View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    So with this new solics I guess DC is going back to basics HC and pulling back those amazing OHC they released for few Rebirth titles?

THE GREEN LANTERN VOL. 1: INTERGALACTIC LAWMAN HC

I was hoping to get this in OHC format, but it looks like standard HC. Shame.
    Ugh, and at $25 to boot too, so more expensive than the floppies. I guess I’ll just pare down my reading and await an eventual OHC for the more well received runs.

Anyone recommending Animal Man by Lemire omnibus? Does it stand out against Morrison run?
    Last edited by Antari; 03-17-2019 at 03:38 AM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Anyone think Action Comics 1000 will be collected anywhere besides the deluxe? I suppose a trade would be no different than the original comic.

So I'm reading and fairly enjoying the Darkseid war omnibus, it scratches the superhero battle itch I had. Question is, should I get Trinity war and Forever evil or just call it a day with Darkseid war?

I'm in for Teen Titans and maybe the Doom Patrol. I'm not familiar with Bronze Age DP so I may wait a bit for reviews. The Crisis Box looks nice but it'll probably be out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATMAN BY SCOTT SNYDER AND GREG CAPULLO OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    art by GREG CAPULLO, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, BECKY CLOONAN, ANDY CLARKE, JOCK, ANDY KUBERT, ALEX MALEEV, DUSTIN NGUYEN and others
    cover by GREG CAPULLO
    The first 33 issues of BATMAN from the New 52 era by writer Scott Snyder, artist Greg Capullo and others are collected in this new hardcover! These are the tales that introduced the deadly Court of Owls, brought back The Joker (minus his face!), delved into the Dark Knight’s past in “Zero Year,” and plunged Gotham City into darkness, courtesy of the Riddler! It’s an epic, acclaimed and bestselling run that you will want to revisit again and again!
    ON SALE 10.16.19
    $125.00 US | 1,152 PAGES

Still pretty vague what the content is. First 33 issues. What about the Annuals and the zero issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Anyone recommending Animal Man by Lemire omnibus? Does it stand out against Morrison run?
    I personally, highly recommend it. It was one of the first comics I ever wrote (something of a newbie here) and I was blown away. Its completely different than Morrisons AM, but thats not to say its any worse. I would dare put it on par with it. Of course, I might be biased, but I can't recommend it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am getting the Lemire Animal Man omnibus.
    I am cool with them just including issues 12 & 17 of Swamp Thing,
    (interesting note: Snyder left the book after #17 and Charles Soule came on and hit it out of the park IMHO.)

also will be getting the King Batman deluxe vol.4 and the Scott Snyder New 52 Batman omnibus vol.1
    and the New Teen Titans omnibus vol.4
    That Doom Patrol Bronze Age omnibus is pathetic .......... everything in it is basically quarter bin throw away (IMHO)
    This is why D C continues to have problems with there omnibuses (besides binding and quality control)
    I understand there are fans of the material (I am) but there is far too much higher in demand material from
    the Bronze Age D C has not even fanned a whiff of towards the fans and collectors like Early Jonah Hex
    and Bronze Age Green Lantern and Bronze age Superman and than there are heroes that have no respect
    in omnibuses like Bronze/ Copper age Firestorm and Spectre and Infinity Inc (and many many more that
    deserve much more than a cherry picking of Doom Patrol appearances that filtered down between
    Doom Patrol 124 and Grant Morrison's epic Doom Patrol #19 from volume #2.
    Soule's works after he left DC were...not great. His Swamp Thing was amazing. I dug the horror creep show that Snyder went after but Soule just had a blast with it. I love the new Parliaments, and I love how he even brought back some ultra obscure Swamp Thing stuff from Doug Wheelers run. Excellent stuff.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS BOX SET
    written by MARV WOLFMAN, GARDNER FOX, ROY THOMAS, GERRY CONWAY and others
    art by GEORGE PEREZ, MIKE SEKOWSKY, DICK DILLIN, TODD McFARLANE and others
    box art by NICOLA SCOTT and JERRY ORDWAY
    Since the Justice League of America first met their Earth-2 counterparts, the Justice Society of America, the concept of a world-shaking “Crisis” has been a defining part of DC history. Now, for the first time, DC packs one incredible box set with every Crisis tale leading up to and including the industry defining CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! This box set combines six previously existing CRISIS collected editions, printed for the first time in hardcover, with eight new CRISIS hardcover collections that spotlight the most important heroes of the 1980s CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS!
    Join the Justice League, the Justice Society, the All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc., Superman, Green Lantern and countless other heroes as they give their all to save the DC Universe!
    This box set includes these hardcovers:
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 1 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #21-22, 29-30, 37-38 and 46-47
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 2 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #55-56, 64-65, 73-74 and 82-83
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 3 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #91-92, 100-102, 107-108 and 113
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 4 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #123-124, 135-137 and 147-148
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 5 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #159-160, 171-172 and 183-185
    • CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 6 HC
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #195-197, 207-209 and ALL-STAR SQUADRON #14-15
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS HC
    Collects CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1-12
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: ALL-STAR SQUADRON HC
    This new title collects ALL-STAR SQUADRON #50-60
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: GREEN LANTERN HC
    This new title collects GREEN LANTERN #194-198, THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #16 and 18 and THE OMEGA MEN #31 and 33
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: JUSTICE LEAGUE HC
    This new title collects THE FURY OF FIRESTORM #41-42, DETECTIVE COMICS #558, WONDER WOMAN #327-329 and THE NEW TEEN TITANS #13-14
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: LEGENDS HC
    This new title collects THE LOSERS SPECIAL #1, SWAMP THING #44 and 46, LEGENDS OF THE DC UNIVERSE: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1, BLUE DEVIL #17-18 and AMETHYST #13
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: INFINITY, INC. HC
    This new title collects INFINITY, INC. #18-25, INFINITY, INC. ANNUAL #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #244-245
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: SUPERMAN HC
    This new title collects DC COMICS PRESENTS #78, 86-88 and 94-95, SUPERMAN #413-415 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA ANNUAL #3
    • CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: BEHIND THE CRISIS
    This new title collects THE HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1-2, pre-Crisis appearances of the Monitor, behind-the-scenes material and more
    ON SALE 11.06.19
    $500.00 US | FC
    DIMENSIONS: APPROX. 12.5” high x 13.5” wide x 8” deep
    WEIGHT: APPROX. 28 lbs.
    * Dimensions and weight subject to change
    Does this box actually add anything if you already have all the Justice League Silver And Bronze Age Omnibuses and the Deluxe Editions of COIE and its two companion releases?

The crisis box set will probably get discounted down to around $300
    and most of the material looks cool (especially for a old read "SPOTLIGHT ON ME" who already
    experienced those issues and has adapted to the changes in writing and art in comics over the decades) but if the actual
    size of each book turns out to be small in dimensions (like the latest Bendis Superman collected HC) than I don't think I
    will want it. On the other hand, if the books are the same size as the deluxe books, than this will get my attention.

Looking at the actual dimensions of the box
    DIMENSIONS: APPROX. 12.5” high x 13.5” wide x 8” deep
    WEIGHT: APPROX. 28 lbs.

it appears they will be deluxe sixe
    and something I will think about getting.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 03-17-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I am. Its one of my favorite series of all time.

Also another Y The Last Man collection to add to my dilemma of which to get. I currently have the 5 HCs but was debating the Absolutes. But maybe just the omnibus.
    Last edited by theegreatone; 03-17-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So I'm reading and fairly enjoying the Darkseid war omnibus, it scratches the superhero battle itch I had. Question is, should I get Trinity war and Forever evil or just call it a day with Darkseid war?

IMO, Darkseid War was far superior to both. I thought Trinity War was bad and I remember liking the build-up and follow-up to Forever Evil in Johns' Justice League more than I liked the actual event itself. Forever Evil also gave us Grayson, another feather in the cap of things Forever Evil-related without actually recommending the series itself.

That said, it wasn't bad. Darkseid War > Forever Evil > Trinity War. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    A thousand times yes. I have the original set of trades that I've been wanting to upgrade for years now, and this will be perfect.

Lucifer remains the only Sandman-related work that I've enjoyed since the original series. I was never able to get into The Dreaming or The Dead Boy Detectives or anything like that. OK, scratch that, I loved both Death minis, but Lucifer is a worthy companion piece to Sandman and I feel I must now have this on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    IMO, Darkseid War was far superior to both. I thought Trinity War was bad and I remember liking the build-up and follow-up to Forever Evil in Johns' Justice League more than I liked the actual event itself. Forever Evil also gave us Grayson, another feather in the cap of things Forever Evil-related without actually recommending the series itself.

That said, it wasn't bad. Darkseid War > Forever Evil > Trinity War. IMO.
    Hmmmm not sure if I should get it but they are fairly cheap. I also enjoyed Grayson .
    Thanks for the feedback.