View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I really do not know why they go back and fourth between soft and hard cover when it comes to these Batman focused books.
    I look forward to getting the Breyfogle hard cover. I really injoyed those stories when I originally read them and from reading
    other collected material from that era, I am sure they will hold up today.
    Now .... (if D C is listening) my Greg Rucka Detective Comics Omnibus please

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Is anyone else collecting the post-COIE Batman trades that are being released? So far I've got Second Chances and Dark Knight Detective vol.1. Next I'll grab Caped Crusader v1 and DKD v2.

My question is: I'm seeing a Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle v2 coming out in a few months. Since the issues in that aren't too far past what these new trades include, should I pick that up or wait for the next volumes of CC and DKD to cover that same material? Who knows what their plans are for this material, since it's strange they'd cover this era in different types of collections. Wish they'd just omni it all (not to mention all the gaps in those trades I'm having to fill).
    Currently there is a volume 2 solicited for both CC & DKD, theres no end game mentioned although i'm hoping they will get all the way up to the Knightfall saga. The thing about the Breyfogle collection is that they will likely (going by the previous other creator focused hardcovers) skip any issues not done by hime (so far example while Breyfogle drew part 2 of the "Penguin Affair" story its unlikely they will collect parts 1 & 3 except the covers which he did).

I agree that an omni would be good, however DC have mentioned that they plan to collect all the golden, silver & bronze ages in omnibuses first before they start on post-crisis/modern Batman

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I really do not know why they go back and fourth between soft and hard cover when it comes to these Batman focused books.
    I look forward to getting the Breyfogle hard cover. I really injoyed those stories when I originally read them and from reading
    other collected material from that era, I am sure they will hold up today.
    Now .... (if D C is listening) my Greg Rucka Detective Comics Omnibus please
    I love Breyfogle (one of my all time favourite Batman artists) and bought Breyfogle volume 1 to support him after his stroke, I may buy vol 2 but it will depend on how complete it is (e.g. the Penguin Affair example I noted above) vs the CC & DKD collections (although with DC there's always a chance that they also wont be complete either!)

A Batman by Greg Rucka (and a Batman by Paul Dini!) collection would be great!

I stopped following single issues over a year ago
    Past year I have gotten a good deal of trades in hard and soft covers and
    I really have been enjoying them and am 100% happy that I stopped single issue reading
    BUT..................
    I have to express how much the time lap between when a story ends and when it
    gets released in collected form by D C really ............. really (channeling my Sullivan) sucks.
    D C made big to do about Bendis and his Superman and now we are already into a few issues
    of his on going Action and Superman and his mini series has not come out yet and once
    the first arc in Action and Superman end, it will be a few months are more into 2019 before
    they see hard cover collected form.

Anyone already have FINAL CRISIS 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS and can share some pictures? How does the spine look like?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Anyone already have FINAL CRISIS 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS and can share some pictures? How does the spine look like?
    I am really tempted to buy this. I love the original 7-10 issues in the Absolute but I wonder about all the other stories. I am currently re-reading the DC 1,000,000 Omnibus and I am finding it more of a chore than the first time. How about this one. I have loved all the Metal tie-ins, so maybe my taste is suspect, but how are the Final Crisis tie ins?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am really tempted to buy this. I love the original 7-10 issues in the Absolute but I wonder about all the other stories. I am currently re-reading the DC 1,000,000 Omnibus and I am finding it more of a chore than the first time. How about this one. I have loved all the Metal tie-ins, so maybe my taste is suspect, but how are the Final Crisis tie ins?
    Legion of 3 Worlds, Rogues Revenge and Superman Beyond (which is included in the trade anyway) are all great, the rest, not so much. I'm wanting to know the quality of the omni as well. Been thinking of wanting to get it just to have a nice version of Legion of 3 Worlds as it seems like anything else of it is long OOP and I really love George Perez's artwork

RIP Norm Breyfogle. :'(

He drew some of the first Batman comics I ever bought, some issues of Detective Comics featuring the debut of the Corrosive Man. I remember being so into these books when I read them as a kid. They looked straight out of a horror movie or something. I was hooked immediately. Norm was "my" Batman artist from then on.

Last edited by doolittle; 09-26-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Dazed and Confused

Hi, All,

Please, might some kind soul who picked up the Final Crisis 10th Anniversary Omnibus be able to take a photo of the table of contents page or, alternatively, let me know the order of the issues in the book? I'm curious as to what reading order they decided upon for the book.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Currently there is a volume 2 solicited for both CC & DKD, theres no end game mentioned although i'm hoping they will get all the way up to the Knightfall saga. The thing about the Breyfogle collection is that they will likely (going by the previous other creator focused hardcovers) skip any issues not done by hime (so far example while Breyfogle drew part 2 of the "Penguin Affair" story its unlikely they will collect parts 1 & 3 except the covers which he did).

I agree that an omni would be good, however DC have mentioned that they plan to collect all the golden, silver & bronze ages in omnibuses first before they start on post-crisis/modern Batman

I love Breyfogle (one of my all time favourite Batman artists) and bought Breyfogle volume 1 to support him after his stroke, I may buy vol 2 but it will depend on how complete it is (e.g. the Penguin Affair example I noted above) vs the CC & DKD collections (although with DC there's always a chance that they also wont be complete either!)

A Batman by Greg Rucka (and a Batman by Paul Dini!) collection would be great!
    Well I'll continue to pick up the new TPBs, hopefully they have more than a few volumes of each planned out before they switch formats/names/whatever else. Very confusing for the consumer, though. I'm not holding my breath for omnis of this material.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Here's a good shot of it. Pretty slick!

https://twitter.com/thedeluxedition/...94004175507456

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post

Thanks for posting the link. I mostly like it. Just wish that "Tenth Anniversary" were not so prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post

Wow it looks amazing. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Wow it looks amazing. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.
    I really enjoyed Legion of 3 Worlds and Perez's art is a superhuman feat on every page. I just wonder if the stuff I haven't read shows buy in to the event. The best tie in issues of DC 1,000,000 show a real committed attitude to the premise. The Immortal Man, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, those issues just dig in to the idea. Some of the other comics just seem to write off the premise as whack. It's Grant Morrison, you have to factor that in, but guess what? Later, it always makes sense. I never get the Grant Morrison hate.

Spectacular Member

So how is the extra material in the Final Crisis omnibus? worth getting it over the trade? I've never read the story.

Amazing Member

Legion of 3 Worlds is great stuff especially if you enjoyed Infinite Crisis. It's basically Infinite Crisis 2 just now with more Legion