View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.61%
  • Deluxe

    222 39.50%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.57%
  • Absolute

    125 22.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1200 of 1225 FirstFirst ... 2007001100115011901196119711981199120012011202120312041210 ... LastLast
Results 17,986 to 18,000 of 18368
  1. #17986
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I don't even think Doomsday Clock would be worth getting in Absolute format for ten bucks. But that's probably not the answer you were looking for

    But if one were interested in buying a popular event series (no matter how dumb or terrible), in my opinion it's always better to wait. I feel it's only worth springing for something immediately if there's a chance it'll go OOP and you won't have any other format options.

    In this case, DC will undoubtedly be milking this thing so I say don't rush to buy it. Or at all.
    That's totally fair. I would like to give it a chance myself , but I also don't want to have two volumes worth.

    And you're correct, they'll milk Doomsday Clock dry until the bitter end.

  2. #17987
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    So it's not just me then. There's something about the way he draws teeth and mouths that feels slightly unsettling.

    Sadly, he's not good with eyes either.
    I really don't get the approval this guy gets.
    But then I also think his good buddy Geoff Johns is a one-note, tone-deaf hack who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag, so I'm clearly in the minority here.

  3. #17988
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    So it's not just me then. There's something about the way he draws teeth and mouths that feels slightly unsettling.
    I can see what you're saying regarding the teeth but they don't bother me that much and not that big an issue for me for me not to like his art. I quite like his work especially in Shazam by Geoff Johns.

  4. #17989
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    I love Gary Franks art
    Especially his run on Supergirl
    and Incredible Hulk.

  5. #17990
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That's totally fair. I would like to give it a chance myself , but I also don't want to have two volumes worth.

    And you're correct, they'll milk Doomsday Clock dry until the bitter end.
    You mean exactly like they’ve done to the series it’s a sequel to?

  6. #17991
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    You mean exactly like they’ve done to the series it’s a sequel to?
    Are you saying you aren't picking up Watchmen with the new international cover!?!?!?!

  7. #17992
    Fantastic Member osakafanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Are you saying you aren't picking up Watchmen with the new international cover!?!?!?!
    What new international cover???
    Can physical comic books be still in good reading condition during my old age?

  8. #17993
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I love Gary Franks art
    Especially his run on Supergirl
    and Incredible Hulk.
    Agreed.

    Oddly enough, his best work was when he was able to keep a monthly schedule...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  9. #17994
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    What new international cover???
    It was announced in Julys solicts. Heres the new details:


    This new edition of the international collection of WATCHMEN features a new lenticular cover!
    ON SALE 09.25.19
    $24.99 US | 438 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-092-2

  10. #17995
    Fantastic Member osakafanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It was announced in Julys solicts. Heres the new details:


    This new edition of the international collection of WATCHMEN features a new lenticular cover!
    ON SALE 09.25.19
    $24.99 US | 438 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-092-2
    Looks similar to the lenticular cover of Doomsday Clock #1...

  11. #17996
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    DC's Omnibus sales in March 2019:

    159. Batgirl: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 672
    267. Sandman Omnibus Vol. 3 - 350

    Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman Deluxe OHC was No. 2 with a figure of 8,986!

  12. #17997
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    Batgirl: BA vol.2 came in with sales in the expected range.
    Sandman vol.3 is disappointing.

    DANG on Detective's 80yrs OHC!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #17998
    Fantastic Member Gurz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    492

    Default

    League of Extraordinary Gentlemn Jubilee Adition Omnibus is thiner than what i expected.
    Bad bad boy with a bad bad girl in a bad bad world.

    Favorite Characters:
    1-Batman, 2- Wolverine 3-Nightwing, 4-Darkness, 5- Blade

  14. #17999
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemn Jubilee Adition Omnibus is thiner than what i expected.
    Is it a larger size than the softcover omnibus, do you know?

  15. #18000
    Spectacular Member T.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Is it a larger size than the softcover omnibus, do you know?
    It's oversized trim size. Here's a nice video review that shows everything:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_j6hNEhXY

    I already have all of LOEG in standard hardcover size, but I might eventually pick this up. Looks really nice; especially like the design under the dust jacket.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •