View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1095 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 9559599510451085109110921093109410951096109710981099110511451195 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I normally get all absolutes but I’m getting a bit bored with comics at the moment, sell me Daytripper, also when are we getting the absolute killing joke?
    Not sure if it's for you but I would still give it a try. Maybe not the absolute though.
    It's 10 stories about the same guy and he dies at the end of every story but there is no overarching plot or multiverse or anything. It's just different stories saying what if he dies as a kid or as a 40 year old father. It's basically about how death puts your life into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I really need to buckle down and pick up the Sandman Absolutes.
    I'm looking to sell my V1 if you don't mind going lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I'm looking to sell my V1 if you don't mind going lightly used.
    Interesting. Shoot me a DM with some details!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Not sure if it's for you but I would still give it a try. Maybe not the absolute though.
    It's 10 stories about the same guy and he dies at the end of every story but there is no overarching plot or multiverse or anything. It's just different stories saying what if he dies as a kid or as a 40 year old father. It's basically about how death puts your life into perspective.
    Nobody gets punched?

So I'm halfway through reading Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe edition and really liking it, so I broke down and bought the Infinite Crisis omni while it was still 50% off as IST.

Thing is, I don't really like modern comics too much, I'm a mostly Bronze Age and some Silver age guy. Did I waste my money? Obviously nobody can really answer this for me, but anyone else read mostly older comics but dipped into this series because it's so good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    So I'm halfway through reading Crisis on Infinite Earths deluxe edition and really liking it, so I broke down and bought the Infinite Crisis omni while it was still 50% off as IST.

Thing is, I don't really like modern comics too much, I'm a mostly Bronze Age and some Silver age guy. Did I waste my money? Obviously nobody can really answer this for me, but anyone else read mostly older comics but dipped into this series because it's so good?
    I really enjoyed it. In fact, I believe a major theme is how the "current" era of comics was too dark, and stayed so far away from the early themes and times of comics. Its a fantastic tale all around. Its definitely one of DCs high point in their entire history. I of course include the 52 series that is the aftermath of IC and Countdown to IC as well.

Amazing Member

lol I pretty much did the same thing. Bought the Crisis on Infinite Earths 30th Deluxe and ended up ordering the Infinite Crisis Omni when it was 50% off. Now to wait to Final Crisis 10th Anniversary Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Nobody gets punched?
    I think there is a bit of a fight between two friends but no
    I would say it's more slice of live drama except it's 10 different slices of 10 different lives of the same man.
    Also I love the art by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Bá but they might not be everybody's cuppa.

not sure if you would enjoy it as an older reader. While the themes are about new comics getting darker, the tone of the whole book is pretty violent compared to older comics.
    I think it's a well orchestrated, bombastic action extravaganza, probably the most well constructed event ever with most of the tie ins actually adding and building up to the main event. And despite all the accusation of Johns' heavy use of violence (not just here but most of his series) you can clearly tell he has a genuine love for these characters and their history.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    lol I pretty much did the same thing. Bought the Crisis on Infinite Earths 30th Deluxe and ended up ordering the Infinite Crisis Omni when it was 50% off. Now to wait to Final Crisis 10th Anniversary Omnibus
    umm, now Final crisis....
    I think it's safer to look at that book more as an experimental art project that somehow ended up being the company wide crossover mega event. Not sure really if I would recommend it based on CoIE. I would say if you like Morrison's weirder books (so more Flex Mentallo, Doom Patrol, Invisibles than All Star or JLA) then sure, go for it.
    Also I don't think it's worth getting the omnibus. It's big and unwieldy and the tie ins doesn't really add anything. Every other edition has the tie ins Morrison wrote and those are the only ones that matter, the rest of them are superficial (even if some of them are actually good, you don't have to read them).

[QUOTE=Balakin;3740662]not sure if you would enjoy it as an older reader. While the themes are about new comics getting darker, the tone of the whole book is pretty violent compared to older comics.
    I think it's a well orchestrated, bombastic action extravaganza, probably the most well constructed event ever with most of the tie ins actually adding and building up to the main event. And despite all the accusation of Johns' heavy use of violence (not just here but most of his series) you can clearly tell he has a genuine love for these characters and their history.
    [QUOTE]
    Can you just read it as it is as a newbie, or do you need to read other things first?

Spectacular Member

I love the weird in Morrison. I didn’t get much of Final Crisis and Batman I didn’t know where it started or finished - so he kinda lost me. I think the Johns era Flash continued what Crises told much better. I can’t remember why I think that though. Between these three story arcs, I think I read them like six or seven years apart. And I don’t read that much DC. I just look out for the characters my brother and I used to have as Super Powers action figures.

I’m patiently waiting for the Seaguy omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Was thinking about what the X-men classics had to offer, and that made me remember JLA: Incarnations. Would love to see that collected.

[QUOTE=JPAR;3740720][QUOTE=Balakin;3740662]not sure if you would enjoy it as an older reader. While the themes are about new comics getting darker, the tone of the whole book is pretty violent compared to older comics.
    Can you just read it as it is as a newbie, or do you need to read other things first?
    I've read it as a sort of newbie almost a decade ago and I would lie if I said I wasn't confused but thrilled at the same time. Generally speaking Johns is pretty accessible and I think you only need to know the events of Identity crisis to have a a good start for this.
    Now as for Identity crisis, it's a mixed bag. Lots of people hate it but just as many people loved it when it came out and I think it's much more enjoyable if you are not already familiar with the characters.
    But even if you don't want to read Identity crisis (readily available in multiple formats) you should read a plot summary before you go into Infinite Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I love the weird in Morrison. I didn’t get much of Final Crisis and Batman I didn’t know where it started or finished - so he kinda lost me. I think the Johns era Flash continued what Crises told much better. I can’t remember why I think that though. Between these three story arcs, I think I read them like six or seven years apart. And I don’t read that much DC. I just look out for the characters my brother and I used to have as Super Powers action figures.

I’m patiently waiting for the Seaguy omnibus.
    His Batman and FC is kind of a convoluted. Even the collected editions are kinda weird because RIP includes 2 issues that belong to Final crisis and are also collected in some of the FC collected editions.
    I still think if you are into Morrison's stuff and Batman you should give it a shot and just go by the many reading orders you can find on the internet. Or ask here. I remember not that long ago this topic came up like every other month

Spectacular Member

Didn’t like Identity Crisis.