so surprised we haven't seen an All-Star Superman deluxe yet. They've almost missed the chance to do a 10-year anniversary volume (original release was 2005-2008).
    I don't buy Absolutes, but I like DC's Deluxe OHCs. All-Star Superman is definitely something I would buy in that format.