View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me the difference between the Grayson: the Superspy omnibus and the Grayson by Tom King omnibus, which according to Amazon comes out on August 27?

I want to buy this book, but I don't now if I should wait until August for a better version?
    It seems to be a reprint is all. Don't know if I would call it the "better version" or not, but merely a reprint. I could be wrong, but it seems exactly the same. I guess they're trying to capitalize on King's superstar status right now

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It seems to be a reprint is all. Don't know if I would call it the "better version" or not, but merely a reprint. I could be wrong, but it seems exactly the same. I guess they're trying to capitalize on King's superstar status right now
    If it's a reprint but called Grayson by Tom king then it's pretty unfair to Tim Seeley and the two other guys who finished off the run.
    But if it's not a reprint I can't imagine what else they could add to it other than the full robin wars event.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If it's a reprint but called Grayson by Tom king then it's pretty unfair to Tim Seeley and the two other guys who finished off the run.
    But if it's not a reprint I can't imagine what else they could add to it other than the full robin wars event.
    100% agree. But that has never stopped advertising before. Contents seem to be exactly the same between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    That is pretty terrible. Just because King is a big name currently.

Terrible is D C releasing Kings Miracle Man in trade paperback first
    and not a hard cover deluxe or better

So apparently DC canceled the Batgirl of Burnside Omnibus

I know DC cancels quite a bit of their books but this is the first time it has been one I planned on purchasing.

Seems like an odd choice as I remember it being a popular title.

Mighty Member

^That sucks. DCs solicit game is growing tiresome

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So apparently DC canceled the Batgirl of Burnside Omnibus

I know DC cancels quite a bit of their books but this is the first time it has been one I planned on purchasing.

Seems like an odd choice as I remember it being a popular title.
    I recall it being popular because of all the commotion, not so much the content. Granted I never read it, but I never heard anything about the plot itself other than a few choice lines that were later edited in the trades.

Here's what Previews list as being cancelled by DC so far in 2019:

ADAM STRANGE THE SILVER AGE TP VOL 01
    BATMAN SHAMAN TP
    DETECTIVE COMICS BEFORE BATMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 1 & 2
    GREEN LANTERN KYLE RAYNER TP VOL 03
    SHAZAM POWER OF HOPE HC
    SLEEPER TP BOOK 02
    WONDER WOMAN SPIRIT OF TRUTH HC
    SUPERMAN BATMAN TP VOL 07

And now we can add the Hush Omnibus, the Burnside Omnibus, and the Absolute Dark Knight reprint as well.

That's 11 books so far, and we're only 6 weeks into the year. I realise that DC needs to make a profit and at least one of those cancellations isn't for financial reasons, but they're looking like amateurs at this point. Surely they have people who can make reasonable sales estimates before they solicit books?

Personally, at this point, when it comes to a series of books, I'm holding off on buying anything until the last volume has been printed, starting with the Lucifer Omnibus series. I realise that this doesn't necessarily help DC, but getting only part of the story doesn't help me. And I'm getting tired of looking at orphaned books on my shelves.

#Rantover
    Last edited by Brian; 02-07-2019 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Absolutely wrong :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

BATMAN SHAMAN TP
    SHAZAM POWER OF HOPE HC
    SLEEPER TP BOOK 02

And now we can add the Hush Omnibus, the Burnside Omnibus, and the Absolute Year One reprint as well.

That's 11 books so far, and we're only 6 weeks into the year. I realise that DC needs to make a profit and at least one of those cancellations isn't for financial reasons, but they're looking like amateurs at this point. Surely they have people who can make reasonable sales estimates before they solicit books?

Personally, at this point, when it comes to a series of books, I'm holding off on buying anything until the last volume has been printed, starting with the Lucifer Omnibus series. I realise that this doesn't necessarily help DC, but getting only part of the story doesn't help me. And I'm getting tired of looking at orphaned books on my shelves.

#Rantover
    Well crap. I was looking forward to more Kyle and Shazam.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

And now we can add the Hush Omnibus, the Burnside Omnibus, and the Absolute Year One reprint as well.
    It's actually the Dark Knight Absolute reprint that's being cancelled.

BATMAN SHAMAN TP
    SHAZAM POWER OF HOPE HC
    SLEEPER TP BOOK 02

#Rantover
    Even going in pretty much knowing that it'd get canceled before being completed, I'm still sad about vol. 3 of Kyle's run getting cancelled. Was at least hoping to get to the GL/GA crossover and Hal's funeral (Final Night reprint please?), which probably would've been in vol. 4. I'll probably end up re-reading the series in digital at this point.

Also, wasn't that Superman/Batman TP the very last in that series? That's so much worse if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    It's actually the Dark Knight Absolute reprint that's being cancelled.
    Doh! This is what I get for ranting early in the morning. Thanks!

Looking forward to the Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman Omnibus this month.
    I loved his run on the book.