View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Any idea what the Crisis boxset will include?

Also, DC cancelled Batman Shaman too...
    What a shame This should've been the start of reprinting the complete LotDK series in paperbacks. We have paperbacks for post-crisis Batman and Detective Comics and for Shadow of the Bat, so when will we see LotDK?

Spectacular Member

The Deluxe Editions of COIE and both Companion releases? That would be 1500 pages.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The Deluxe Editions of COIE and both Companion releases? That would be 1500 pages.
    A 500$ boxset could be up to 5000 pages, like the Infinity Gauntlet one for example.

Maybe Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis?

Mighty Member

Also, DC cancelled Batman Shaman too...
    The only thing that could get me to buy it would be if it had all 7 Crises in lovely OHC (COIE, ZH, IC, FC, Convergence, Flashpoint, Metal) with tons and tons of extras.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    The only thing that could get me to buy it would be if it had all 7 Crises in lovely OHC (COIE, ZH, IC, FC, Convergence, Flashpoint, Metal) with tons and tons of extras.
    Wrong number Batman claims 11 Crisis and Superman says it is actually 12

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Wrong number Batman claims 11 Crisis and Superman says it is actually 12
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-multiverse-continuity-crisis/
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC's January 2019 sales for new Omnibuses/Absolutes:

89. House of Mystery: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 893
    99. Absolute Flashpoint HC - 810

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That House of Mystery Omni is a solid number!
    I really thought it might sell around half that, 500 units in a best case scenario.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Some of the Essential and Black Label books are still in print as regular editions, so there's no big loss there. The Black Glove saga book surprises me, considering they literally just solicited it and wouldn't have initial orders in yet, never mind final orders. But I think the Batman & Son fat trade is still in print, so that covers most of those contents anyway.

Aquaman by Peter David is disappointing, and leaves yet another series orphaned on my shelf. Maybe they should all form a team with Cassandra Cain...

Odd to see another Modern Classics book cancelled as well. That line was supposed to kick off last November, but nothing's been released yet. Watchmen is due out in a few weeks, and is probably safe, but the next book after that is All-Star Superman in October. And that just had a Black Label edition released, so who knows if it will actually see print.

All in all, you really have to wonder if DC knows what it's doing with its collected editions.
    PAD's Aquaman deserved better, like so many others. Tbis really bums me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    With Aquaman being DC's highest grossing movie, you'd think they'd want to have plenty of trades on offer.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    With Aquaman being DC's highest grossing movie, you'd think they'd want to have plenty of trades on offer.
    Yes, I find the PAD Aquaman cancellation very strange. We should be seeing a lot more Aquaman material being published due to the film's success and the eventual sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I find the PAD Aquaman cancellation very strange. We should be seeing a lot more Aquaman material being published due to the film's success and the eventual sequel.
    We got a ton of amazing Wonder Woman trades after the film, and still going strong! Why does Aquaman not translate? Especially because well, Mamoa's Aquaman (at least in appearance) is based on PAD's run!

I'm to the point where I'm going to have an entire shelf of abandoned DC trade lines. PAD Aquaman, Azrael, Ostrander's Spectre...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm super not happy about PAD's Aquaman Book Three getting the axe! Hopefully it pops up again later.

Also bummed about Justice League: Zero Hour, even though there were only about 5 of us who were going to buy it...
    Dang it. I'm one of those idiots that was excited about that omni, even though I just bought the HC a few months ago.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

All these cancellations are really disappointing, but I have to imagine many will be resolicited, especially the Essential line. I have much less hope for most of the 90's material that I love so much. I assume that a lot of other volumes will not be continuing, like Superman Blue (and further installments of omnibuses after Exile), Superman Adventures, Batman and Robin Adventures, Kesel and Grummet's Superboy, and so on...