View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1087 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 8758798710371077108310841085108610871088108910901091109711371187 ... LastLast
Results 16,291 to 16,305 of 21671
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I don't buy Absolutes, but I like DC's Deluxe OHCs. All-Star Superman is definitely something I would buy in that format.
    Agreed. One of the first hardcovers I bought was a Batman Hush Absolute Edition. I decided the format was not for me and never bought another absolute. It didn't help that the binding broke apart after I got to the last page and closed the book.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I didn't get the love for him, either, until I read the Moore stuff, which was the first ST I ever read. I then went back and started at the beginning, reread Moore and read to the end. I've read ever series since. Some good, some bad.

Moon Knight is an interesting character. I liked the Moench stuff. I think it was a 36 issue run. In the 80s. But there's been a lot of bad Moon Knight since, and this latest series is atrocious. The runs by Lemire and Bendis were also less than impressive and they generally do well with street level characters.
    MK by Ellis was really good as well. Highly recommended.

Yeah all six issues.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    If you had the choice, Absolute Justice League Origin, Justice League Dark Seid Saga Omnibus or Justice League International omnibus? I have only really read Grant Morrison's run, John's JSA and New Frontier.
    JLI is the best of those.

BANNED

Just got ''Harley Quinn and Gotham City Sirens'' Omnibus HC, ''All Star Batman, vol. 2-3'' HC and ''Dark Nights Road to Metal'' HC.

I think i will follow Scot Snyder Batman run till the very end but i don't dig JLA that much so i will stop with Metal.

Yeah all six issues.
    Lol, dont knock the 6 issue runs! Although these days the stories for 6 issues are rather...lackluster. I suppose a "good" mini series is 12 issues while testing the waters would be a 6 issue run.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    MK by Ellis was really good as well. Highly recommended.
    Yeah all six issues.
    That was a pretty good short run. A real hardcore tough as nails Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Speaking of Morrison, so surprised we haven't seen an All-Star Superman deluxe yet. They've almost missed the chance to do a 10-year anniversary volume (original release was 2005-2008).
    Perhaps they'll do a "Modern Classics" version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Lol, dont knock the 6 issue runs! Although these days the stories for 6 issues are rather...lackluster. I suppose a "good" mini series is 12 issues while testing the waters would be a 6 issue run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That was a pretty good short run. A real hardcore tough as nails Moon Knight.
    Ah I was kidding. I liked the Ellis stuff, but like a lot of his work . . .it was a tease. He also wrote Secret Avengers for about 6 issues and that's where he introduced Mr. Knight. If you're a fan of his MK stuff, it's worth picking up. Not sure if it ever got collected tho. After Ellis left MK, I believe Brian Wood took over for about 6 issues and they were OK. I just haven't liked anything since then.

Extraordinary Member

Is Marv Wolfmans Teen Titans godtier? So tempted to buy the first two and pre-order the third.

I loved reading the series when it first came out. I am still on the first omnibus and plan on getting the second soon and after volume three.
    I am always finding something else to do and than will order some more hard or soft cover collected comics and than what was a few books
    in progress of being read grows to over thirty and than forty............
    I probably should stop holding off a book until I have read the previous volume in that series, in other words look at
    it from a collecting point of view and not a reading one. Sure I love to read them and will try to read everything I have,
    but most likely I never will and ......... really most of the fun is getting and having ......... so I guess I really should order
    the next volume of New Teen Titans omnibus and a few other and than some and than........

Ah I was kidding. I liked the Ellis stuff, but like a lot of his work . . .it was a tease. He also wrote Secret Avengers for about 6 issues and that's where he introduced Mr. Knight. If you're a fan of his MK stuff, it's worth picking up. Not sure if it ever got collected tho. After Ellis left MK, I believe Brian Wood took over for about 6 issues and they were OK. I just haven't liked anything since then.
    His Secret avengers got a phc release I got that one. Really fun stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is Marv Wolfmans Teen Titans godtier? So tempted to buy the first two and pre-order the third.
    Unfortunately.....no. As a huge titans fan it pains me to say the series that basically started it all has not aged well. I've been slogging thru the early issues recently myself. Still holding out hope it improves down the road.
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-28-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Unfortunately.....no. As a huge titans fan it pains me to say the series that basically started it all has not aged well. I've been slogging thru the early issues recently myself. Still holding out hope it improves down the road.
    I have to agree. I read these years ago and it took awhile to get thru. Last year, I re-read most of the first Omni but I have no desire to get any of the others. These were great ideas and the history is worth knowing but - a lot like early FF by Lee - they’re punishing to get thru.

Hey guys! It's that time of year again where I go out of town for the weekend. I'm leaving July 6-8th, and the 6th and 7th I skip my lunch and walk a few blocks down to this really neat comic shop. In the past I've discovered some OoP or hard to find trades and CE. So every year I ask if anyone wants me to keep an out for anything they need for their collection. I'm not looking to make a profit, I'm just a collector like everyone else here, trying to do my part to make someone's day. I work with a lot of shipment equipment, so I have all of that covered, and as a collector, I pack the comics the way I would want them packed. The shipping fee is about $3 for one trade (I've squeezed two for that price before, but never anything over that), and I use Paypal for a safe exchange. I just charge you the book's cover fee and the shipping. I'll take any photos you wish, ect. I'm posting this super early, so I can have a list going on and have it by the time I leave. I try to ship everything ASAP, usually that first week I get back in town. I'll take photos of the receipts and send you the tracking number or anything else you would need/want.

I basically wander around (the store)and look at everything down on my list, and if they have it, I'll purchase it and will send you a DM. Obviously, I can't guarantee they'll have anything you're looking for, but I know they have quite a few books that are difficult to find otherwise. Some examples of books I've found before are Manhunter by Marc Andreyko, Shadowpact, and Gail Simone's Wonder Woman run (although I picked up that elusive Contagion for someone last year, probably won't have another.) Anyhow, just shoot me a PM/DM and I'll add it to my list. It's not until July, so you have plenty of time to comb through your collection and and see what you need. And feel free to ask any questions! I like this community a lot, this thread specifically, so it's kind of an exclusive thing. It's also a first come first serve basis, depending on what people ask for. Cheers everyone!