View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Anyone knows when new solicitations will be released? Already over a month since June news.
    DC solicitations usually hit Tuesday, so probably tomorrow but sometimes we get them a day earlier so maybe today. But then again, the SD Con is going on so maybe when that's over or is it already over?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I have a list of what I intend to buy as well. But it's organised by publisher and reading order. I've also made Google alerts to tell me to keep my card topped up.

I'm worried it's too organised and encourages buying more. "I can't just have a Saga of the Swamp Thing omni, if there's a perfectly good Bronze Age omni that goes before it".
    ha yeah. Maybe lists makes it too easy to buy everything. "well I have to buy it, I have it on my list". My problem is the "add ons". "well since I am ordering this omnibus, I might as well order these other 2 at the same time. Only makes sense and saves on shipping".

Fantastic Member

Can anyone comment on the material in the Batman 66 omnibus? It seems like it could be a lot of fun and is just over 50% off on US Amazon currently, which makes it very tempting for a blind buy.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Incredible Member

The new solicits are now up

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4280555

Mighty Member

This is the first time in years when the Edelweiss catalog comes out and nothing leaps out at me. I mean, there are things I will buy, of course, but just "next volumes" in series I read in trade. No cool surprises that pique my interest (the first Knightfall Omnibus a couple years ago was very exciting to see, for example), no reprints of hard to find stuff I don't own. This was bound to happen, I suppose.

Interesting there is a Wonder Woman by Azzarello and Chiang omni this close to the release of the Absolutes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    This is the first time in years when the Edelweiss catalog comes out and nothing leaps out at me. I mean, there are things I will buy, of course, but just "next volumes" in series I read in trade. No cool surprises that pique my interest (the first Knightfall Omnibus a couple years ago was very exciting to see, for example), no reprints of hard to find stuff I don't own. This was bound to happen, I suppose.
    To me the biggest surprise is the 2 volume "Detective Comics before Batman" collections, having the first 26 issues of Detective Comics is a really cool prospect

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Interesting there is a Wonder Woman by Azzarello and Chiang omni this close to the release of the Absolutes.
    I think I will get this one. It was a really good run even for me who had never read any other WW series.
    Also tempted by the Absolute Black Mirror...
    Last edited by poolovision; 07-23-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Hell yes. Excited for Absolute Black Mirror and Scarlet. Not much else I'm too interested in. I needed a break anyways, DC has been pumping out a lot of good collections lately.

Oh, and a little surprised to see NTT v4
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-23-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Also tempted by the Absolute Black Mirror...
    I also would be if I didn't strongly believe we'll get a Snyder Bats Omni sooner or later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    To me the biggest surprise is the 2 volume "Detective Comics before Batman" collections, having the first 26 issues of Detective Comics is a really cool prospect
    I certainly find that interesting, and it's really cool for those that like that stuff, but it's not something I'd buy. Same kind of deal with the Crisis companions - it's neat that they're doing them, but it's not a thing I'll buy. I was hoping to see Batman by Morrison v2, a start to a XXX by Gail Simone Complete Collection, a restart to any series that's been left hanging (e.g. Batgirl Cassandra Cain v4), or something totally out there like an Armageddon 2001 Omnibus. Maybe my problem is my hopes don't match up with what DC considers publishable . . .

I'm sad Young Justice vol 3 reprints just 2 issues then a bunch of one shots by random people. It's a skip for me, but I hope it's sales don't affect the line coming out with vol 4.

They should have just skipped the 2 issues and come out with a separate trade for that cross over if people wanted it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I certainly find that interesting, and it's really cool for those that like that stuff, but it's not something I'd buy. Same kind of deal with the Crisis companions - it's neat that they're doing them, but it's not a thing I'll buy. I was hoping to see Batman by Morrison v2, a start to a XXX by Gail Simone Complete Collection, a restart to any series that's been left hanging (e.g. Batgirl Cassandra Cain v4), or something totally out there like an Armageddon 2001 Omnibus. Maybe my problem is my hopes don't match up with what DC considers publishable . . .
    Yeah now that you mention it... Where is that Batman Morrisson Volume 2?
    And was there not talk about a Metal Omnibus that was seemingly confirmed on Twitter already?

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Yeah now that you mention it... Where is that Batman Morrisson Volume 2?
    And was there not talk about a Metal Omnibus that was seemingly confirmed on Twitter already?
    It took them years to get all the Absolute Transmet books out so I'm not surprised that they're screwing around with Morrison vol. 2.
    As far as the Metal omnibus it was confirmed but never a date. I suspect they'll milk it in various forms before an omnibus.