View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1096 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 9659699610461086109210931094109510961097109810991100110611461196 ... LastLast
Results 16,426 to 16,440 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've read it as a sort of newbie almost a decade ago and I would lie if I said I wasn't confused but thrilled at the same time. Generally speaking Johns is pretty accessible and I think you only need to know the events of Identity crisis to have a a good start for this.
    Now as for Identity crisis, it's a mixed bag. Lots of people hate it but just as many people loved it when it came out and I think it's much more enjoyable if you are not already familiar with the characters.
    But even if you don't want to read Identity crisis (readily available in multiple formats) you should read a plot summary before you go into Infinite Crisis.
    I'm gonna put it on the maybe list.

I'm thinking about getting the next omnibii: The flash by Manapul, Grayson, Batman and Robin, Batman by Morrison and Teen Titans by Johns (if I can find one for a normal price). On the maybe list: Infinite crisis, Gotham Sirens, Harley Quinn by Palmiotti, Green Lantern by Johns.

Is this a good list? Some I should ad or delete? Please let me know. I'm a total newbie with DC.

Question for those with JLI Omnibus what issues of Justice League Europe does it actually collect. I see 1 - 6 and 1 - 21 big difference so wondering what one is right.

I will buy the Sandman Omnibus Vol.3, but why are Winter's Edge #1 and #3 included in this volume but not Winter's Edge #2 ?

If I'm not mistaken Winter's Edge #2 is collected in the Death Deluxe Edition and the material from Winter's Edge #1 and #3 are already collected in Sandman Omnibus Volume 2.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I will buy the Sandman Omnibus Vol.3, but why are Winter's Edge #1 and #3 included in this volume but not Winter's Edge #2 ?

If I'm not mistaken Winter's Edge #2 is collected in the Death Deluxe Edition and the material from Winter's Edge #1 and #3 are already collected in Sandman Omnibus Volume 2.
    You're right, and I think the solicitation copy got that wrong. It's the story from Winter's Edge #2 that should be collected in the third omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    You're right, and I think the solicitation copy got that wrong. It's the story from Winter's Edge #2 that should be collected in the third omnibus.
    Thanks for the confirmation ! Yeah I just hope it's a mistake, it seems to happen from time to time with DC sollicits lol.

Spectacular Member

https://imgur.com/a/ehmchnG

Some photobait of the new Absolute Sandman Oveture

Thanks for all the feedback on Infinite Crisis! I think I'll pick up a copy of Identity Crisis and read it first. I'm not much of a fan of the art in more modern comics, I like older art much better, but I've read no material of current writers like Johns and Morrison so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Would've been nice to have a few excerpts from Prelude to Infinite Crisis, Superman: Infinite Crisis, and Teen Titans Life and Death instead of the entirety of JLA Crisis of Conscience in the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/ehmchnG

Some photobait of the new Absolute Sandman Oveture
    Hey thanks for posting this -- wasn't this the Absolute that was supposed to also include the "artists edition" inside (along with the script as well)? The photos don't get to that part.

I have the deluxe hardcover already and really like it, but the big draw for me was the idea of replacing it with the Absolute alone and not needing to get an artists edition as well. I'm really hoping it turns out well and catches on.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Anyone here read these He-Man books? I love He-Man, but I haven't read any of these outside of the three origin issues.
    Didn't see anyone answer you -- I've read the He-Man vs Thundercats and the Eternity War series, but not the rest. Mainly I got them for the art, which was cool. I'm sure if you love MOTU you'd be into this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Didn’t like Identity Crisis.
    %&+# Identity Crisis.

Has anyone read and enjoyed Metal? It seems really...what's the word I'm looking for...over the top with no point. Besides making yet another "universe changing" event that started last summer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Has anyone read and enjoyed Metal? It seems really...what's the word I'm looking for...over the top with no point. Besides making yet another "universe changing" event that started last summer.
    Have to agree. And frankly, the more DC i read, the more tired i grow with their alternate/parallel universe crutch. I know its a big part of the history, but its become way to much of a go-to for many of the characters/arcs and events.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Have to agree. And frankly, the more DC i read, the more tired i grow with their alternate/parallel universe crutch. I know its a big part of the history, but its become way to much of a go-to for many of the characters/arcs and events.
    Exactly. I'm greatly jaded by the "the DCU will NEVER be the same again!" And then its more of the same until the next event. This is more of why I'm growing more attached to the older series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I agree with both these statements. I avoided Metal because I have not been impressed with Synder's writing on Batman other than his first run at Detective. (I do like his other stuff - American Vampire, Swamp Thing, some independent work - so it's not a slight against him overall but rather his Batman work.)

As a whole, I felt DC went into the shitter around the time they gave Jim Lee more creative control and the advent of the New 52. By the time Rebirth came about a lot of the writers I liked - Soule, Lemire, Azzarello - had left.

That said, for the first time ever I was buying both Superman and Action monthly with Tomasi and Jurgens writing, respectively. I'm actually still buying those to give Bendis a chance. When he's good, he's real good.

I'm also getting Detective but that's it.

Years ago - prior to New 52 - I think I pulled 10 or so DC titles a month.

It all runs in cycles, though, although Hellblazer and Green Arrow will be forever ruined for me.