View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Picturepeeper View Post
    I could see that being the case, but does anyone know why DC always ignores RIP: Missing Chapter from Time and the Batman?! I’ve never understood why every printing of this material doesn’t include this one.
    1: It bridges the end of RIP to the end of Final Crisis.
    2: Leads directly into Return of Bruce Wayne.
    3: Explains #682/683 for those out of the loop.
    4: Has Tony S. Daniel art.
    5: And most importantly gives resolution to that subplot with the prostitute that Batman hooked up with a job.
    I argued this should be the start of Morrison v2 either here or in a Batman thread, but it's not without its problems (I think JBatmanFan05 was the one effectively arguing the other side). The second missing chapter reveals the nature of Darkseid's trap well before it's revealed in RoBW (both the horror of the monster and the bush machine Batman in #2, for example, are intended to be confusing but would be pretty clear when read after The Missing Chapters). Likewise, Tim's part of the story is being the Bat-representative at the end of the Missing Chapters, and he doesn't appear again until RoBW #5 - if you put them first, that's a long time off between appearances and may lessen the impact of his role. Also, using The Missing Chapters to replace Final Crisis in the chronology omits some of the Metron stuff from FC that helps explicate the end of RoBW.

I would be fine with The Missing Chapters kicking off the second volume of Morrison omnibuses, but I've read the stories before (multiple times!) and support collecting them in Bruce's chronological order (I get the argument for publication order, but I like narrative momentum and would prefer having each arc collected together). However, I think a 2-3 page FC recap, then putting all of the RoBW and Time and the Batman material in the latter half of the collection would be a perfectly fair and reasonable choice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1007 View Post
    Am I correct in thinking it’s gone totally silent on the Absolute Swamp Thing we were rumoured to get soon?
    Amazon still has it for July 2nd. But no contents are listed at least not on German Amazon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wonder Woman by Jimenez Omni
    Batgirl Bronze Age vol.2 Omni
    Batman: Hush Omni

These are my instant buys. I like that they are doing the Detective Comics before Batman Omnis but for 26 issues am really puzzled why they broke that into two volumes.
    If those get clearanced at a good price I could be tempted.

The only TPB I'm looking at is the complete Black Lightning one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I argued this should be the start of Morrison v2 either here or in a Batman thread, but it's not without its problems (I think JBatmanFan05 was the one effectively arguing the other side). The second missing chapter reveals the nature of Darkseid's trap well before it's revealed in RoBW (both the horror of the monster and the bush machine Batman in #2, for example, are intended to be confusing but would be pretty clear when read after The Missing Chapters). Likewise, Tim's part of the story is being the Bat-representative at the end of the Missing Chapters, and he doesn't appear again until RoBW #5 - if you put them first, that's a long time off between appearances and may lessen the impact of his role. Also, using The Missing Chapters to replace Final Crisis in the chronology omits some of the Metron stuff from FC that helps explicate the end of RoBW.

I would be fine with The Missing Chapters kicking off the second volume of Morrison omnibuses, but I've read the stories before (multiple times!) and support collecting them in Bruce's chronological order (I get the argument for publication order, but I like narrative momentum and would prefer having each arc collected together). However, I think a 2-3 page FC recap, then putting all of the RoBW and Time and the Batman material in the latter half of the collection would be a perfectly fair and reasonable choice.
    That makes a lot of sense, I can definitely see both sides. I would be fine either way, but I think you have convinced me that an original transition would be better perhaps. I guess part of me is still sore that I had to deal with Time and the Batman being the only part of my Morrison run that wasn’t in OHC for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1007 View Post
    Am I correct in thinking it’s gone totally silent on the Absolute Swamp Thing we were rumoured to get soon?
    Pretty quiet all around. Which is troubling. I thought we would finally see it this time. Especially with LoEG, Promethea and Watchmen getting a release.

Still no Morrison Batman Omni from Amazon.co.uk

I’m getting anxious now.
    Last edited by Russ840; 07-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Fantastic Member

The thing troubling to me is that it looks like Dan Abnett will be on Aquaman at least until issue 48, and 38 is out tomorrow. I expected we'd see Kelly Sue DeConnick take over a lot sooner given the recent announcement...

Come to think of it, I don't think they could get that many issues out in time for the trade, so either the solicit is wrong or Aquaman is going to ship twice monthly again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Still no Morrison Omni from Amazon.co.uk

I’m getting anxious now.
    What Morrison Omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    is the Black Mirror hardcover that was previously published an OHC or just standard?
    It was a standard edition. The Batman Noir version was deluxe-sized, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    What Morrison Omnibus?
    Volume 1. It seems to be temporarily out of stock with some vendors.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.

All-New Member

While I'm super excited to finally be able to buy the Monster Society of Evil, I'm surprised and disappointing that there isn't more Captain Marvel/Shazam stuff being solicited.
    I thought for sure we would have gotten a "Power of Shazam!" omnibus, and was hoping for some of the Golden Age stuff to be reprinted too.... (I have the archives)

Quote Originally Posted by ZSnyder View Post
    While I'm super excited to finally be able to buy the Monster Society of Evil, I'm surprised and disappointing that there isn't more Captain Marvel/Shazam stuff being solicited.
    I thought for sure we would have gotten a "Power of Shazam!" omnibus, and was hoping for some of the Golden Age stuff to be reprinted too.... (I have the archives)
    Wow, two posts in two years. This is a high honor.

Yeah, I really thought the solicitations would blow up with Shazam stuff after the trailer dropped. I expect more stuff next month to be released.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATGIRL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by KARL KERSCHL:

Collects stories from BATMAN FAMILY #12-20 and DETECTIVE COMICS #481-499, 501-502, 505-506, 508-510 and 512-519.
    Really excited for this although IMO they should also include "Batgirl Special 1" which was Batgirl's final appearance in the DCU before The Killing Joke (appropriately titled "Batgirl's Last Case")

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They are getting stock on August 7th according to CS. Could be earlier, but idk.
    Thanks. I have been onto customer services but they seem to not have an answer for me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Wow, two posts in two years. This is a high honor.

Yeah, I really thought the solicitations would blow up with Shazam stuff after the trailer dropped. I expect more stuff next month to be released.
    Long time lurker, second time poster...

I hope so, but worst case I'm happy to finally get to read Monster Society!