View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I know this is a strange comparison, but I have some credit on Amazon and was going to budget it toward Batman Eternal. But I want to get the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 4 coming out in June.

If you were only getting 1 omni, which would you pick?
    ASM 4 without even thinking about it, assuming you like silver/bronze age comics. I read Eternal in singles when it was coming out and about half way through that weekly mish-mash I regretted it but stuck it out until the end. It wasn't bad overall but it was the definition of unnecessary mediocrity at best for me.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:56 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    How do you read the files on the Kindle? I want to upgrade my device however I have a ton of files that use Comic Book Reader because they were scanned and I would like to know if the Kindle would read them, thanks..
    For my Kindle HD 10, I sideloaded the Google Play Store, so it can download and run any android app through their store. I use CDisplay for cbr files, and DCU/MU run perfectly as well.

Comixology is Amazon's app, so you can install it without playstore. They just don't want their competitors on there, presumably.

Incredible Member

I know this is a strange comparison, but I have some credit on Amazon and was going to budget it toward Batman Eternal. But I want to get the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 4 coming out in June.

If you were only getting 1 omni, which would you pick?
    I read about 1/4 of the issues of Batman Eternal, basically all the ones that had Stephanie Brown in them. (Vote with your wallets, kids!) They were fine, some issues were pretty good. But I didn’t really feel like I was missing a great deal.

The ending was really fun, though!

Thank you for the reply Gar-El.
    Last edited by tv horror; 04-26-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

Just ordered '' The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Jubilee Edition'' , '' Seven Soldiers Omnibus'' and '' Justice League International Omnibus''
    Last edited by Gurz; 04-25-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Just ordered '' The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Jubilee Edition'' , '' Seven Soldiers Omnibus'' and '' Justice League International Omnibus''
    Nice haul! I want all three of those myself eventually, especially the new LoEG omni to replace my softcover version. I love those comics. I also need to get the Seven Soldiers before the Final Crisi omni, or so I've read. And JLI justto re-read those since I reallly enjoyed them as a kid.

I just got done reading the Superman Eradication tpb, so glad I did. The Exile omni really left me wanting to see what happens, not sure why they didn't put those issues into the omni...wouldn't have added much much size and it's a much more natural ending spot. But DC didn't call and ask me my opinion

So what is everyone's thoughts on Doomsday Clock being released in two separate volumes? Would it be worth it to wait for the inevitable complete collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    So what is everyone's thoughts on Doomsday Clock being released in two separate volumes? Would it be worth it to wait for the inevitable complete collection?
    I don't even think Doomsday Clock would be worth getting in Absolute format for ten bucks. But that's probably not the answer you were looking for

But if one were interested in buying a popular event series (no matter how dumb or terrible), in my opinion it's always better to wait. I feel it's only worth springing for something immediately if there's a chance it'll go OOP and you won't have any other format options.

In this case, DC will undoubtedly be milking this thing so I say don't rush to buy it. Or at all.

Mighty Member

Well, I'm sure as heck not buying Doomsday Clock in two parts. The whole reason I planned to trade wait the series was to read the whole thing at once. And I'm not buying two separate collections because I'm surly that way. What a silly decision
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Who knows if any of us will even still be collecting comics in 2027, when Doomsday Clock will at last be concluded and we could purchase a collected edition.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I don't even think Doomsday Clock would be worth getting in Absolute format for ten bucks. But that's probably not the answer you were looking for

But if one were interested in buying a popular event series (no matter how dumb or terrible), in my opinion it's always better to wait. I feel it's only worth springing for something immediately if there's a chance it'll go OOP and you won't have any other format options.

In this case, DC will undoubtedly be milking this thing so I say don't rush to buy it. Or at all.
    You don't like Gary Frank's art? This may be a first

Actually... and this is going to sound super nit-picky. I don't always like the way he draws faces.
    He's still great. The characters sometimes do poses for the sake of poses, but there, that's my nit-pick.
    So it's not just me then. There's something about the way he draws teeth and mouths that feels slightly unsettling.