View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    As someone who has only read like 20 issues of batman rebirth, am i going to be lost if i pick up the morrison batman omnibus?
    Absolutely not. Do yourself a favor and get it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It is no gloomier than say Gotham Central. I absolutely love being neck deep in human agony and darkness if there is a strong creative voice to it and I think Ex machine is like that (I think it's less depressing than Scalped and I've binged that too)
    I’d say this is an accurate analysis.

BANNED

Just got Morrison Batman Omnibus from IST. I'm not the biggest fan of bat cow, but i like this run mostly 'cause people praise it immensly. And i like it when Batman got praised especially immensly, even if i find bat cow very bad, and i don't have all of Morrison trades so i got it.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Thanks! Could you please also take a pic of the binding when open?
    Here are the pics as requested...the lighting wasn't the best I'm afraid.

one more...

That Morrison Batman Omnibus looks sexy! I'll be putting an order in as soon as I have money, went over budget this week.

I've been wanting to get into DC Rebirth through the Deluxe line but been hesitant because I don't know how they're bound. I know Marvel's Deluxes are sewn but I have no clue about DC's stuff. I'd love to hear from any members that have any of the Deluxes by DC.

Amazing Member

Thank you so much for the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Player One View Post
    That Morrison Batman Omnibus looks sexy! I'll be putting an order in as soon as I have money, went over budget this week.

I've been wanting to get into DC Rebirth through the Deluxe line but been hesitant because I don't know how they're bound. I know Marvel's Deluxes are sewn but I have no clue about DC's stuff. I'd love to hear from any members that have any of the Deluxes by DC.
    I own the 2 Batman Rebirth Deluxes and both are sewn and lie flat. Some of DC's deluxe stuff like Crisis on Infinite Earths and Multiversity are terrible about this as are they are directly glued, but my 2 Batmans are definitely sewn
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 07-05-2018 at 08:38 PM.

They're all sewn. In fact, every DC deluxe edition since the beginning of 2016 has been sewn.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 07-05-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll have to start buying them now. I've seen videos on youtube but haven't heard the reviewers talk about the binding.
    Besides Batman and Detective, which Deluxes are worth the purchases? Maybe Superman and Action?

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll have to start buying them now. I've seen videos on youtube but haven't heard the reviewers talk about the binding.
    Besides Batman and Detective, which Deluxes are worth the purchases? Maybe Superman and Action?
    Everyone's going to have their own opinions, but I think:

Batman
    Detective
    Nightwing
    Flash
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman

Are all great. Action's and Flash's first arcs aren't amazing (particularly Action's) but everything after that has been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    This is exactly why I said it was such a rough experience. Particularly wherever the Adventures of Supermanes are. They have nothing to do with what Byrne was doing in Superman or Action, but are placed randomly between Superman issues. Especially jarring because Byrne didn't draw them.

Edit- apparently Byrne takes over ADVENTURES after a while but I haven't gotten there yet. Byrne's SUPERMAN title seems to be my favorite stuff and wish he was just doing the one title. It could have been like his run on Fantastic Four, one title one vision.
    Yeah I didn't realize this either, but the Wolfman/Ordway issues are great too and it's nice to have a bit of variety in the books. But the Byrne issues inked by Terry Austin are absolute bliss - some of my favorite comic art ever. Just wish they would've made the ordering better and put the covers where they belong, at the beginning of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Those books can be a bit confusing.

It's been awhile since I've read them, but if I remember correctly, some volumes appear to be in chronological release order while others are in reading order. However, I don't think you'll be too lost regardless of how you read them.

Thanks, I think I was a bit hasty in my assessment, as they do seem to be in somewhat of an order. Not perfect but I'll just read them how they're presented.

Ordered the Superman Exile omni last weekend during the 45% sale + my build-up discount, so I'm set on Superman for awhile.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:21 PM.

IST order arrived today with the Morrison Batman omni. I have to give DC credit where it's due. I don't have a ton of DC omnis, but this has to be the best quality omni from them I have. Same excellent paper they use, good coverboard material that isn't that super cheap flimsy plain black crap they use on some, and the binding is outstanding. I think it's the first I have from them that lays completely open and flat from the very first page without having to be held. Well done DC and their printing company. Now, I haven't checked every page, so hopefully none are missing or out of order .

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Here are the pics as requested...the lighting wasn't the best I'm afraid.

Thanks for the pics. I'm really glad that there will be no black coverboard. I should be putting my order through in the next couple of days.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I'm really glad that there will be no black coverboard. I should be putting my order through in the next couple of days.
    I kind of have a rule about not buying “anything after 1993” thing going on, but I’m buying the Bats Morrison Omni.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 07-07-2018 at 05:50 PM.