View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Batgirl Bronze Age vol.2 - completes all Bronze age fare, I mean it even dabbles into "Modern Age" with Batgirl Special #1 (1988) in there.

I do hope that Cory, MMW contributor and Collected Ed master, says his sources indicated that Batman B&B vol. 3 and Joker would be resolicited.
    We all hope so. DC may feel the need to reduce output, and I think we all get that, we just would rather they complete already begun runs rather than start new ones. Right, that's the general feeling?

I wish they would have included BATMAN #311 and DETECTIVE #503.
    Also the Batgirl story from SECRET ORIGINS #20 would have been nice since it was written by Barbara Randall who wrote the BG special and her finale two backup stories in Detective(518-519) and the introduction to the Omnibus.

Yes, I am upset that B&B Vol #3 was cancel. Finish what you start, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I wish they would have included BATMAN #311 and DETECTIVE #503.
    Also the Batgirl story from SECRET ORIGINS #20 would have been nice since it was written by Barbara Randall who wrote the BG special and her finale two backup stories in Detective(518-519) and the introduction to the Omnibus.

Yes, I am upset that B&B Vol #3 was cancel. Finish what you start, DC.
    Rumor has it that it will be resolicted. However, I haven't heard anything about that Bronze Age JLA #3. I'm crossing fingers..........
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hello guys. I am thinking of buying Superman Exile Omnibus too. I haven't read many Superman stories , only the Alan Moore stuff , Superman For All Seasons and Superman Secret Identity. Do you believe i will enjoy it? Is it a good starting point for new Superman Readers?
    The Exile omnibus picks up right after the end of the Byrne run, and has many plot points based on that run. I would recommend starting with the Man of Steel collections that collect the Byrne run. If those are not available, you can read the omnibus since they recap the pertinent information.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hello guys. I am thinking of buying Superman Exile Omnibus too. I haven't read many Superman stories , only the Alan Moore stuff , Superman For All Seasons and Superman Secret Identity. Do you believe i will enjoy it? Is it a good starting point for new Superman Readers?
    I also had only read some various stories, mostly from the Action Comics 80th HC. But like Rincewind said, ideally you'd want to start with Byrne's "reboot", but it's 9 trade paperbacks and some of them are getting pricey. I gathered mine from various places like eBay and IST.

But you can jump into the Exile omni instead and not really be lost. It's a fun omni and I recommend it even if you don't read the issues before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Rumor has it that it will be resolicted. However, I haven't heard anything about that Bronze Age JLA #3. I'm crossing fingers..........
    My order for B&B vol 3 was cancelled by amazon, but by Bronze Age JLA 3 is still showing out on May 28th and actually is cheaper than it was last week.
    So hopefully that’s still coming out as originally planned, would imagine it’s been actually printed by now, so a bit silly not to release it.

Two more Edelweiss cancellations:

Suicide Squad by Keith Giffen
    Outsiders by Judd Winick Book Two

Neither had been solicited to comic shops yet, but I imagine Outsiders book one didn't garner enough sales to warrant even soliciting book two. So I guess that's another one we can add to the "Abandoned" list.

BANNED

hey yall, DC's June solicits has the Crisis on Infinite Earths box set but on Amazon it says it won't be released til November. does anyone know which is correct, or is it maybe not being sold on Amazon until then or something?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

With a Suicide Squad, sequel, soft reboot or whatever film on the horizon I still see a scenario where this gets resolicited.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    hey yall, DC's June solicits has the Crisis on Infinite Earths box set but on Amazon it says it won't be released til November. does anyone know which is correct, or is it maybe not being sold on Amazon until then or something?
    DC advanced solicited it - if you read the June listing for it, it says Nov. 6 - a lot of bigger ticket items are solicited well in advance
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Outsiders by Judd Winick Book Two

Neither had been solicited to comic shops yet, but I imagine Outsiders book one didn't garner enough sales to warrant even soliciting book two. So I guess that's another one we can add to the "Abandoned" list.
    I was tempted to pre-order Outsiders by Winick Book 1, but held off. Glad I did; no need for even more abandoned series on my shelf.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was tempted to pre-order Outsiders by Winick Book 1, but held off. Glad I did; no need for even more abandoned series on my shelf.
    Agreed, I was waiting for it to go on sale on Comixology, now I'll just skip it. It's a shame DC is winding down before we got restored trades of the triangle era Superman books. If the post crisis batman series can't stay in production it's a sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    So I tried searching this thread as well as the Superman forum (while trying to dodge "spoilers"), but didn't really find an answer; I'm half-through the Superman-Exile omni and plan to buy the Death/Return omni rerelease next week...are there TPBs that fill the gap between these two omnis? I don't do digital though.
    I should have read the previous page first. Sadly even if you liked digital as I do Superman has too many missing issues. DC is a failure compared to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I should have read the previous page first. Sadly even if you liked digital as I do Superman has too many missing issues. DC is a failure compared to Marvel.
    didn't DC just announce that they will upload A LOT of comics to their new digital platform? Don't know exactly what but apparently it's an overwhelming amount of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    didn't DC just announce that they will upload A LOT of comics to their new digital platform? Don't know exactly what but apparently it's an overwhelming amount of issues.
    I saw some really good obscure stuff floating around there. Waiting for them to launch even more before I consider getting it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Meh, just not into digital comics.
    I don't have cable tv either.
    I could be happy with a flip phone 98% of the time.
    I only "got rid" of my landline cause I moved and the new house didn't have one.

Stay off my lawn.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime