View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    What would be, in your opinion, the best option to get Neal Adams' work on Batman? The old standard trim hardcovers, the paperbacks or the omnibus?
    I was waiting to see a consecutive collected edition without non-Adams gaps, but I might as well just jump into what's been published as of now, I'm pretty sure my local comic shop has all the above options available.
    Personally I have avoided getting the Adam's TPB & Omnibus simply because he went back and redid all the artwork (with the only recent release of his original art being the Batman: The Brave & The Bold Omnibus 1)

Incredible Member

For those wondering about this weeks release of Batman: The Caped Crusader vol 2 it contains Batman 432-439 & 443-44 and Annual 13 (meaning that it skips the "Lonely Place of Dying issues including the Teen Titans crossover issues)

It also contains Who's Who for
    Batman
    Robin (Dick Grayson)
    Robin (Jason Todd)
    Alfred
    Commissioner Gordon
    Barbara Gordon
    Vicki Vale

What would be, in your opinion, the best option to get Neal Adams' work on Batman? The old standard trim hardcovers, the paperbacks or the omnibus?
    I was waiting to see a consecutive collected edition without non-Adams gaps, but I might as well just jump into what's been published as of now, I'm pretty sure my local comic shop has all the above options available.
    The standard hcs feel so nice, the paper is not shiny but the books themselves just feel really well put together. I've decided to sell them (not because of the content, I'm just simply downsizing like crazy) so not sure about the recolouring but it looked pretty good when I flipped through (saying that, I'm not a big fan of Adams although I absolutely respect his role in comicbook history).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Omnibus has been OOP for some time now.

Amazing Member

I thought the 3-volume set of Adams was fine. I'm in the minority here, but I've said before that the recoloring didn't bother me at all and I actually liked the more sophisticated palette. To me, it enhanced the atmosphere of the stories. It can be a bit disjointed as many of DC's artist-focused trades tend to be, but the Ra's and Man-Bat arcs are just divine, so really liked having nice copies of those storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    For those wondering about this weeks release of Batman: The Caped Crusader vol 2 it contains Batman 432-439 & 443-44 and Annual 13 (meaning that it skips the "Lonely Place of Dying issues including the Teen Titans crossover issues)

It also contains Who's Who for
    Batman
    Robin (Dick Grayson)
    Robin (Jason Todd)
    Alfred
    Commissioner Gordon
    Barbara Gordon
    Vicki Vale
    Wait, didn't the description say Lonely Place of Dying would be included? I like these books but I have to buy 2 books at once to get the full issues. Still need to buy the last release + A Death in the Family, which I read back when they were released but I don't have a copy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Omnibus has been OOP for some time now.
    They still have it at the store for a tiny bit below list price. Guess it wasn't super popular here.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The standard hcs feel so nice, the paper is not shiny but the books themselves just feel really well put together. I've decided to sell them (not because of the content, I'm just simply downsizing like crazy) so not sure about the recolouring but it looked pretty good when I flipped through (saying that, I'm not a big fan of Adams although I absolutely respect his role in comicbook history).
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    I thought the 3-volume set of Adams was fine. I'm in the minority here, but I've said before that the recoloring didn't bother me at all and I actually liked the more sophisticated palette. To me, it enhanced the atmosphere of the stories. It can be a bit disjointed as many of DC's artist-focused trades tend to be, but the Ra's and Man-Bat arcs are just divine, so really liked having nice copies of those storylines.
    Thanks for the replies. I'll see if they can give me a discount for the volume set. If not, I'll get the omnibus since the content is the same anyways.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Wait, didn't the description say Lonely Place of Dying would be included? I like these books but I have to buy 2 books at once to get the full issues. Still need to buy the last release + A Death in the Family, which I read back when they were released but I don't have a copy now.
    While I wouldn't have minded the double dip, at least you can get both stories in the most recent edition of "A Death In The Family".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Have the following received oversized hardcover releases or any inkling of an oversized hc release in the future?

DK III
    Batman White Knight
    Ellis' The Wildstorm (and any titles related to it)

Very disappointed with DC cancelling Absolute Swamp Thing was so looking forward to it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Very disappointed with DC cancelling Absolute Swamp Thing was so looking forward to it.
    Tell me that's not true.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    Tell me that's not true.
    No, it's apparently true if Bleeding Cool is accurate. It's one of the few things in DC's library that actually deserves the Absolute treatment. Oh well. Maybe it's time to stop buying these things anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    Tell me that's not true.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ans-omnibus-4/

Maybe they're going to swap Swamp Thing in Absolute for an omnibus instead?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

In the MMW forums they‘re putting their faith in the sentence “At least these Big Books having their orders cancelled will be resolicited” from the article. But to me the whole article is kind of ambiguously phrased.