View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I’ve read about 350 pages from the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. Modern books are a much faster read for me than the older books.

I’m just not quite sure how anything I’ve read so far ties into a “Crisis” style event, and with what HAS been referenced so far, why Identity Crisis wasn’t included (not that I liked that very much.)

Anyway, I am liking it so far, but nothing Crisis-worthy in my opinion (yet.) And I really like the thicker stock of paper DC uses in their Omnibus releases compared to Marvel.
    Once you hit the actual mini series, it will all make sense. In my opinion, Infinite Crisis and 52 were the absolute highlights of what greatness DC can pull off. Everything was firing on all pistons

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Once you hit the actual mini series, it will all make sense. In my opinion, Infinite Crisis and 52 were the absolute highlights of what greatness DC can pull off. Everything was firing on all pistons
    There were a lot of plot lines that I genuinely felt so much pity for.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I’ve read about 350 pages from the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. Modern books are a much faster read for me than the older books.

I’m just not quite sure how anything I’ve read so far ties into a “Crisis” style event, and with what HAS been referenced so far, why Identity Crisis wasn’t included (not that I liked that very much.)

Anyway, I am liking it so far, but nothing Crisis-worthy in my opinion (yet.) And I really like the thicker stock of paper DC uses in their Omnibus releases compared to Marvel.
    It escalates into the Crisis. Starts small and leads to universe shattering events.

Incredible Member

I'm about 300 pages in for Infinite Crisis. Really liking it a lot. I planned to just check it out and finish other stuff but now I'm invested in it. Glad I picked it up.
    Modern books I can read much faster than a silver age book. The upside to that is I find it makes them easier to re-read.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Infinite Crisis was terrific, It took me some time to work through Sacrifice and Omac but I wasn’t in the right mindset. I just finished 52, they just got better after infinite Crisis. The Marvel Family is too good! DC streaming should adapt this stuff!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Infinite Crisis was terrific, It took me some time to work through Sacrifice and Omac but I wasn’t in the right mindset. I just finished 52, they just got better after infinite Crisis. The Marvel Family is too good! DC streaming should adapt this stuff!
    I was actually thinking about picking up the 52 omnibus to read after I finish Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Somehow, Ralph Dibny, Boostergold, The Questions, Adam Strange, Animal Man, Rip Hunter, Starfire, and Black Adam are the greatest heroes in the DC universe! Dr. Sivana, the original, throws his glasses in the ring as the greatest DC villain ever! Will Magnus and TO Morrow out magic magic with Science! 52 is for real!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I was actually thinking about picking up the 52 omnibus to read after I finish Infinite Crisis.
    I encourage doing that. 52 is fantastic and is a worthy followup to IC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I encourage doing that. 52 is fantastic and is a worthy followup to IC
    How's the construction of the omnibus? I see also they released it in two chunky trades last year.

Mighty Member

How's the construction of the omnibus? I see also they released it in two chunky trades last year.
    I don't know about the omnibus. I will say the original 4 trades are probably better (if you can track them down) than the two chunky ones - in the four volume version, there is a behind the scenes page or two with each issue, usually with some art breakdown and a few paragraphs from the creative team about what they were doing. I didn't see anything like that when I flipped through one of the chunky ones.

I've seen some pics of the 52 omnibus falling apart, mainly the cover separating from the paper block. I have the original 4 trades and I'm happy with them, at least I don't have to worry about the construction.
    While the extras in the original trades are great I won't say pay cover for them if you can get the new chunky trades for cheap.
    But regardless of which version you are getting I would highly recommend picking the series up, it's a great follow up and I've highly enjoyed reading it every time I revisited the series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've seen some pics of the 52 omnibus falling apart, mainly the cover separating from the paper block. I have the original 4 trades and I'm happy with them, at least I don't have to worry about the construction.
    While the extras in the original trades are great I won't say pay cover for them if you can get the new chunky trades for cheap.
    But regardless of which version you are getting I would highly recommend picking the series up, it's a great follow up and I've highly enjoyed reading it every time I revisited the series.
    Thanks. I am going to pick up the chunky trades. I didn't know this was a followup. I like trades anyways to mix it up with larger books. They are easier to read in bed.

Amazing Member

Bought the omnibus and read the whole thing. Went back and forth alot in the book looking at previous sections and used the book on a stand, plus left it open for hours on end once. Books was still in great condition. I got scared too when I bought it, but I ended up going for it as I'm not a fan of Chunky trades that start to go over 450+ pages or so. I had was worried as I saw that pic on amazon that had teh cover ripped off it, but mine ended up being good.

Thanks. I am going to pick up the chunky trades. I didn't know this was a followup. I like trades anyways to mix it up with larger books. They are easier to read in bed.
    What happened was (hope I remember correctly ) after infinite crisis every title had a one year jump in the story and 52 meant to fill out that one year gap.
    Also it dealt with the aftermath of the crisis and it was a very unique collaboration between some of the biggest writers at DC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    What happened was (hope I remember correctly ) after infinite crisis every title had a one year jump in the story and 52 meant to fill out that one year gap.
    Also it dealt with the aftermath of the crisis and it was a very unique collaboration between some of the biggest writers at DC.
    Sounds great. I will pick this up next order. Of course I need to finish up Final Crisis first. Seems a great period for DC.