View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

THE DEATH AND RETURN OF SUPERMAN OMNIBUS NEW PRINTING Cover by DAN JURGENS and BRETT BREEDING:

ABSOLUTE SCARLET VOL. 1 Cover by ALEX MALEEV:

SUPERMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE OHC Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ:

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM!: FIRST THUNDER DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON:

Why is D C releasing a Scarlet Absolute edition?
    Is it any good? Should I read the new series coming
    out soon?
    I see it was only ten issues and took six whole years to
    come out. Now with most creators I would say they did not
    have much passion for the project, but with how
    full Bendis plate was over the span in which the book came out,
    was it more a planned thing?

Thanks for the covers, Raffi!

Definitely planning to grab the 2nd Crisis Companion and the Death & Return omni.

What are peoples thoughts on the Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale Batman Omnibus vs. the absolutes that contain the same material?

I have The Long Halloween Absolute, but I think I might prefer the omnibus instead. However, I do appreciate the "unfinished" paper in the Absolute.

Anyone trading them out, sticking with the Absolute, or keeping both?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I’d really like a Deluxe Edition of when Flash killed Reverse Flash from the early 80s, and Flash was considered a criminal.

Maybe the overall story would be too large for a typical Deluxe, but I think the necessary issues could fit. Not sure I’d want an Omnibus format. Just the necessary story.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 08-23-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Why is D C releasing a Scarlet Absolute edition?
    Is it any good? Should I read the new series coming
    out soon?
    I see it was only ten issues and took six whole years to
    come out. Now with most creators I would say they did not
    have much passion for the project, but with how
    full Bendis plate was over the span in which the book came out,
    was it more a planned thing?
    I think DC is trying to cash in on bendis and give fans books marvel wouldn't have put out. From what I remember it was a very enjoyable run with maleev on art which usually means quality to me. Can't remember tho if they've finishedthe story at marvel or not so not sure if the absolute will be a complete story and didn't even know there is a new series coming.
    I will probably wait for a more complete collection down the line but I like when bendis is writing street leve drama so I'll keep an eye out for that.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale Batman Omnibus vs. the absolutes that contain the same material?

I have The Long Halloween Absolute, but I think I might prefer the omnibus instead. However, I do appreciate the "unfinished" paper in the Absolute.

I'm sticking with the Absolutes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Still nothing official about the Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing that leaked at the beginning of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

I would've loved standalone Deluxe editions for these stories. My favorite is The Long Halloween, but the Absolute edition is a bit too chunky and the binding feels a bit weak. I'm extra careful when reading it. What do you mean by "unfinished"? The paper texture?

This is the same reason why I'm still wondering if I should buy the Deluxe edition of Kingdom Come or if I'm better off waiting for the Absolute reprint coming out in a few months. I'd like to have the definitive edition of these storylines, but the quality of the most expensive product is not always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I would've loved standalone Deluxe editions for these stories. My favorite is The Long Halloween, but the Absolute edition is a bit too chunky and the binding feels a bit weak. I'm extra careful when reading it. What do you mean by "unfinished"? The paper texture?

This is the same reason why I'm still wondering if I should buy the Deluxe edition of Kingdom Come or if I'm better off waiting for the Absolute reprint coming out in a few months. I'd like to have the definitive edition of these storylines, but the quality of the most expensive product is not always the best.
    I find an absolute edition of Kingdom Come somewhat pointless, considering it was a 4-issue mini-series. If they were including that storyline Geoff Johns did with Alex Ross in JSA that would make a little more sense, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post

Yes, the paper texture. It's not the same glossy paper you find in most other books.

Can't be sure the omnibus will be similar. For those who own The Long Halloween in other formats, what is the kind of paper used?

Two omnibuses coming out next week that look like they could be fun to read.
    I have not read either, but I would like to know if both or one is good from people who have read the stories.
    I am referring to Loeb and Sales Omnibus and Universe X Alpha Omnibus