View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 116 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 16661061121131141151161171181191201261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 21663

Just got internet connection at my new place and the first thing I saw on this forum is the Filth deluxe edition solicitation! Awesome way to end this day!

I know we're all pretty excited about the new catalog, but can anyone share his impressions on the Brightest Day Omnibus? Did we get lucky and DC printed the book in Canada? Oh, and some pics would be awesome. Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I know we're all pretty excited about the new catalog, but can anyone share his impressions on the Brightest Day Omnibus? Did we get lucky and DC printed the book in Canada? Oh, and some pics would be awesome. Thanks!
    Shipping August 26th for me from amazon along with my The Star Wars Limited Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Shipping August 26th for me from amazon along with my The Star Wars Limited Edition!
    Yeah, mine too... That's why I wanted to check some pictures out now. I'll be buying many and very expensive books on September, so I'm a little on the fence about this one.

Looks like DC put zero effort in their latest Omnibus by using the same generic hardcover material

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    Looks like DC put zero effort in their latest Omnibus by using the same generic hardcover material

Oh, that doesn't look very good. What's the binding like? Same old same old? BTW, thanks for the pic!

I've sold my JSA tpb-s when the omnibus was announced but these black cardboard mousetraps makes me so angry, I consider rebuying the trades (the only problem is that some of them like Virtue and vice are oop IIRC).
    I wasn't too crazy about Brightest day but I would buy a quality omni of that story, but not this ...

Incredible Member

I'm also trying to figure this Green Lantern Omnibus Situation out here.. I have the run in trade, except for Brightest Day. Then the hardcovers for new 52. I'll have to keep my "Tales of The Sinestro Corps." trade because they aren't all in the first Omnibus. Now for the second Omnibus, the website lists this as the contents..

Collects Green Lantern 26-52, Blackest Night 0-7, DC Universe 0, Untold Tales of Blackest Night 1-2, Blackest Night Tales of the Corps 1-2

Now looking at this. This collects up to the Green Lantern issues in the Blackest Night: Green Lantern trade. Meaning 53+ are going to be in volume 3 to help pad that out. But 53 to 62 are in the Brightest Day: Green Lantern trade. Which I guess explains why it's not in the Brightest Day Omnibus. The rest of the contents all seem to be related to Blackest Night.. Which is nowhere near complete in this Volume 2 Omnibus. Untold Tales of Blackest Night 1-2 I don't know which trade those are in, DC Universe 0, I don't think is in any of the Blackest Night Trades, and Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps, are only 2 of 3 issues of that mini series..

There's still 4 trades worth of stuff that won't be included from the Blackest Night event. That's BN: Green Lantern Corps(which you can argue doesn't NEED to be in here), Black Lantern Corps Volumes 1 and 2, and Rise of The Black Lanterns. The BN: Tales of the Corps trade has BN: Tales of The Corps 1-3, GL 49 and AC 4-5, but only 2 of those issues are making it in.

This leaves for Volume 3, since there's a Brightest Day Omnibus out, Green Lantern issues 53-67, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights issues 1-11 and the New 52 issues 0-20 and whatever annuals there was. So all in all, it should be fine for the most part, hoping they have all of the War of The Green Lanterns and other New 52 mini lantern events in volume 3 collected properly!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Oh, that doesn't look very good. What's the binding like? Same old same old? BTW, thanks for the pic!
    Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've sold my JSA tpb-s when the omnibus was announced but these black cardboard mousetraps makes me so angry, I consider rebuying the trades (the only problem is that some of them like Virtue and vice are oop IIRC).
    I wasn't too crazy about Brightest day but I would buy a quality omni of that story, but not this ...
    I was about to get the original three volume hardcovers but waited for this. Bad mistake!

Here you go

[IMG]http://d.pr/i/vu4a+[IMG]
    So that looks like pretty good binding, much better than those printed pretty hardcovers. I mean those look nice, but are so damn stiff. I prefer these black ones since they're more flexible, but DC should still take a look at how Dark Horse and Humanoids puts together books.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 08-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.

I was about to get the original three volume hardcovers but waited for this. Bad mistake!
    Well, at least the paper quality seems good. It just boggles the mind, that they use quality paper then they glue it together with this ugly piece of cardboard.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Same, I want rid of my 52 Omnibus in favour of the trades but some of those are out of print. Makes me not want to read the book when I have to hold it and peer into the gutter. Such a shame DC are going to ruin the Green Lantern Omnibus volumes, shame they can't just use the same binder that Marvel, Dark Horse or anybody else uses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I'm also trying to figure this Green Lantern Omnibus Situation out here.. I have the run in trade, except for Brightest Day. Then the hardcovers for new 52. I'll have to keep my "Tales of The Sinestro Corps." trade because they aren't all in the first Omnibus. Now for the second Omnibus, the website lists this as the contents..

Collects Green Lantern 26-52, Blackest Night 0-7, DC Universe 0, Untold Tales of Blackest Night 1-2, Blackest Night Tales of the Corps 1-2

Now looking at this. This collects up to the Green Lantern issues in the Blackest Night: Green Lantern trade. Meaning 53+ are going to be in volume 3 to help pad that out. But 53 to 62 are in the Brightest Day: Green Lantern trade. Which I guess explains why it's not in the Brightest Day Omnibus. The rest of the contents all seem to be related to Blackest Night.. Which is nowhere near complete in this Volume 2 Omnibus. Untold Tales of Blackest Night 1-2 I don't know which trade those are in, DC Universe 0, I don't think is in any of the Blackest Night Trades, and Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps, are only 2 of 3 issues of that mini series..

There's still 4 trades worth of stuff that won't be included from the Blackest Night event. That's BN: Green Lantern Corps(which you can argue doesn't NEED to be in here), Black Lantern Corps Volumes 1 and 2, and Rise of The Black Lanterns. The BN: Tales of the Corps trade has BN: Tales of The Corps 1-3, GL 49 and AC 4-5, but only 2 of those issues are making it in.

This leaves for Volume 3, since there's a Brightest Day Omnibus out, Green Lantern issues 53-67, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights issues 1-11 and the New 52 issues 0-20 and whatever annuals there was. So all in all, it should be fine for the most part, hoping they have all of the War of The Green Lanterns and other New 52 mini lantern events in volume 3 collected properly!
    Why would you include Emerald Knights in the third book? In my opinion, the third Omnibus should include: Green Lantern #53-67, the tie-ins to War of the Green Lanterns (which had a story that really continued from book to book) and the New 52 Green Lantern #0-20. If I remember correctly, the Wrath of the First Lantern tie-ins needn't be included, since they just showed Volthoon messing around with the other Lanterns.

aleksivic, that binding looks a little bit looser than usual or is it just me?

Oh man all these upcoming titles. I'm really going to have to chronically cut down what I get. I just don't have the room or time. I'm going have to stick to stuff I really, really want, and core characters I collect.