View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I'm disappointed I won't be able to complete JLA and B&B and have them in my collection.Beyond that,it seems that there will be no Bronze Age GL,Batman,Worlds Finest,and Superman which is heartbreaking.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I'm disappointed I won't be able to complete JLA and B&B and have them in my collection.Beyond that,it seems that there will be no Bronze Age GL,Batman,Worlds Finest,and Superman which is heartbreaking.
    This is extremely annoying and it's totally beyond me why DC is so unable to finish something they've started in so many cases, especially when they're so close to the finishing line.

Releasing something like 2 of 3 Batman B&B Omnibuses or 6 of 7 Superman/Batman TPBs, but suddenly cancelling that one final release is the worst and stupidest thing you can do to a comic book reader and/or collector.

Or look at the JLA, where we have the Silver Age Omnibus, two Bronze Age Omnibuses and even the Detroit Era Omnibus and the Justice League International Omnibus - and now a gaping hole where the two final Bronze Age Omnibuses should've been.

DiDio's statement is a joke. "Release material in best possible forms"??!! Seriously??!! What they've just done is stop doing exactly this!

I just started getting back into DC Comics (after a nearly 20-year-long absence), mainly reading Omnibuses and other reprints in HC and TPB form, but I guess I should get rid of what I've re-assembled so far and finally call it day. If DiDio and DC are simply too dumb to take my money, someone else will. This release strategy (do they even have one?) is just pathetic and totally void of any sense and I absolutely refuse to bother about this BS any longer!
    Last edited by shaboo; 03-28-2019 at 10:35 AM.

So, apparently Sony is going to battle DC over the 'Zero Hour' trademark.
    https://www.worldipreview.com/news/s...-hour-tm-17702

They filed for a tm of their 'Firewall Zero Hour' game and it got rejected because of possible confusion with ZH.

Anyone know about this kind of thing? Does Sony have a case? I hope the ZH 25th Anniversary omni doesn't get canceled as a result.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...shed-joker-10/

"DC Comics has officially stated that the following collections have been cancelled.

Batman: Brave And The Bold: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 3
    Justice League Of America: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 3
    Batman: Faces In the Shadows (DC Essential) TPB
    Batman: The L"ong Halloween (DC Modern Classics) HC
    Green Lantern: Earth One Vol 1 TPB
    DC Comics sales that these will not be resolicited.

"It looks like Batgirl: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 2 that came out today will be the last Bronze Age omnibus hardcover for awhile.

This is galling for some collectors – Bronze Age Batman Brave & the Bold Volume 3 Omnibus would have completed the series, while DC President Dan DiDio‘s response to these concerns that they might be resolicited has been vague – that the material may be first printed in smaller non-omnibus volumes, and if the demand was great enough, then they would be reprinted as Omnis. This release from DC Comics to retailers is rather on the nose – though these decisions can, as we have seen, be reversed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I planned to buy all of the BA books now canceled. The B&B and JLA are particularly aggravating to me. Maybe we'll still get the v4 Teen Titans. I was hoping the LOS titles would continue as well. C'est la vie. I won't shift the money to digital so I guess I can just read what I have and hope Marvel doesn't get any Disney execs interested in what they're printing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    This is extremely annoying and it's totally beyond me why DC is so unable to finish something they've started in so many cases, especially when they're so close to the finishing line.

Releasing something like 2 of 3 Batman B&B Omnibuses or 6 of 7 Superman/Batman TPBs, but suddenly cancelling that one final relase is the worst and stupiest thing you can do to a comic book reader and/or collector.

Or look at the JLA, where we have the Silver Age Omnibus, two Bronze Age Omnibuses and even the Detroit Era Omnibus and the Justice League International Omnibus - and now a gaping hole where the two final Bronze Age Omnibuses should've been.

DiDio's statement is a joke. "Release material in best possible forms"??!! Seriously??!! What they've just done is stop doing exactly this!

I just started getting back into DC Comics (after a nearly 20-year-long absence), mainly reading Omnibuses and other reprints in HC and TPB form, but I guess I should get rid of what I've re-assembled so far and finally call it day. If DiDio and DC are simply too dumb to take my money, someone else will. This release strategy (do they even have one?) is just pathetic and totally void of any sense and I absolutely refuse to bother about this BS any longer!
    Yes, this is very frustrating. I'm in the same boat. I really would have liked to complete the B&B and JLA BA Omnibus collections. It's a little difficult to understand what DC are doing - no concrete plan or strategy at all. I would think any Batman oriented Omnibus would be a certain, hence my surprise as to the discontinuation of the B&B Omnibus line.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, this is very frustrating. I'm in the same boat. I really would have liked to complete the B&B and JLA BA Omnibus collections. It's a little difficult to understand what DC are doing - no concrete plan or strategy at all. I would think any Batman oriented Omnibus would be a certain, hence my surprise as to the discontinuation of the B&B Omnibus line.
    I think they don't have a strategy right now, and these are reactive steps while they right the ship, so to speak. Presumably the AT & T merge is putting pressure on Warners to increase profits, which in turn is putting pressure on DC to do the same.

What's interesting (to me anyway), is that the three big collected edition initiatives announced last year have been curtailed or outright abandoned. The Modern Classics line, announced March last year, has had only one release so far, and presently has only one other book scheduled, for October. Anything else solicited under this brand has been cancelled, and I wouldn't be surprised if the October book ends up being cancelled too. I mentioned before how the Essential Edition line has also been pared back too, with books either being cancelled or having the Essential Edition branding removed. And the plan to re-release classic trades under the Black Label... er, label, has ended up being cut short as well.

A lot of the output of these programmes didn't make sense to me, because much of it was new editions of trades that had recently been or printed or reprinted under the standard DC brand (waves at DK Master Race), but I still wouldn't have expected them to be curtailed or just abandoned quite so quickly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    So, apparently Sony is going to battle DC over the 'Zero Hour' trademark.
    https://www.worldipreview.com/news/s...-hour-tm-17702

They filed for a tm of their 'Firewall Zero Hour' game and it got rejected because of possible confusion with ZH.

Anyone know about this kind of thing? Does Sony have a case? I hope the ZH 25th Anniversary omni doesn't get canceled as a result.
    I think the argument that DC abandoned the trademark would be hard to make w/the HC that came out last year and the omni coming out this year. It's massively unlikely that, whatever the resolution, the omni's release will be affected, though.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

"The best possible format" Dan, you were doing that. What I think you meant to say was 'most cautious, risk averse format'. I'm not buying several smaller trades or hard covers to fill in that material. That will be my f-you to Dan.

Resolicit
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

DC just keeps kicking us in the collective groin. The JLA Bronze Age V3 hurts. My dream was to have those some day connect to the Detroit League Omni. So much for that. I also saw in the Bleeding Cool article that the Bronze Age Joker Omni is most likely canceled as well, which is another book I'd already preordered.

You know, I don't want to have a predominantly Marvel collection, but DC is making it really hard...

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    DC just keeps kicking us in the collective groin. The JLA Bronze Age V3 hurts. My dream was to have those some day connect to the Detroit League Omni. So much for that. I also saw in the Bleeding Cool article that the Bronze Age Joker Omni is most likely canceled as well, which is another book I'd already preordered.

You know, I don't want to have a predominantly Marvel collection, but DC is making it really hard...
    Yeah it is a bad move by them and will prevent me pulling triggers on other books as we do not know if they will finish. As of now it looks like we are going to have 2 huge empty holes with Justice League and B&B was really looking forward to collecting the full runs. Hopefully DC realizes it is a mistake and resolicits them, we all need to attack Jim Lee/DC twitter feeds with request for these to be released. I do not think Didio is on social media to ask him the question.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From "Jeff Dyer" on the MMW Forum:

Ok some good news today!

Bronze Age Joker, Jack Kirby and House of Secrets 2 are NOT canceled.

From my “source”!

Hey guys. What are the chances of Tom King's Batman being collected in Omnibuses on your opinion?

Ok some good news today!

From my “source”!
    That is awesome at least the Joker will live on, but hopefully JLA and B&B fall into the same category as they both need one more volume to complete the run.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Hey guys. What are the chances of Tom King's Batman being collected in Omnibuses on your opinion?
    I would expect it down the line they are just getting to Snyder's stuff now, so it could be a while before they get around to King's run.

Ok some good news today!

From my “source”!
    I would think B&B and JLA would outsell HOS by a long shot. I can't make sense of it. If they'd license the books to me, I'd happily back a print run and take the profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I would think B&B and JLA would outsell HOS by a long shot. I can't make sense of it. If they'd license the books to me, I'd happily back a print run and take the profit margins.
    That is a good point, anyone know sales on JLA and B&B vs what HOS did. Glad Joker is at least surviving looking forward to that one.