View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is great and all, but I really wish they'd focus on completing series they've already started (like the lingering 8th and final volume of Ostander's Suicide Squad).
    Or his Spectre run. Its SO PHENOMENAL.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Some new fishes in the sea:

The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus (New Edition)

Collects Action Comics #684-692, Adventures of Superman #497-505, Superman #75-83, Superman: The Man of Steel #18-26, Justice League of America #69-70, Action Comics Annual #5, Adventures of Superman Annual #5, Green Lantern #46, Legacy of Superman #1, Supergirl and Team Luthor #1, Superman Annual #5, Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2, plus excerpts from Action Comics #683, Adventures of Superman #496, Superman #73 and Superman: The Man of Steel #17.
    The New Edition of the D&R Superman Omnibus has some additional issues which the previous one didn't, amongst others JLA #70 and the Supergirl & Team Luther Special. It's also priced at $150!

This is unfortunate, as I have the previous Omnibus but wouldn't mind having the new edition with the extra issues. I'll probably stick with the original as the price tag on the new one is pretty steep.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Incredible Member

I will pick this up. Enjoyed it back in the day and still have a lot of the issues but never read it all. Never picked up the last version. DC seems to be doing this thing these days “buy this new edition!, it has issues we missed last time!”

Promethea: The Deluxe Edition Book One for me, I would have prefered an Omnibus collecting the whole serie though.

Maybe The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus, I already have the first print but the binding isn't that great so if the new edition has a better binding I might sell my first print and buy the new one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This leaves a sizable gap in Wonder Woman(1987) volume 2. With the three volume Perez sets ending at #62 that leaves a 100 issue span.
    Is there sizable enough interest in the Messner-Loebs era? He has #63-100, except #65 for some reason. They should include it for continuity sake but probably wouldn't.
    I'd much prefer WML run be collected than Jiminez. It's an underrated run and doesn't get any love from DC as far as collections go.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post

Is this the version of the collection that is going to have that giant fold out art that was delayed a million times?

I don't actually remember what issue that was in so perhaps it would be in a future volume and not this specific one but is this series finally the right edition for it? The solicit text only mentions behind the scenes bonus art etc.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I was hoping for a reprint as I got into comics after it was already oop. Also Raffi, I believe the aftermarket price on your omni is more than you'd pay for the new version.
    That may be so, but I'm not sure it will be that easy of a sell for me. Something to think about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Is this the version of the collection that is going to have that giant fold out art that was delayed a million times?

I don't actually remember what issue that was in so perhaps it would be in a future volume and not this specific one but is this series finally the right edition for it? The solicit text only mentions behind the scenes bonus art etc.
    I believe that was supposed to be the never come to light immateria edition. This seems to be in the vein of the typical vertigo deluxes

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Speaking of WW, why is the PJ getting an omni treatment and the John Bryne material gets a simple HC release? Id settle for a dlx edition.
    Probably because Jimenez's run is vastly superior to Byrne's in every way...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Probably because Jimenez's run is vastly superior to Byrne's in every way...?
    I'm getting both. I'll get back to you after I read them!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post

I am curious about that as well. I believe that was going to be an Omnibus. I wish DC would do the entire America's Best Comics Line in Omnibus or Deluxe Editions.

I read both the Byrne and Jimenez runs when they originally came out.
    Don't remember either being terrific but being a fan of Wonder Woman,
    I got the Byrne hard covers and so far have enjoyed them.
    Probably will get the Jimenez Omnibus, even though I did not like how he handled Diana
    and Trevor's relationship ......... Diana was made to look like a young fool in-love and Trevor
    was left holding my anger simply because he did not feel the same about her and could only
    break her heart ......... which made me pissed off..........
    Like who is this man? He is insignificant in comic book lore, he was there for just a few years
    and would most likely fade away and yet here he has the audacity to not love Diana back.
    Hopefully reading the whole story again on bigger pages, will give me a better perspective
    of What Phil was trying to convey across his whole run.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I read both the Byrne and Jimenez runs when they originally came out.
    Don't remember either being terrific but being a fan of Wonder Woman,
    I got the Byrne hard covers and so far have enjoyed them.
    Probably will get the Jimenez Omnibus, even though I did not like how he handled Diana
    and Trevor's relationship ......... Diana was made to look like a young fool in-love and Trevor
    was left holding my anger simply because he did not feel the same about her and could only
    break her heart ......... which made me pissed off..........
    Like who is this man? He is insignificant in comic book lore, he was there for just a few years
    and would most likely fade away and yet here he has the audacity to not love Diana back.
    Hopefully reading the whole story again on bigger pages, will give me a better perspective
    of What Phil was trying to convey across his whole run.
    I'm so behind on Wonder Woman material, I forgot Bryne V.2 HC came oht already! As did the Rebirth dlx! As did Perez Omni 3! Damn. Really cant express how happy I am these are getting collected though.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Seriously considering buying the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. No idea what it’s about, but know many really liked it. How is the binding on this? I have heard it’s a rather thick book, but that won’t hinder me if the story within is good.