View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 120 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Is there a reason Blackest Night #8 isn't being included in the GL2 omni?
    It will be, it's just that DC isn't great at accuracy in their listings. For example, that Omni also lists Untold Tales of the Blackest Night 1 & 2, when I'm sure it was only a one shot.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

For those interested in Teen Titans history, I made a review about The Judas contract here http://community.comicbookresources....Judas-Contract
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

is DC stoping hardcover releases of Green Lantern Corps and new guardians?

I've noticed that DC is dropping the hardcover format for The Flash after vol. 4 which is the end of Manapul-Buccellato run. Was considering on getting vol. 5 which is a fill-in, but written by Buccellato. Have no interest in the Vendetti-Booth run at all. Surprised a bit that they're knocking down The Flash to softcover only. Its like DC admitting that this new creative team isn't so hot so we will only offer their run in paperback form.

This is why I haven't bought any new 52 HCs except justice league and batman. I don't want to end up having mixed formats...

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I've noticed that DC is dropping the hardcover format for The Flash after vol. 4 which is the end of Manapul-Buccellato run. Was considering on getting vol. 5 which is a fill-in, but written by Buccellato. Have no interest in the Vendetti-Booth run at all. Surprised a bit that they're knocking down The Flash to softcover only. Its like DC admitting that this new creative team isn't so hot so we will only offer their run in paperback form.
    Does vol.4 end in a satisfying way, or will I feel the need to pick up vol.5? I read the first few issues of the Manapul-Buccellato run and decided to wait and pick it up in trade or hardcover. I've no interest in Vendetti's Flash run (or GL run either, for that matter), but I can't decide if I should wait for volume 5. Does it fell like part of their larger run on the book, or is it really more of a fill-in?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Does vol.4 end in a satisfying way, or will I feel the need to pick up vol.5? I read the first few issues of the Manapul-Buccellato run and decided to wait and pick it up in trade or hardcover. I've no interest in Vendetti's Flash run (or GL run either, for that matter), but I can't decide if I should wait for volume 5. Does it fell like part of their larger run on the book, or is it really more of a fill-in?
    Vendetti's Green Lantern is pretty good. You should definitely consider checking it out. His X-O Manowar is awesome as well.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Vendetti's Green Lantern is pretty good. You should definitely consider checking it out. His X-O Manowar is awesome as well.
    I don't really feel his Green Lantern to be honest. I fibd his Flash work better but still not great.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Just an FYI, but Amazon currently has the pre-order for DC: The New Frontier Deluxe Edition for $21.77, a 56% discount off the $49.99 list price.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Agreed completely. The modern coloring is atrocious. Everything has the exact same texture because all the colorist has done is drop gradients on everything and lowered the saturation. The color choices may be more literal in the remake but it just makes for a blander product. In this case it is a perfect example of everything that is bad about modern coloring techniques.
    I completely agree with you guys on this one. I hate to see old comics re-colored. The art wasn't meant for modern coloring techniques. Art back in the day was about putting pencil and ink to paper and using the small color palette available to make it pop! Today its more about using photoshop to make things look "realistic", because we all know how realistic it is to fly and throw semi-trailers at your enemies.

Many modern books don't even give you an appreciation for the penciler because they're colored so dark that the line work is partially lost. Pencilers change their style to leave room for the colorists gradients. When I buy an archive, masterwork, or "pre-modern" comic, I don't want to see modern coloring bastardizing the original colorist's work. I want to see the book the way it was. I think Marvel does a good job with the coloring of their masterwork line, but that Iron Man recoloring just looks like an abomination to me.

I finished up the Doom Patrol Omnibus this weekend. I thought Animal Man was my favorite Morrison run; but that's changed with Doom Patrol. There were a few arcs in the middle that I didn't love, but everything else was fantastic. The Beard Hunter issue in itself elevates the whole run above most others.

After a nice Morrison binge of Animal Man and Doom Patrol, I'm a little bummed not to have anything more of his to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I wanted to like his Green Lantern run, but just couldn't get into it. Does it get any better after the Light's Out story?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    After a nice Morrison binge of Animal Man and Doom Patrol, I'm a little bummed not to have anything more of his to look forward to.
    You can always move on to The Invisibles; the first 2 Deuxe Editions are currently available.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I finished up the Doom Patrol Omnibus this weekend. I thought Animal Man was my favorite Morrison run; but that's changed with Doom Patrol. There were a few arcs in the middle that I didn't love, but everything else was fantastic. The Beard Hunter issue in itself elevates the whole run above most others.

Finally could order DP omnibus but it's out of stock at speedyhen. Hope they will get some stock soon, can't wait to read it.
    If you want some good Morrison and don't neccessary want an omnibus: Joe the Barbarian, Flex Mentallo, Invisibles (bit of a mindf@ck sometimes, and can be gross too but absolutely recommended), Seven soldiers of victory.
    And there will be a Filth deluxe edition too, which is a really great story but a bit disturbing and really-really disgusting sometimes.
    Last edited by Balakin; 08-24-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Just an FYI, but Amazon currently has the pre-order for DC: The New Frontier Deluxe Edition for $21.77, a 56% discount off the $49.99 list price.
    For the (probably) few on this thread who haven't read this story, go out and get this! A great read.

Regarding new frontier, How does the deluxe edition compare to the absolute? I recall hearing that the absolute was missing issues or had a misprint? Something like that?

Edit: okay, so apparently the absolute edition lacks an issue that was released as a tie in to the DVD adaptation. So it's between a slightly more complete deluxe edition, or an absolute with slipcase and bigger page size. I'm really torn between the two. What would you people recommend?
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 08-24-2014 at 06:30 PM.