View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Speaking of which, do you think there will ever be confusion down the line as to the original Flash Rebirth and the newer Flash Rebirth? I guess the same is for Green Lantern. I wonder if they would change the titles of the trades slightly to avoid confusion.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

Cpn Craig, or others, anyone know what numbers Green Arrow GA omni pulled in its first month? Was it comparable to ~700-750 range? I would think if it was, that bodes well for other non-bats/Supes/WW GA omnis for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Raffi has the line on this. I tried going to the comichron site but couldn't locate it.
    I seem to recall it sold in the 600 range. There was a thread just for the Green Arrow Golden Age Omni and a link was posted to mapping of DC GA Omnis.
    If GA Green Arrow were to be completed it would only be 3 volumes. So come on DC, just do that!
    Green Arrow: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 shifted 593 units in December 2017.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    I wasn't off by much.
    Be curious if it's sold enough units in the last 7 months to get them to consider volume 2?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Golden Age Superman vol. 6 Omni still hasn't been solicited, correct? I know Batman GA vol. 6 has.
    I read that restoration was taking some time, so the book had been delayed.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...44493#p1044493

" GA Superman 6 is delayed to January 2019, Vols 6-7 require a lot of restoration and that's why it's likely taking a while. After that, things should speed up a bit."

^^^^^
    I wasn't off by much.
    Be curious if it's sold enough units in the last 7 months to get them to consider volume 2?
    Hopefully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 – 758
    I got my copy. That looks like a low number to me. Is that considered strong sales for an 800 page omnibus?
    Last edited by andersonh1; 07-19-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I got my copy. That looks like a low number to me. Is that considered strong sales for an 800 page omnibus?
    It's pretty good for a Golden Age Omnibus retailed at $125. Golden Age material attracts a smaller group of buyers compared to modern material. Generally only avid collectors, completionists and fans of the character(s) in question will purchase GA material.

Spectacular Member

Some new fishes in the sea:

Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus

Collects Wonder Woman #164-188, Wonder Woman: Our Worlds at War #1, Wonder Woman Secret Files & Origins #3 and Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2003 #1-4 with variant covers by Phil Jimenez as bonus material.

Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus

Collects stories from BATMAN FAMILY #12-20 and DETECTIVE COMICS #481-519.

Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Volume 1

Collecting issues #1-13

Detective Comics Before Batman Omnibus Volume 2

Collecting issues #14-26

Batman: The Hush Saga Omnibus

Collects Batman #608-619, #685, a story from Wizard #0, Batman: Gotham Knights #50-74, Detective Comics #846-852, Batman: Streets of Gotham #1-4, #14, #16-21 and Batman Villains Secret Files and Origins 2005 #1.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus

Collects Volumes 1 and 2

The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition)

Collects Action Comics #684-692, Adventures of Superman #497-505, Superman #75-83, Superman: The Man of Steel #18-26, Justice League of America #69-70, Action Comics Annual #5, Adventures of Superman Annual #5, Green Lantern #46, Legacy of Superman #1, Supergirl and Team Luthor #1, Superman Annual #5, Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2, plus excerpts from Action Comics #683, Adventures of Superman #496, Superman #73 and Superman: The Man of Steel #17.

Justice League: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 4

Collects Justice League #34-43

Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman Deluxe Edition

Collects

The Flash/Green Lantern: The Brave & the Bold Deluxe Edition

Collects The Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold #1-6

Promethea: The Deluxe Edition Book One

Collects issues #1-12.

Batman and the Outsiders Vol. 3

Collects Batman and the Outsiders #24-32, Batman and the Outsiders Annual #2, DC Comics Presents #83 and excerpts from Who's Who #12-15

Batman vs. Deathstroke

Collects Deathstroke #30-36.

Superman Vol. 1

Collects issues #1-6.

Superman: Action Comics Vol. 1

Collects issues #1,001-1,006.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Now that's unexpected. Wow. Might have to try those out.

I read that restoration was taking some time, so the book had been delayed.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...44493#p1044493

" GA Superman 6 is delayed to January 2019, Vols 6-7 require a lot of restoration and that's why it's likely taking a while. After that, things should speed up a bit."
    A lot to read into that quote. Promising in that not only is a solicit forthcoming for vol.6 BUT that vol.7 is also being worked on!
    Followed up with "After that,things should sped up a bit". Indicating that GA Superman vol. 8-12 may come in quicker succession than the two a year we've gotten the last few years??

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Collects Wonder Woman #164-188, Wonder Woman: Our Worlds at War #1, Wonder Woman Secret Files & Origins #3 and Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2003 #1-4 with variant covers by Phil Jimenez as bonus material.

The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition)

Collects Action Comics #684-692, Adventures of Superman #497-505, Superman #75-83, Superman: The Man of Steel #18-26, Justice League of America #69-70, Action Comics Annual #5, Adventures of Superman Annual #5, Green Lantern #46, Legacy of Superman #1, Supergirl and Team Luthor #1, Superman Annual #5, Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2, plus excerpts from Action Comics #683, Adventures of Superman #496, Superman #73 and Superman: The Man of Steel #17.
    Yeah finally gettin Jiminez Wonder Woman on OHC. Been wishing for this for years. Not sure why we need another reprinting of Death of Superman though when we really need the Byrne years done in omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Plus seemingly abandoned Tpb lines coming back: Catwoman Balent 2 and Batman Shadow of the Bat 4.

Also Batman Caped Crusader 2.

A lot to read into that quote. Promising in that not only is a solicit forthcoming for vol.6 BUT that vol.7 is also being worked on!
    Followed up with "After that,things should sped up a bit". Indicating that GA Superman vol. 8-12 may come in quicker succession than the two a year we've gotten the last few years??
    The belief around the Collected Editions board is that once DC gets into the 50s, they start to have the original film for many of their books, so a lot of the art that has to be sourced from actual comics for 1940s reprints will start to come from that film, making reprint volumes much easier to produce. And I think a lot of the linework has already had some work done on it for the old Showcase Presents volumes anyway.

Incredible Member

Now that's unexpected. Wow. Might have to try those out.
    Same here, will be interesting to read the first 26 issues!

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Plus seemingly abandoned Tpb lines coming back: Catwoman Balent 2 and Batman Shadow of the Bat 4.

Also Batman Caped Crusader 2.
    Great to see! Now if only they could bring back the Cassandra Cain & BOP trades to!

The belief around the Collected Editions board is that once DC gets into the 50s, they start to have the original film for many of their books, so a lot of the art that has to be sourced from actual comics for 1940s reprints will start to come from that film, making reprint volumes much easier to produce. And I think a lot of the linework has already had some work done on it for the old Showcase Presents volumes anyway.
    I had thought most of the 50's material for the Trinity hadn't been collected. That was part of the excitement of getting there, same for late 40s era.
    Whatever makes it happen I'm good with though! I'm stoked to think that in 3yrs time we could have all of Golden Age Bats/Supes and Wonder Woman all Omni'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post

Wonder Woman travels to Gotham to help Batman defeat The Joker, Scarecrow and Poison Ivy--only they're possessed by even more sinister forces. Then, Lois Lane joins Diana on a trip to the United Nations, to the White House for official business with President Luthor, on a visit with Steve Trevor and Etta Candy, as a guest on a talk show and more. Before the day is over, Lois finally confronts Diana on her relationship with Superman. But it's not the Man of Steel who seems to have captured Diana's heart...

This leaves a sizable gap in Wonder Woman(1987) volume 2. With the three volume Perez sets ending at #62 that leaves a 100 issue span.
    Is there sizable enough interest in the Messner-Loebs era? He has #63-100, except #65 for some reason. They should include it for continuity sake but probably wouldn't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I would love for them to release these in the collected fat TPBs, ala the Kyle Jordan run, etc... they just put the 3 Flash omnis from Johns in TPB form, and they're doing it for his Titans run and his JSA run, so I would think/hope that GL would be coming as well. I love this run, only read pieces of it, but those omnis are HUGE and I'd rather have them in more readable format (or reprint them in 4-5 smaller omnis), although i'm sure my opinion is in the minority.

Man, I just got the Fourth World omni from someone off ebay (front cover cut off, so it's got the few minor defects, but I knew this going in and am 100% fine with it - nabbed it for ~$35!) - anyways, HOLY COW that is the biggest book I have ever owned! OUtside of Sin City and Colossal Conan, that might be the biggest book ever (probably not...) Again, I would have preferred them to split this among 2 books, but I can see why they wanted a 'done in one' version. Personally I don't care about a few pages being wonky, I can't wait to read it in its oversized, crazy Kirby glory!
    Just announced

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Book One
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781401288280

Incredible Member

Some more

Shadow of the Bat vol 4 Batman: Shadow of the Bat #32-43

Catwoman by Balent 2 - Catwoman #14-24, #0, Catwoman Annual #2 and Showcase '95 #4.

Black Lightning: The Complete 1995 Series Black Lightning #1-13 and DC Universe Holiday Bash #2.

Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 2 BATMAN #433-444 and BATMAN ANNUAL #13.

Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner Vol. 3 Green Lantern #66-75 and Green Lantern Annual #4.