View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

Heck yeah, super excited about the Simone collection.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The Wonder Woman omni is an instant purchase for me. Even though I still need Perez V.3 and Jimenez. Really makes me wonder if they'll do Rucka and Bryne. Which is unfortunate because I've been buying the fat trades.

Why oh why D C could it not be Simone’s Birds Of Prey ?
    I liked her Wonder Woman in the beginning but lost interest
    As time passed.
    But Either way I will surely be Getting the omnibus

Amazing Member

Still wishing they'd make an omnibus of WML's Wonder Woman run.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    You and me both! But it'll never happen...

I'd be happy with 2 more fat trades, since the final 1/3 of it is already collected (as Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato however).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    All in due time I'm sure.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I don’t know if it’s standard operating procedure but I got rid of my Promethea tpbs in anticipation of the deluxe editions.

lol and behold Book 1 comes out in March, and now book 2 isn’t out till Christmas, a whole 9 months later. Get your act together, if you are reprinting a series, release them in a timely manner. These aren’t omnibuses.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS 35TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by MARV WOLFMAN
    art by GEORGE PEREZ, DICK GIORDANO, JERRY ORDWAY and others
    cover by GEORGE PEREZ and ALEX ROSS
    The 12-issue epic is collected in a new anniversary edition! The mysterious Anti-Monitor has begun a crusade to end all existence. As alternate Earths are destroyed, the Monitor quickly assembles a team of heroes from across time and space to stop the menace!
    ON SALE 09.25.19
    $49.99 US | 496 PAGES

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR TWO DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by BRUNO REDONDO, MIKE S. MILLER and others
    cover by JHEREMY RAAPACK
    In this New York Times bestselling prequel series to the video game, it’s the second year of Superman’s tyrannical rule—and it’s up to the Green Lantern Corps to topple his regime. In Year One, it was the Insurgency. Now, in Year Two, the Green Lantern Corps takes an interest in stopping this totalitarian regime! Collects issues #1-12 and ANNUAL #1, plus never before published behind-the-scenes material.
    ON SALE 09.25.19
    $49.99 US | 336 PAGES

SUPERMAN/BATMAN: 80 YEARS SLIPCASE SET HCS
    Stories and art by various
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN and DETECTIVE COMICS: 80 YEARS OF BATMAN, the two hardcovers celebrating the histories of Superman and Batman, are offered together in a new slipcase! Curated by editor Paul Levitz, these books feature reprints of the origins of both heroes, as well as their top allies and foes. Also included are lost tales from the past and new stories, all published here for the first time.

WONDER WOMAN BY GAIL SIMONE OMNIBUS
    written by GAIL SIMONE
    art by TERRY DODSON, BERNARD CHANG, AARON LOPRESTI, NICOLA SCOTT and others
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    In these tales of Wonder Woman written by Gail Simone, the Olympians declare war across the globe and only Wonder Woman can stop them! And Wonder Woman’s life is changed forever when she faces a monster named Genocide who easily beats her! Then, at the ends of the universe, Wonder Woman falls victim to the Black Horizon, risking the safety of her soul. To salvage her existence, she must ally herself with the legendary Beowulf. Collects Wonder Woman #14-44 (2008), #600, Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman #1 and a story from the WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1.
    ON SALE 02.26.20
    $75.00 US | 816 PAGES

Some surprising reprints of Omnibuses and one not so surprising:

FINAL CRISIS OMNIBUS HC NEW EDITION
    written by GRANT MORRISON, GEOFF JOHNS, GREG RUCKA and others
    art by J.G. JONES, CARLOS PACHECO, DOUG MAHNKE, GEORGE PEREZ, SCOTT KOLINS, PHILIP TAN and others
    cover by J.G. JONES
    The event that asked, “What happens when evil wins?” is collected in an omnibus edition that features every tie-in miniseries and chapter, as Superman, Batman and the Justice League must face this reality when Darkseid and his followers win the war between light and dark! Includes BATMAN #676-683 and #701-702, BIRDS OF PREY #118, DC UNIVERSE #0, DC UNIVERSE: THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT #1, FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1, FINAL CRISIS: RESIST #1, FINAL CRISIS: REVELATIONS #1-5, FINAL CRISIS: ROGUES’ REVENGE #1-3, FINAL CRISIS SECRET FILES #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, THE FLASH #240-241, TEEN TITANS #59-60 and TERROR TITANS #1-6.
    ON SALE 12.04.19
    $150.00 US | 1,504 PAGES

HARLEY QUINN AND THE GOTHAM CITY SIRENS OMNIBUS HC NEW EDITION

written by PAUL DINI, PETER CALLOWAY, TONY BEDARD and others
    art by GUILLEM MARCH, ANDRES GUINALDO and others
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are tired of playing by other peoples’ rules regardless of which side of the law they’re on. These tough ladies have a new agenda that’s all their own, and they’ll use any means necessary to pursue it. But can they get along and work as a team? And who will get hurt along the way? Collects GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1-26 and CATWOMAN #83.
    ON SALE 02.05.20
    $75.00 US | 648 PAGES

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 NEW EDITION

written by JERRY SIEGEL
    art by JOE SHUSTER and others
    cover by DARWYN COOKE
    The early adventures of Superman are back in print in this massive hardcover as he battles social injustice and political corruption, fighting for the common man. Includes the first appearances of Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. Collects stories from ACTION COMICS #1-31, NEW YORK WORLD’S FAIR #1, NEW YORK WORLD’S FAIR 1940 and SUPERMAN #1-7.
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $99.99 US | 784 PAGES

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Mighty Member

I don't need another version of it, but that OHC of CoiE would look pretty nice on my shelf next to my impending Zero Hour omni and the Infinite Crisis one.

I'm not really convinced I need FC in the larger format (have issues, Absolute, and tpb, plus collections for the tie-in series), but I might pick it up if I can find it on a steep discount. Flashpoint (seems likely after we get all the new Johns' Flash omnis), Convergence (way less likely) and Metal (absolutely will happen, but probably after we get the Snyder-penned issues together in an Absolute edition, followed by a new tpb w/the same contents) in omni format would complete the seven identified crises in oversized format and look kind of lovely on the shelf.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    WONDER WOMAN BY GAIL SIMONE OMNIBUS
    written by GAIL SIMONE
    art by TERRY DODSON, BERNARD CHANG, AARON LOPRESTI, NICOLA SCOTT and others
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    In these tales of Wonder Woman written by Gail Simone, the Olympians declare war across the globe and only Wonder Woman can stop them! And Wonder Woman’s life is changed forever when she faces a monster named Genocide who easily beats her! Then, at the ends of the universe, Wonder Woman falls victim to the Black Horizon, risking the safety of her soul. To salvage her existence, she must ally herself with the legendary Beowulf. Collects Wonder Woman #14-44 (2008), #600, Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman #1 and a story from the WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1.
    ON SALE 02.26.20
    $75.00 US | 816 PAGES

A day of purchase to be certain!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime