View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    As you said, I think it's out of continuity stories and mature stories. They seem to be reprinting the evergreen titles with the black label, to give the brand some presence and let people know what type of stories it covers.
    I guess that's alright. Ill bite my tongue on further Batman reprint comments...

Just curious, is anyone trading in their old trades for these newer ones? The Shazam by Johns Dlx for example.

And finally, I know it was discussed a while ago, but is anyone going in on tbat Absolute Swamp Thing? Have you changed your opinion on it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    not a hardcover, but i'm legit bummed that DC axed volume 3 of the kyle rayner green lantern series.
    What sucks is how D C keeps dusting off the same collections every year too release again
    while soliciting new collected material like a Impulse Omnibus and than cancel it before
    release date
    Did you actually see the new solicitations? They are so pathetic they had to go out and
    create a new label for the Batman Year One and Batman: Dark Knight Returns and
    everything else they need to dust off so much a rag is no longer needed.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    And finally, I know it was discussed a while ago, but is anyone going in on tbat Absolute Swamp Thing? Have you changed your opinion on it at all?
    I'm going to take the plunge and buy vol. 1; however I won't be selling my existing standard HC's until I have all (presumably) three of the Absolute's in my hands!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm going to take the plunge and buy vol. 1; however I won't be selling my existing standard HC's until I have all (presumably) three of the Absolute's in my hands!
    I just have the TPBs. But you're right, I should hang on to them until I have them all!

I see that there will be an Absolute Dark Knight reprint coming out and, to me, it makes no sense that it doesn't include The Master Race.
    It includes DKR and DK2, and is effectively a reprint of the old one, as opposed to a "new edition".

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I see that there will be an Absolute Dark Knight reprint coming out and, to me, it makes no sense that it doesn't include The Master Race.
    It includes DKR and DK2, and is effectively a reprint of the old one, as opposed to a "new edition".
    It makes perfect business sense.DC will release it separately in Absolute form and customers will buy it.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Same here. I pass on my old collections to my friend's kid whenever I upgrade. But DC has a leisurely pace on collecting material. I'm 99.9% sure Moore's Swamp Thing run will be completely collected in Absolute, but I'm waiting until it's complete.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

IINM, I believe there is some extended sketch work. Also, it's been OOP for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    It makes perfect business sense.DC will release it separately in Absolute form and customers will buy it.
    That's my thinking also. A totally new Absolute for DK3.

Mighty Member

They had discussed a follow-up to Master Race at one point - maybe waiting for part 4 for the Absolute?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Same here. I pass on my old collections to my friend's kid whenever I upgrade. But DC has a leisurely pace on collecting material. I'm 99.9% sure Moore's Swamp Thing run will be completely collected in Absolute, but I'm waiting until it's complete.
    Yeah, this one is a pretty safe bet. Its long over due, and honestly its my preference over an Omni in this instance.

What do you guys think would be the best way for me to collect Morrison’s Invisibles? The deluxe hardcovers are OOP and I’m not going to hunt for them. The omnibus is still in print and they’ve just finished releasing 4 big trades.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    What sucks is how D C keeps dusting off the same collections every year too release again
    while soliciting new collected material like a Impulse Omnibus and than cancel it before
    release date
    Did you actually see the new solicitations? They are so pathetic they had to go out and
    create a new label for the Batman Year One and Batman: Dark Knight Returns and
    everything else they need to dust off so much a rag is no longer needed.
    At least Impulse lives on in a trade form unless they cancel that too.

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson2099 View Post
    What do you guys think would be the best way for me to collect Morrison’s Invisibles? The deluxe hardcovers are OOP and I’m not going to hunt for them. The omnibus is still in print and they’ve just finished releasing 4 big trades.
    I'm a little hesitant to recommend omni's that are Doom Patrol sized,I dont think the spines hold up and they are a little awkward. It's still the version I would buy, because I can't help myself and I'd pick the OHC version.

From reviews, the book seems perfectly fine on a gutter loss and quality bases. So really it's about whether you like big omni's or smaller, but comfortable TPB's.

Incredible Member

My copy of Batman Golden Age Omnibus 6 arrived early and according to the back cover it contains:

Detective Comics 133-153
    Batman 46-55
    Worlds Finest 33-42

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:09 PM.