View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

^Probably won't be buying this, but love the design!

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Halfway through that atm, and so far the weakest Johns run by a mile. Apart from it being ridiculously decompressed it all seems to be a poor man‘s version of his Hawkman (misunderstood hero with slight anger management and relationship issues being confronted with constant ridicule; plus there‘re Johns‘ trademark ethical questions issues).
    I was very disappointed by his run. I was hoping for and expecting him to run wild with the blank slate of Aquaman's world in a manner similar to Green Lantern. Instead it just kind of existed.
    Miller was right.

With Throne of Atlantis things pick up a bit. I‘ll see how the rest goes.

Re: He-Man
    That looks awesome. Does anyone have an opinion on the content story-wise? Abnett and Giffen seems to suggest at least solid writing.

Is there a way to know when a collected edition is going oop? I don't have a specific book in mind, just in general.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Is there a way to know when a collected edition is going oop? I don't have a specific book in mind, just in general.
    Not really, you just gotta keep an eye on the ones you want. When online retailer prices start to creep up, that's usually a good indicator that supply is low at the publisher.

You can always check the first page of this thread as well. Our posters do a great job of tracking such things and updating that page when necessary.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Not really, you just gotta keep an eye on the ones you want. When online retailer prices start to creep up, that's usually a good indicator that supply is low at the publisher.

You can always check the first page of this thread as well. Our posters do a great job of tracking such things and updating that page when necessary.
    Thanks for the info! I do save the ones I might want/plan to get, so I'll keep an eye on them then!

The first page looks like it's mostly 2014-2015 updates. Did I miss something?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

SJNeal is right, its a good idea to keep an amazon wishlist of the GN's you are interested in so you can see when prices start going up as the stocks start to go low

The Marvel Masterworks board also has a thread about collected editions going OOP which is pretty up to date https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ab-t22734.html

I read on another forum that DC is making cuts to staff and canceling some of the TPB's. There was also alleged inside info that while the GA Omnibus line is safe for now there would not be a reprint of GA Superman Vol. 1. This is high on my list as I have 2-5 but I can't bring myself to pay $200-500 for it on the secondary market. Having sold through 2 printings, I can just hold out hope that they change their minds at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I read on another forum that DC is making cuts to staff and canceling some of the TPB's. There was also alleged inside info that while the GA Omnibus line is safe for now there would not be a reprint of GA Superman Vol. 1. This is high on my list as I have 2-5 but I can't bring myself to pay $200-500 for it on the secondary market. Having sold through 2 printings, I can just hold out hope that they change their minds at some point.
    Forgive the snark, but that part isn't exactly news.

On a different, more sincere note, having once nearly been made redundant, my sympathies are with those whose jobs are at risk. I hope things work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Forgive the snark, but that part isn't exactly news.

On a different, more sincere note, having once nearly been made redundant, my sympathies are with those whose jobs are at risk. I hope things work out for them.
    Snark accepted! I've been back into collecting less than a year so I'm on the lower slope of the curve. Agreed on those who are losing their jobs finding new employment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Anyone else who preorders on amazon.co.uk, noticed that the most recently DC Omnibus’s aren’t available to preorder, despite them being up for a couple of months and only 5 months before they’re due to be released.
    The Joker Omnibus and The Blackest Night 10 year anniversary Omnibus are the two I’m after and what’s odd is, that they’ve been available to preorder on amazon.com for quite a while.
    Seems very strange that they’re not available to preorder yet in the UK.
    Amazon UK have today finally listed The Blackest Night 10th anniversary omni and a few others, however the Joker omni is still not listed for sale annoyingly! (hopefully it will be on there soon)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Amazon UK have today finally listed The Blackest Night 10th anniversary omni and a few others, however the Joker omni is still not listed for sale annoyingly! (hopefully it will be on there soon)
    Yes seen it come up, I’ve preordered it but am hoping about a third of the £120 gets knocked off the price.
    Can’t understand why The Joker hasn’t come up for preorder, there seems to be a problem with all the DC Omnibus and Absolute’s for some reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Yes seen it come up, I’ve preordered it but am hoping about a third of the £120 gets knocked off the price.
    Can’t understand why The Joker hasn’t come up for preorder, there seems to be a problem with all the DC Omnibus and Absolute’s for some reason.
    Joker omnibus has finally gone up for pre-order (currently at 76.52)!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Joker omnibus has finally gone up for pre-order (currently at 76.52)!
    Thanks for that

I don't know if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me the difference between the Grayson: the Superspy omnibus and the Grayson by Tom King omnibus, which according to Amazon comes out on August 27?

I want to buy this book, but I don't now if I should wait until August for a better version?