View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

JUSTICE LEAGUE BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST OHC DELUXE EDITION Cover by PAUL PELLETIER and CAM SMITH:

THE FLASH/GREEN LANTERN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD OHC DELUXE EDITION Cover by BARRY KITSON:

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS: THE REBIRTH OHC DELUXE EDITION BOOK FOUR Cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA:

I plan on picking up the Zero Hour Omnibus and most probably the Flash/GL Brave & the Bold Deluxe.

Can anyone comment and share their thoughts on the Batman Eternal #1-52 run? I initially picked up the first few issues when they came out but didn't go any further.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I plan on picking up the Zero Hour Omnibus and most probably the Flash/GL Brave & the Bold Deluxe.

Can anyone comment and share their thoughts on the Batman Eternal #1-52 run? I initially picked up the first few issues when they came out but didn't go any further.
    It's . . . fine? There wasn't really 52 issues of plot and the pacing was a bit off. As with any weekly series, the art can be hit or miss. On the other hand, and this holds for B&R Eternal, too, if you're a fan of the bat-family and seeing them interact, there are a lot of nice moments. The highs aren't too high, but the lows aren't too low. I don't regret buying or reading it by any means, but it's not something I'm itching to get back to soon.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The second volume of Caped Crusader will be released on February 19th.
    Thank you for the info.I did not knew that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Your assessment is accurate - no rose colored glasses needed.

I fully admit the only reason I'm buying it is for nostalgia's sake; that and there are some legitimately good issues in there that are highly unlikely to see reprint anywhere else. If they did a second volume with all of the actual 0 issues that followed, I'd probably pick that up too...
    I figured as much. I don't have enough space to keep making "nostalgia" purchases, and admittedly am not a big fan of that era of DC, but I've been surprised before. Probably a pass for me then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    FWIW I enjoyed it and would recommend it if you're a fan of Tynion's 'Tec run, or something similar. It focuses a lot on the "family" and has some entertaining stuff with Catwoman as well. The only thing that fell a bit flat were some of the "red herrings". The whole of the series sort of reads like a murder mystery, and you kind of knew there was gonna be a twist or reveal when things were seemingly solved, as there was still X amount of weeks left or whatever. As these weekly series go, I consider it a high point.
    Last edited by awayne83; 12-21-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It's . . . fine? There wasn't really 52 issues of plot and the pacing was a bit off. As with any weekly series, the art can be hit or miss. On the other hand, and this holds for B&R Eternal, too, if you're a fan of the bat-family and seeing them interact, there are a lot of nice moments. The highs aren't too high, but the lows aren't too low. I don't regret buying or reading it by any means, but it's not something I'm itching to get back to soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    FWIW I enjoyed it and would recommend it if you're a fan of Tynion's 'Tec run, or something similar. It focuses a lot on the "family" and has some entertaining stuff with Catwoman as well. The only thing that fell a bit flat were some of the "red herrings". The whole of the series sort of reads like a murder mystery, and you kind of knew there was gonna be a twist or reveal when things were seemingly solved, as there was still X amount of weeks left or whatever. As these weekly series go, I consider it a high point.
    Thanks for the replies fellas! Appreciate it. Still iffy on it, but I'll probably end up picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    In for Batman and the Outsiders. Doubt they'll ever pack them all into a big Omnibus so I picked up the first 2 hc's earlier this year.
    I have volume one and will for sure be getting volume two soon. I fully enjoyed reading the series during the original floppy releases and found volume one to be
    good. I guess my only concern is what if D C releases it as an omnibus. It almost feels like they discussed it and realized they could put out three hard covers and
    than an omnibus and get good sales.

I've been enjoying Golden Age Batman volume 6. There are some notable firsts for Batman in this collection. The 10th anniversary story revisits Batman's origin and has Bruce find and confront Joe Chill, his parents' killer. Vicki Vale makes her first appearance in the same story that introduces the Mad Hatter (I always thought she appeared much later). The Riddler debuts and makes a return appearance for what are his only two Golden Age stories. And Harvey Kent is now Harvey Dent in Batman #50. There's some really enjoyable material here.

Spectacular Member

I just had my copy of the Super Sons Omnibus delivered. This is my first DC omnibus! I was half expecting it to the have the Rebirth OHC design on the spine, alas it does not. I really like the quality of the paper used, much better than what Marvel has been using in their recent omnibuses.

Amazing Member

Unboxed my Absolute Year One, wow these absolute editions are pricey but it really feels like a premium product.

I was disappointed to find a few pages glued together (top corners) at the beginning of one of the books though.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

So whats the scoop with the DC Modern Classics line? Is it just the regular hardcover in a slipcase?
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    So whats the scoop with the DC Modern Classics line? Is it just the regular hardcover in a slipcase?
    Seems like. I don't think there's been one published yet, so it's hard to be certain. The first one is Watchmen, in March. Which has also been co-opted into the Black Label branding too.