View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thanks to the recent conversations and solicitations, I think I'm buying the Authority omni, Planetary omni, Animal Man omni, Injustice Gods Among Us omni, Lucifer omni and Batman Eternal omni O_O

I'll need to figure out how to budget those over time.
    Budget? You mean you guys don't just throw all this on a credit card and forget about it?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I certainly am, but I'm weary that even if this omni comes out, vol. 2 won't get printed.

I think this hadn't been mentioned here:

Y: THE LAST MAN OMNIBUS HC
    written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
    art by PIA GUERRA, JOSE MARZAN JR., GORAN PARLOV, PAUL CHADWICK and GORAN SUDZUKA
    cover by J.G. JONES
    The entire Eisner Award-winning 60-issue run of Y: THE LAST MAN is collected in a single omnibus edition! This is the saga of Yorick Brown, the only survivor of a plague that kills every mammal with a Y chromosome. Accompanied by his pet monkey, Ampersand, a mysterious government agent and a brilliant young geneticist, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he’s the last man on earth.
    ON SALE 12.11.19
    $150.00 US | 1,440 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-9815-9

Nice to see some more Oversized Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I certainly am, but I'm weary that even if this omni comes out, vol. 2 won't get printed.
    Yeah. I don't understand there policy. But I also hope that if this is a success they do an Unwritten omnibus?

Thanks to the recent conversations and solicitations, I think I'm buying the Authority omni, Planetary omni, Animal Man omni, Injustice Gods Among Us omni, Lucifer omni and Batman Eternal omni O_O

okay so here is my two cents, just consider that all of us are different and we like different things but:
    The Authority omnibus includes a lot of stuff that might not be as top notch as the original Ellis series.
    I do enjoy Mark Millar's follow up and read the Hawksmoore mini (it's a side story about one of the Authority team members, drawn by Fiona Staples if I'm not mistaken) which was okay but I find myself liking Millar's run less and less while the original 12 issue Ellis run holds ups very well.
    So my recommendation is maybe go for the standard hc or trade collecting those 12 issues or if you get a good deal on the Absolute. I really feel like you can just read the Ellis run, have a strong, tight reading experience and call it a day.
    Also the Planetary omnibus collects the Planetary-Authority crossover and it's not even that good (the best of those one shots is the Batman one). But you should definitely get Planetary

Animal man omnibus is oop so good luck with that, although they just might manage to do a second volume to the recently released deluxe. But since it's DC if you don't want to end up with an orphaned deluxe on the shelf which only collects half the Morrison run I would wait with buying that deluxe.

Same for Lucifer. wait until it's finished or just get the chunky trades. No matter what format you get this series is well worth reading, I was blown away by it.

As far as I'm aware Eternal is more of a companion piece that it's own series but I might be wrong. Also I heard it was just okay. I would definitely vote for any of the other omnibuses in your list over this and I'm pretty sure this run was collected in chunky trades too.
    I know omnis look great on the shelf but do you need a Batman Eternal omnibus? Unless you are a huge Bat fan, then sure, I get it.

Mighty Member

I read somewhere that DC pulled back on some releases in favor of the new teen books they're publishing. Was a bunch of those in the June solitications.

Quite sure books like the new version of Absolute Dark Knight Returns (especially since Master Race is getting an absolute) will see a release in a year or so. Black label books as the regular trades have sold out. I think it's quite healty, even if they're holding back on some books I was going to buy. I think it can be a good thing they're releasing some new stuff, not only the same old classics again and again (DKR was close on having having three versions out by summer for grud sakes).

Btw. For those who'v missed it. Black label is apperantly still a thing. Superman y 1 is magazine sized, just like Batman Damned.

That said. Hope I don't have to wait too long for the new version of Absolute Dark Knight

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Those are good recommendations, I'll look into The Authority HC's. I think I might have created confusion with the Animal Man omni though, I meant the New 52 Lemire run. But it's not like I have to buy these immediately, DC seems to keep them around.

And in truth I'm a big Batman fan, so a Snyder Batman omni of a full run is just going to happen to my wallet, I'll be honest.
    Well the proper Snyder capullo Omni is coming too
    And yeah sorry I forgot the Lemire animal man omnibus. I'll be getting that one too ��

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I think this hadn't been mentioned here:
    This series is awesome, but no way should it all be collected in one omnibus. Way too large! Needs to at least be broken into 2 volumes.

Authority & Planetary are both great reads. Adding my recommendation to the bucket!
    Last edited by Andru; 03-16-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What are people thinking about the Death of Superman omnibus?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

I found some upcoming tpbs on Amazon that I thought were pretty interesting considering all the cancellations we've been seeing recently:
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-City...gateway&sr=8-1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401294995...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401295002...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ANIMAL MAN BY JEFF LEMIRE OMNIBUS HC
    written by JEFF LEMIRE with SCOTT SNYDER
    art by TRAVEL FOREMAN, STEVE PUGH, JOHN PAUL LEON, ALBERTO PONTICELLI, TIMOTHY GREEN II, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, CULLY HAMNER, MARCO RUDY and others
    cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    Buddy Baker has gone from “super” man to family man—but is he strong enough to hold his family together when his young daughter starts to manifest her own dangerous powers? And when the world has fallen to the Rot, Animal Man forms an uneasy alliance with Swamp Thing. Then, following the loss of his son, Animal Man finds he can’t mourn in peace without constant media intrusions that his newfound fame as an actor have brought about. Collects Animal Man #0-29, Animal Man Annual #1-2 and Swamp Thing #12 and #17, plus a new introduction by Jeff Lemire!
    ON SALE 12.04.19
    $99.99 US | 824 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”