View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    With the DC modern classics solicitied for early next year, starting with Watchmen and TDKR, if the sales are good and this line continues what other storys are likely to be collected in this format?
    These will be standard size yes? I still need to upgrade those from my very old German versions and it seems like a nice way to do it, but OHC would be nice. Otherwise I will buy the more recent OHC versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Does Deluxe Edition automatically mean that the book will be oversized?
    All Deluxes should be oversized, yes.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Received my Infinite Crisis Omnibus today. This thing is monstrously huge. I look forward to reading it despite knowing very little about the story (other than “Sacrifice” which I read a few years ago digitally.) Many here said they’d enjoyed it, so despite my preference of late-Silver and Bronze Age material over more modern comics, I decided to take a chance.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 07-30-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Received my Infinite Crisis Omnibus today. This thing is monstrously huge. I look forward to reading it despite knowing very little about the story (other than “Sacrifice” which I read a few years ago digitally.) Many here said they’d enjoyed it, so despite my preference of late-Silver and Bronze Age material over more modern comics, I decided to take a chance.
    I just opened my IST order with Infinite Crisis. Going to crack it open shortly and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I just opened my IST order with Infinite Crisis. Going to crack it open shortly and check it out.
    I relaxed the spine on mine just now. Looks solid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I relaxed the spine on mine just now. Looks solid.
    I planned to just flip through and ended up reading 4-5 issues which I was really enjoying. Looking forward to getting more into it.

Infinite Crises all round, mine arrived yesterday

Fantastic Member

I just ordered Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones vol 2, despite not having vol 1. I hope this wasn’t a mistake. Vol 1 is out of stock seemingly everywhere (or being sold above cover price), which seems like a huge oversight on DC’s part when releasing a follow up volume.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I just ordered Batman by Doug Moench & Kelley Jones vol 2, despite not having vol 1. I hope this wasn’t a mistake. Vol 1 is out of stock seemingly everywhere (or being sold above cover price), which seems like a huge oversight on DC’s part when releasing a follow up volume.
    Was it a Hardcover or a TPB? I seem to recall conflicting solicits for that one...?

I have vol. 1 HC, and if vol. 2 is going to be paperback only, I'll probably hold off in the hopes that vol. 1 is reprinted in paperback as well.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Was it a Hardcover or a TPB? I seem to recall conflicting solicits for that one...?

I have vol. 1 HC, and if vol. 2 is going to be paperback only, I'll probably hold off in the hopes that vol. 1 is reprinted in paperback as well.
    It definitely looks like Hardcover, fortunately. Below is a link to it on IST:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...L-02/MAY180569

I may put my order in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Vol. 2 is also a hardcover.

Spectacular Member

Those Moench/Jones Batman stories were my first superhero comics that I bought when they got out in Germany in the late 90s I think. Those issues got lost in moves and while I took a long break from collecting. I am so happy that I have them available in 2 hcs. I can't talk about these without a very very great love. To me those stories and the horroresque artwork are just beyond. Maybe a reason why vol 1 is hard to find is the long time in between the two books? Also it seems to be rather common nowadays with Hickvangers 1 E. G. I hope you find a copy!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It definitely looks like Hardcover, fortunately. Below is a link to it on IST:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...L-02/MAY180569

I may put my order in tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Vol. 2 is also a hardcover.
    Great, thanks!

You know those early DC solicits can't be trusted...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I’ve read about 350 pages from the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. Modern books are a much faster read for me than the older books.

I’m just not quite sure how anything I’ve read so far ties into a “Crisis” style event, and with what HAS been referenced so far, why Identity Crisis wasn’t included (not that I liked that very much.)

Anyway, I am liking it so far, but nothing Crisis-worthy in my opinion (yet.) And I really like the thicker stock of paper DC uses in their Omnibus releases compared to Marvel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    no legion collections this time (((