View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

All over the Wonder Woman omnibus. I have almost bought both the absolutes or trades many times. Omnibus it is. Also Black Mirror possibly but as someone mentioned, maybe this will go into an omnibus,

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I also would be if I didn't strongly believe we'll get a Snyder Bats Omni sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    All over the Wonder Woman omnibus. I have almost bought both the absolutes or trades many times. Omnibus it is. Also Black Mirror possibly but as someone mentioned, maybe this will go into an omnibus,

Something to keep in mind about Black Mirror. It was pre New 52 and nothing to do with Snyder's run, so don't be so sure it's collected in an omnibus or at least not immediately. Morrison wrote some Batman stuff before he took over the main title and those weren't collected in his recent omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Something to keep in mind about Black Mirror. It was pre New 52 and nothing to do with Snyder's run, so don't be so sure it's collected in an omnibus or at least not immediately. Morrison wrote some Batman stuff before he took over the main title and those weren't collected in his recent omnibus.
    Thanks. I may get this regardless. I love Black Mirror. Its worth double/triple dipping. I feel like going back and re-reading it now.

Mighty Member

It took them years to get all the Absolute Transmet books out so I'm not surprised that they're screwing around with Morrison vol. 2.
    As far as the Metal omnibus it was confirmed but never a date. I suspect they'll milk it in various forms before an omnibus.
    After the Knightfall omnibuses all came out in 15 months, I figured Morrison would get a somewhat similar treatment. Unless Burnham (or someone else) is doing some sort of Final Crisis recap for Morrison v2 that will take time to produce, there isn't a particularly good reason to delay these omnibii to once a year in my mind (granted, I'd have bought all three at once if they had all come out simultaneously).

The Metal TPBs are in this round of solicits - can't imagine the omnibus will come out until they think the TPBs have sold through. I'd be shocked if we see it before Christmas-time 2019.

Thanks. I may get this regardless. I love Black Mirror. Its worth double/triple dipping. I feel like going back and re-reading it now.
    There was a time I’d of snapped up all of those absolutes but to be honest I’m getting a bit bored of comics, there had been some ok stuff lately but nothing that has reignited my interest much

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    There was a time I’d of snapped up all of those absolutes but to be honest I’m getting a bit bored of comics, there had been some ok stuff lately but nothing that has reignited my interest much
    I don't buy too many absolutes. Some just are not worth it for me. Sucks to get bored of comics. I try to vary what I read. The moment I feel bored of anything, I go read something else. Its the rare omnibus where that is the only thing I read for 1000 pages and nothing else. Some of the best newer comics I never see anyone mention too much is Black Hammer, Seven to Eternity and Monstress.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm sad Young Justice vol 3 reprints just 2 issues then a bunch of one shots by random people. It's a skip for me, but I hope it's sales don't affect the line coming out with vol 4.

They should have just skipped the 2 issues and come out with a separate trade for that cross over if people wanted it.
    If you skip Book Three, you'll be missing out on a lot more than two issues. The "Sins of Youth" crossover had major consequences for the team, and the two double-sized specials that bookend it were written by Peter David and drawn by Todd Nauck.

This is one Batman run (or Detective) by Snyder that I enjoyed. I wasn't a fan of any of his subsequent stuff. I might pick this up if I can get a good deal on it (something more than the typical 50 percent off IST). I do like it but maybe not enough to pay $50.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    After the Knightfall omnibuses all came out in 15 months, I figured Morrison would get a somewhat similar treatment. .
    You make a good point. I was just playing devil's advocate with Transmet. I guess you just never know with DC.

I'll pass on the Azzerello and Chang Omni for now...simply because already have the trades of them, and I feel that run was heavily over sold.

I am really annoyed at how they're collecting the new JLD series. Hopefully they change it, but issue #4 seems to be the only one that is a part of this WW crossover. (Which is another problem in itself to have a crossover so early on in a series. But I digress...) The JLD trade is said to collect #1-6 of the new series. Come on DC. Not this double dipping again...

Also, what's with all this "Essential" collection? I feel like DC is REALLY trying to get away from the N52. The label/ brand i mean. I saw a lot of solid N52 runs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    So, we all agree we are kind of becoming hoarders? Maybe have a TV show made about us?
    Wait, kind of? I think we're probably in full blown hoard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Also, what's with all this "Essential" collection? I feel like DC is REALLY trying to get away from the N52. The label/ brand i mean. I saw a lot of solid N52 runs there.
    And what's a black label trade? Did that exist before and I just missed it?
    Last edited by doolittle; 07-23-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Wait, kind of? I think we're probably in full blown hoard mode.

And what's a black label trade? Did that exist before and I just missed it?
    I think its their new "Elseworld mature" tpb series.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    After the Knightfall omnibuses all came out in 15 months, I figured Morrison would get a somewhat similar treatment. Unless Burnham (or someone else) is doing some sort of Final Crisis recap for Morrison v2 that will take time to produce, there isn't a particularly good reason to delay these omnibii to once a year in my mind
    I could see that being the case, but does anyone know why DC always ignores RIP: Missing Chapter from Time and the Batman?! I’ve never understood why every printing of this material doesn’t include this one.
    1: It bridges the end of RIP to the end of Final Crisis.
    2: Leads directly into Return of Bruce Wayne.
    3: Explains #682/683 for those out of the loop.
    4: Has Tony S. Daniel art.
    5: And most importantly gives resolution to that subplot with the prostitute that Batman hooked up with a job.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm glad they finally solicited World's Finest: Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 which I'll be picking up. Also JLA: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 and the Detective Comics: 80 Years Deluxe. I was hoping for an Aquaman: Golden Age or Silver Age Omnibus. They probably wouldn't need too many volumes to complete as Aquaman was stop started and often appeared as a backup strip in other titles even in Detective Comics at one point. There was some really nice looking art back then by Ramona Fradon and Nick Cardy which helped overlook some of the corny stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    If you skip Book Three, you'll be missing out on a lot more than two issues. The "Sins of Youth" crossover had major consequences for the team, and the two double-sized specials that bookend it were written by Peter David and drawn by Todd Nauck.
    Well if it's more like 6 issues by them I feel better. It was just shocking to see 2 issues listed. I guess if it marks a big change I'll get it. Thank you for the info.

Morrison's stuff such as 'Arkham Asylum' and 'Gothic' was much older and tonally different. Besides, his Omni did include his modern pre-New 52 Batman. I obviously could be wrong, but I'm positive an eventual 'Batman by Scott Snyder' Omni will include 'The Black Mirror'. It's too big a lure to omit it.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 07-24-2018 at 03:13 AM.