View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DC's Omnibus and Absolute sales (new releases) for November 2018:

90. Absolute Transmetropolitan Vol. 3 - 858
    129. Wonder Woman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3 - 659
    For those of us new to collecting, what do normal/healthy sales numbers look like for DC Omnibus releases? Any way to know how many copies they print per run on a title? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Does anybody knows if Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 1 is out of print?
    I just find this book being sold at quite expensive price.
    Same here. Got lucky and put out word I was looking for that particular book and a guy hooked me up with a lcs in Texas that had one for cover.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Does anybody knows if Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 1 is out of print?
    I just find this book being sold at quite expensive price.
    Yes, it's been OOP for a year or so now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    For those of us new to collecting, what do normal/healthy sales numbers look like for DC Omnibus releases? Any way to know how many copies they print per run on a title? Thanks!
    659 is a decent figure for a Golden Age Omnibus. DC's Omnibuses don't sell as many copies as Marvel Omnibuses. I would say anything from 600 upwards is generally an OK figure for a DC Omnibus. The bigger sellers are usually Batman or Krby related.

659 is a decent figure for a Golden Age Omnibus. DC's Omnibuses don't sell as many copies as Marvel Omnibuses. I would say anything from 600 upwards is generally an OK figure for a DC Omnibus. The bigger sellers are usually Batman or Krby related.
    Thanks for that. Out of curiosity, what do Marvel numbers look like?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Thanks for that. Out of curiosity, what do Marvel numbers look like?
    A big (important) X-Men omni will do ~1500, give or take. It's pretty dependent on the property, whether the omni fills a hole in a run, etc.

X-Men Mutant Massacre Omnibus - 1,417
    Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus - 1,341
    Marvel Knights by Joe Quesada Omnibus - 677
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Thanks! Good to know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Same here. Got lucky and put out word I was looking for that particular book and a guy hooked me up with a lcs in Texas that had one for cover.
    Yes, it's been OOP for a year or so now.
    Thank you to both.
    Did not knew that.I was looking forward to get this Graphic Novel.
    Considerating that it is a Batman Graphic Novel i hope that DC will reprint this book soon.Because is one of the Batman Graphic Novels i was looking forward the most to get.

Spectacular Member

Thank you to both.
    Did not knew that.I was looking forward to get this Graphic Novel.
    Considerating that it is a Batman Graphic Novel i hope that DC will reprint this book soon.Because is one of the Batman Graphic Novels i was looking forward the most to get.
    I've never seen DC reprinting any of the Legends of the Dark Knight or Tales of the Batman hardcovers, so I wouldn't count on that. These aren't exactly Graphic Novels (like Year One or Long Halloween), but Anthologies.
    I recently had to pay around 100 Euros, too, to get a copy of Breyfogle Vol. 1
    However, there are also the Caped Crusader and Dark Knight Detective TPB's that will probably reprint the complete content of this book, so you can always just get these instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    I've never seen DC reprinting any of the Legends of the Dark Knight or Tales of the Batman hardcovers, so I wouldn't count on that. These aren't exactly Graphic Novels (like Year One or Long Halloween), but Anthologies.
    I recently had to pay around 100 Euros, too, to get a copy of Breyfogle Vol. 1
    However, there are also the Caped Crusader and Dark Knight Detective TPB's that will probably reprint the complete content of this book, so you can always just get these instead.
    Thank you for the info.Apreciated.
    I just assumed that Anthologies would be reprinted as Graphic Novels as Long Halloween.
    And looking at the comics collected in the Dark Knight Detective TPB Vol 1 and 2 the next volume will actually collect the comic books i wanted from Breyfogle Vol 1.So i will be just getting the Dark Knight Detective TPBīs instead and wait for the third volume to be published.Cool that the Batman comic books i wanted are in those TPB collections.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't know what is worse............... a book getting cancelled or IST not taking it off there coming soon solicits
    I think IST needs an entire site overhaul anyway. Its not baf ,but there are a lot of things like that, that really bother me. But...50% off...

Regarding the upcoming Blackest Night Omni... should I bother with it if I have the Green Lantern Omnis? I think the main thrust of the story is already in the GL books, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think IST needs an entire site overhaul anyway. Its not baf ,but there are a lot of things like that, that really bother me. But...50% off...
    And than there is the Wonder Woman: Diana Prince 50th Anniversary Omnibus that they solicited for the first week in December.
    The actual release date will be Tuesday December 18th and it will for sure be part of there new release solicits on that day........
    but for now they only way to know they even solicited it I if you happened to safe it in your wish list and retained it (which I did)

There are plenty of Omnibuses coming out Tuesday/Wednesday from D C - Before Watchmen, Silver Age Flash vol.1, Super Sons, and Diana Prince

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Regarding the upcoming Blackest Night Omni... should I bother with it if I have the Green Lantern Omnis? I think the main thrust of the story is already in the GL books, no?
    Yes. The tie-ins were fine but more in the "pick up the tpb's for 5 bucks at a convention" way rather than a nice oversized hardcover.

Anyone else get Superman by Mark Millar book that came out recently? I got it as a blind buy and it comes with a DC 1 million piece. ANy thoughts?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Anyone else get Superman by Mark Millar book that came out recently? I got it as a blind buy and it comes with a DC 1 million piece. ANy thoughts?
    I've wanted to get it, but I heard that while it includes most of his Superman Adventures stuff, it misses out on a few key stories? I'd like to get all of those, but trying to avoid doubling up if I get the SA trades by themselves... Not sure. I guess it depends on the strength of the other material.