View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What’s the opinion on superman for tomorrow? Moving house soon and looking to thin the herd, have a sealed Absolute and want to know if it’s worth cracking open? Haven’t really heard anything good or bad about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What’s the opinion on superman for tomorrow? Moving house soon and looking to thin the herd, have a sealed Absolute and want to know if it’s worth cracking open? Haven’t really heard anything good or bad about it
    It’s nice to look at, very very blah story. Unless you love Jim Lee’s art, you can probably sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It’s nice to look at, very very blah story. Unless you love Jim Lee’s art, you can probably sell it.
    Nope, no Jim lee fan, at least not since 1990 something

I finally got around to finishing reading the Knightfall omnibus' trilogy, so glad that I did. I vaguely remember there being specific parts where I was a bit less interested, but as a whole, it was fantastic
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Though I dig Azzarello's writing in general, this story was weak. I only keep my copies because Lee and Azz have signed them. You can probably let it go...

I think most people agree the story is very mediocre and Jim Lee's art is amazing (unless you are in the 1% that just doesn't care for his stuff. For that reason I never bothered with this book).

I'd say the same as everyone else. The story did very little for me but I did like the art. It wasn't enough for me to keep it though. I sold mine.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

On the to sell pile then, along with my Absolute Preachers and Y, the last man, which was never worthy of an Absolute, as the art (of which should be the main consideration of something getting absoluted) is crap, and I never really cared for the story, it was ok, I only got them because at the time I collected every Absolute, regardless of quality, and preacher, although great at the time, just didn’t hold up

On the to sell pile then, along with my Absolute Preachers and Y, the last man, which was never worthy of an Absolute, as the art (of which should be the main consideration of something getting absoluted) is crap, and I never really cared for the story, it was ok, I only got them because at the time I collected every Absolute, regardless of quality, and preacher, although great at the time, just didn’t hold up
    I've never heard anybody describe the art as crap before :P Not that it's anything like amazing, but crap? ^^
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've never heard anybody describe the art as crap before :P Not that it's anything like amazing, but crap? ^^
    I think it’s more along the lines of not being absolute worthy, there have been a few absolutes that I have scratched my head over but this is probably number one

Incredible Member

I’ve also never heard anybody say Preacher didn’t hold up. I read through all of Preacher a couple years ago, fastest read through I’ve ever had and I loved every moment of it.

That was new for me, too. I respect the opinion but I recently re-read Preacher as well, and I thought it was spectacular as it was back when it was being released.

I think it’s more along the lines of not being absolute worthy, there have been a few absolutes that I have scratched my head over but this is probably number one
    Fair enough. I've never actually bothered with an absolute, yet :P

Fair enough. I've never actually bothered with an absolute, yet :P
    I had them all apart from, I think, Danger Girl and Promethea, but it was a collector thing as I realised half of them were crap and I was just getting them for the sake of it, stopped after Killing Joke, still getting Swamp Thing but must of sold off more than half of my Absolutes now

Gotta agree that I just reread Preacher absolutes after years and I enjoyed it more than the first time. You can tell Ennis was having so much fun