View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Seems as though the new Flash by Geoff Johns Volume 1 Omnibus is up on amazon... sigh. Looks like I’ll have to take a big loss on all 3 at my LCS in order to get these new ones.
    I made a bet with myself that they wouldn't put out a new Flash by Geoff Johns omnibus so soon, so I bought all six of the smaller trades they recently released. It appears I lost that bet.

"The first in a series of hardcover volumes that collect all of the best-selling issues of The Flash written by comics and film creator Geoff Johns."
    So where finally getting the Flashpoint stuff in omnibus format I guess

Astonishing Member

These showed up in the Amazon phishing. Hadn't seen them mentioned yet.

Blackhawks: Blood & Iron Paperback – November 26, 2019
    by Howard Chaykin (Author) $34.99

Blue Beetle: Echoes of the Past Paperback – October 8, 2019
    by Len Wein (Author) $29.99

Booster Gold: The Big Fall Paperback – October 1, 2019
    by Dan Jurgens (Author) $29.99

All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever Paperback – September 3, 2019
    by Paul Levitz (Author), Gerry Conway (Author), Wally Wood (Illustrator), Joe Staton (Illustrator) $34.99

As a Howard Chaykin fan, I'd love to get the Blackhawk collection. But with DC's history of soliciting then cancelling older material, I'm not holding my breath.

Extraordinary Member

I think I asked this last year, but are we likely to see a Bronze Age / Silver Age Aquaman omnibus? I know we have had the 80s/90s stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    These showed up in the Amazon phishing. Hadn't seen them mentioned yet.

Blackhawks: Blood & Iron Paperback – November 26, 2019
    by Howard Chaykin (Author) $34.99

Blue Beetle: Echoes of the Past Paperback – October 8, 2019
    by Len Wein (Author) $29.99

Booster Gold: The Big Fall Paperback – October 1, 2019
    by Dan Jurgens (Author) $29.99

All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever Paperback – September 3, 2019
    by Paul Levitz (Author), Gerry Conway (Author), Wally Wood (Illustrator), Joe Staton (Illustrator) $34.99

As a Howard Chaykin fan, I'd love to get the Blackhawk collection. But with DC's history of soliciting then cancelling older material, I'm not holding my breath.
    Oooh, there's some exciting stuff in there!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Batgirl Bronze Age vol.2 - completes all Bronze age fare, I mean it even dabbles into "Modern Age" with Batgirl Special #1 (1988) in there.

I do hope that Cory, MMW contributor and Collected Ed master, says his sources indicated that Batman B&B vol. 3 and Joker would be resolicited.
    We all hope so. DC may feel the need to reduce output, and I think we all get that, we just would rather they complete already begun runs rather than start new ones. Right, that's the general feeling?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Batgirl Bronze Age vol.2 - completes all Bronze age fare, I mean it even dabbles into "Modern Age" with Batgirl Special #1 (1988) in there.

I do hope that Cory, MMW contributor and Collected Ed master, says his sources indicated that Batman B&B vol. 3 and Joker would be resolicited.
    We all hope so. DC may feel the need to reduce output, and I think we all get that, we just would rather they complete already begun runs rather than start new ones. Right, that's the general feeling?
    That is all I want just finish up what you have out there and if it is not worth doing more then put them out in trade form, but leaving any hanging is a bit of a crappy move to those who bought them. Glad B&B seems to have survived and will be back.

So I tried searching this thread as well as the Superman forum (while trying to dodge "spoilers"), but didn't really find an answer; I'm half-through the Superman-Exile omni and plan to buy the Death/Return omni rerelease next week...are there TPBs that fill the gap between these two omnis? I don't do digital though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    So I tried searching this thread as well as the Superman forum (while trying to dodge "spoilers"), but didn't really find an answer; I'm half-through the Superman-Exile omni and plan to buy the Death/Return omni rerelease next week...are there TPBs that fill the gap between these two omnis? I don't do digital though.
    There are some tpb's but most of them are 90's prints and hard to find in good condition, like Eradication, Krisis of the crimson kryptonite and Time and time again. And then there are two recent reprinted trades, Dark Knight over Metropolis and Panic in the sky. But unfortunately the most of that era is uncollected.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    There are some tpb's but most of them are 90's prints and hard to find in good condition, like Eradication, Krisis of the crimson kryptonite and Time and time again. And then there are two recent reprinted trades, Dark Knight over Metropolis and Panic in the sky. But unfortunately the most of that era is uncollected.
    Awesome, thanks for your help! I'll look into those, they'll at least help bridge the gap for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I'm crossing fingers on JLA 3 also.....
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Amazing Member

I'm also currently reading the Exile omni and I'm about halfway through. It's much better than I anticipated. What are your thoughts on it?

I first started reading Superman (and comics in general) just after this omni concludes, so I'm also a little disappointed that there's not another volume right after this. Maybe it will be on the DC Universe app later in the month?

I finally got around to reading Abnetts Aquaman V.6 and his Mera mini series. Boy was Aquaman dragged out, and Mera was mostly a missed opportunity. But then what the heck happened with all these crossovers?! There is no Aquaman V.7, its just the JL and Suicide Squad crossovera. Looks like ill be skipping those, unless they're actually good.

Also, has anyone commented on how DC is subtly giving everyone a fresh start/clean slate? Red Hood, GL, Aquaman, Supergirl, all starting back on Vol.1s. Are they trying to keep the readership going strong without high volume numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    I'm also currently reading the Exile omni and I'm about halfway through. It's much better than I anticipated. What are your thoughts on it?

I first started reading Superman (and comics in general) just after this omni concludes, so I'm also a little disappointed that there's not another volume right after this. Maybe it will be on the DC Universe app later in the month?

Cool, I'm really enjoying it too. I started my post-Crisis reading last year with the 9 TPBs. I loved the Byrne stuff and some of the other stories, but the material is actually even better in this omni. Mostly because the stories continue between each of the three titles, where before it was pretty disjointed.

I also really wish they'd continue the omnibus treatment after the Exile one, but I'll probably just skip ahead to the Death/Return omni while hitting a few of the tbps in between. The only Superman I'd read before this was some of the Byrne Man of Steel comics back when they came out.

The DC stuff I read most as a kid was Batman, so I decided to read Superman, WW, and Batman starting post-CoIE. Surprisingly, WW and Supes has been the best for me, with Batman being pretty mediocre outside of Year One.

Cool, I'm really enjoying it too. I started my post-Crisis reading last year with the 9 TPBs. I loved the Byrne stuff and some of the other stories, but the material is actually even better in this omni. Mostly because the stories continue between each of the three titles, where before it was pretty disjointed.

I also really wish they'd continue the omnibus treatment after the Exile one, but I'll probably just skip ahead to the Death/Return omni while hitting a few of the tbps in between. The only Superman I'd read before this was some of the Byrne Man of Steel comics back when they came out.

The DC stuff I read most as a kid was Batman, so I decided to read Superman, WW, and Batman starting post-CoIE. Surprisingly, WW and Supes has been the best for me, with Batman being pretty mediocre outside of Year One.
    Hello guys. I am thinking of buying Superman Exile Omnibus too. I haven't read many Superman stories , only the Alan Moore stuff , Superman For All Seasons and Superman Secret Identity. Do you believe i will enjoy it? Is it a good starting point for new Superman Readers?