View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Are they including the issues of New Titans? The story doesn't make much sense if they are omitted.
    Good question. The solicit does not mention New Titans, but says it includes "the legendary story."

EB4B48A0-D160-4279-9D9D-8DAD67CA6366.jpg
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Good question. The solicit does not mention New Titans, but says it includes "the legendary story."
    If the number of pages (304) is correct (and judging from what DC has often done in the past), there'll be no Titans. Annual #13 alone has 46 comic pages, leaving 258 pages for 12 Batman issues.
    At least you'd get parts 1, 3 and 5 of this storyline, including the beginning and the ending ...

Incredible Member

So I pre-ordered the American Vampire Omnibus. I do not know much about it beyond it being written by Scott Snyder and that it sounded interesting. Going to give it a shot. Anyone here read the series?

Incredible Member

Was thinking about picking up the Superman: Panic in the Sky trade when I'm at my LCS next week, but just thought I'd double-check with you guys that the material isn't included in the Superman: Exile and Other Stories omnibus-- And if it isn't, which do I read first?

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    So I pre-ordered the American Vampire Omnibus. I do not know much about it beyond it being written by Scott Snyder and that it sounded interesting. Going to give it a shot. Anyone here read the series?
    I had about the first 8 HC’s that we’re released, I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought that it would get the omnibus treatment one day, so I stopped collecting them and sold them in preparation, good decision, I think it will read better in one big chunk too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Was thinking about picking up the Superman: Panic in the Sky trade when I'm at my LCS next week, but just thought I'd double-check with you guys that the material isn't included in the Superman: Exile and Other Stories omnibus-- And if it isn't, which do I read first?
    The omnibus ends 1989 while PitS is from 1992, so first read the omnibus then PitS.

so i have a (random) question.

DC is producing a bunch of silver age omnibuses, green lantern being one of them. volume 1 was released in 2017 and contained showcase 22-24, and green lantern 1-35. volume 2 was released earlier this year, and contained #36-75.

a few months after vol 2 was released, DC put out a green lantern/green arrow: hard traveling heroes deluxe edition, which i believe is a scaled back version of the same absolute edition they released a few years back. this contains #76-87, #89, and the flash back-up features.

my question: should i assume this hard traveling heroes deluxe edition is the de facto volume 3 of their silver age GL omnibus series (even thought it is not, in fact, an omnibus) or do you think DC will put out an actual volume 3 next year covering the exact same material they just released?

the prospect of buying this deluxe edition when a volume 3 may be on its way next year is giving me a shocking amount of anxiety. i'm just not as familiar with DC's collected edition practices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adset; 10-25-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I don't think they'd re-release what is essentially the same book with a different title. "Hard Traveling Heroes" is a well known classic, and will continue to be marketed and reprinted as its own thing, I would think.

If you're worried about a massive double-dip (and I don't blame you), wait it out and see if a GL Silver Age Vol. 3 pops up in the solicitations. Again, "Hard Traveling Heroes" is one you shouldn't have to worry about going out of print for awhile; and if it does, there's always another reprint on the horizon for that one.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    so i have a (random) question.

DC is producing a bunch of silver age omnibuses, green lantern being one of them. volume 1 was released in 2017 and contained showcase 22-24, and green lantern 1-35. volume 2 was released earlier this year, and contained #36-75.

a few months after vol 2 was released, DC put out a green lantern/green arrow: hard traveling heroes deluxe edition, which i believe is a scaled back version of the same absolute edition they released a few years back. this contains #76-87, #89, and the flash back-up features.

my question: should i assume this hard traveling heroes deluxe edition is the de facto volume 3 of their silver age GL omnibus series (even thought it is not, in fact, an omnibus) or do you think DC will put out an actual volume 3 next year covering the exact same material they just released?

the prospect of buying this deluxe edition when a volume 3 may be on its way next year is giving me a shocking amount of anxiety. i'm just not as familiar with DC's collected edition practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

I don't think they'd re-release what is essentially the same book with a different title. "Hard Traveling Heroes" is a well known classic, and will continue to be marketed and reprinted as its own thing, I would think.

If you're worried about a massive double-dip (and I don't blame you), wait it out and see if a GL Silver Age Vol. 3 pops up in the solicitations. Again, "Hard Traveling Heroes" is one you shouldn't have to worry about going out of print for awhile; and if it does, there's always another reprint on the horizon for that one.
    What SJNeal wrote. I would just add that we'll most likely see a Green Lantern Bronze Age Vol. 1 as GL #76 was from 1970 and that's when the Bronze Age moreorless started. The next GL Omnibus will incorporate all of Hard Travelling Heroes and around 20 more issues.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm also just waiting on GL Bronze Age vol.1 Omni
    I did not buy the Hard Traveling Heroes cause I feel certain this book is coming at some point. It may be next year or 3yrs away with a GL movie, I don't know but I can wait it out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What SJNeal wrote. I would just add that we'll most likely see a Green Lantern Bronze Age Vol. 1 as GL #76 was from 1970 and that's when the Bronze Age moreorless started. The next GL Omnibus will incorporate all of Hard Travelling Heroes and around 20 more issues.
    Ah, good point.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    IIRC the Hard Travelling Heroes collection also featured the updated Neal Adams art so its likely the BA omnibus 1 will feature the original art (the Batman: Brave & the Bold Omni featured the original art rather than the updated versions)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Dark Knight Detective Vol 2 came out this week and the contents are as follows:

Detective Comics 583-591
    Detective Comics Annual 1

Who's Who entries:
    Alfred
    Ventriloquist & Scarface
    Ratcatcher
    Poison Ivy

A few things to note

1. These Detective comics issues are also contained in "Batman by Norm Breyfogle Vol 1" but the Annual/Who's Who entries are NOT
    2. The Annual is the first of a 3 part story followed in Green Arrow Annual 1 and Question Annual 1 which are NOT included
    Further to this there is also one extra story in Dark Knight Detective vol 2 that is not in the Breyfogle collections - Detective Comics 589 Bonus Book 5 "For the love of Ivy" written by Lewis Klahr & Steve Piersall

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The omnibus ends 1989 while PitS is from 1992, so first read the omnibus then PitS.
    Nice, thanks.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The "new" cover for the Wonder Woman, Diana Prince: The 50th Anniversary Omnibus has appeared on amazon: