View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I know giant books like Infinite Crisis and Justice League International are unwieldy and a chore to hold, but does anyone else just getting incredibly pumped when first pulling them out of the box, or looking at them on the shelf? I pulled the IC book out and was amazed. "Look at this big bastard here." No clue how I'm going to read it, but I love owning it.
    Sometimes I feel like the comic I'm holding is far too good for me, lol. Usually with an Absolute Edition. When I hold one, I'm like: "Comics is a serious business"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Anyone who has Batman Rebirth Deluxe book 2, can you tell me what order they put the Button tie-ins, Every Epilogue is a prelude, and Brave and the Mold? The trade paperback puts Batman 24 before 23, and I'm wondering if the deluxe does this too, and where the Button is placed in relation to that. Thanks!
    The Button, Brave and the Mold, and Every Epilogue is a Prelude is the order in the HC

Incredible Member

I am excited for some stuff coming out next year but whoa are they getting expensive. Death of Superman reissue ($195 Can). Lists 1000 pages. In comparison. Final crisis is same list price at about 1500 pages. Detective comics vol 1/pre Batman. $130 for 400 pages?! Some od the Recent rebirth deluxes are around 400 pages for $50 list price.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I am excited for some stuff coming out next year but whoa are they getting expensive. Death of Superman reissue ($195 Can). Lists 1000 pages. In comparison. Final crisis is same list price at about 1500 pages. Detective comics vol 1/pre Batman. $130 for 400 pages?! Some od the Recent rebirth deluxes are around 400 pages for $50 list price.
    While I like a lot of story, sometimes these books get out of hand. My postman will probably give me the finger when he delivers Infinite Crisis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    While I like a lot of story, sometimes these books get out of hand. My postman will probably give me the finger when he delivers Infinite Crisis.
    1500 is pretty large. I dont think id get somthing that large unless I really wanted it. Its the price which is getting up there. I have an IST order coming with Flash 3, avengers 2 and Infinite Crisis. Hopefully the Fedex guy has been hitting the gym.

The solicit says the pre-Batman Tec issues have never been reprinted, so I guess they will need a LOT of restoration. That alone will drive the price up. I‘d also wager that these will have a much smaller print run than the Rebirth Deluxes as there won’t be too many potential buyers. This will increase the price even more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    The solicit says the pre-Batman Tec issues have never been reprinted, so I guess they will need a LOT of restoration. That alone will drive the price up. I‘d also wager that these will have a much smaller print run than the Rebirth Deluxes as there won’t be too many potential buyers. This will increase the price even more.
    Over on the masterworks forum, someone mentioned that these would be scans. So the amount of restoration is unknown. If they went through the effort to restore it, than I get the price and am fine with it. Its still really cool they are printing these at all.

The other night I went through my list of what I planned to get for the next few months and cut it almost in half as far as actual books went and probably more than that in dollars. Some of the stuff was blind buys (and I haven't been lucky with those lately) and the other stuff I've read a ton of times (i.e. the Loeb-Sale Batman omnibus).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The other night I went through my list of what I planned to get for the next few months and cut it almost in half as far as actual books went and probably more than that in dollars. Some of the stuff was blind buys (and I haven't been lucky with those lately) and the other stuff I've read a ton of times (i.e. the Loeb-Sale Batman omnibus).
    I'm in the same boat. I'm nearing 100 omnis and space is at a premium. Trying to be logical and not double dip and focus on stuff i REALLY want

The Death of Superman Omnibus omits some World Without A Superman issues right? Or Funeral For a Friend ones?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I do the list thing too looking months in advance. Helps me prioritize what I REALLY want when I see it all laid out. Doesnt totally eliminate the spur of the moment add a random book to an order thing though!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

So, we all agree we are kind of becoming hoarders? Maybe have a TV show made about us?

Anyone knows when new solicitations will be released? Already over a month since June news.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm nearing 100 omnis and space is at a premium. Trying to be logical and not double dip and focus on stuff i REALLY want
    Ditto. I'm nearing 100 Marvel Omnis and 35 DC Omnis. It's getting slightly out of hand. I'm having to rearrange shelf space which is almost at zero and yet so many more Omnis to come. I might seriously consider selling an Omni or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    So, we all agree we are kind of becoming hoarders? Maybe have a TV show made about us?
    HA!

That would be crazy.