View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.63%
  • Deluxe

    221 39.39%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.64%
  • Absolute

    125 22.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1212 of 1225 FirstFirst ... 2127121112116212021208120912101211121212131214121512161222 ... LastLast
Results 18,166 to 18,180 of 18364
  1. #18166
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Amazon sent an email this morning saying this :

    We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed:

    Giffen, Keith "Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Vol. 1"
    Estimated arrival date: July 29, 2019 - August 05, 2019

    I thought the book had been cancelled. Could it actually be coming out this summer ?
    Last edited by rtk79; 06-19-2019 at 12:51 PM.

  2. #18167
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,143

    Default

    Oh, happy, happy day.

    In Dec 2017 and in Sept 2018, I sent DC long emails on collecting Morrison's Batman run and a pdf copy of a print out of Chris Burnham's old long gone CBR post (he had two, but I only sent one) giving his "Morrison supergeek" reading order for B&R, RoBW, Batman #700-702 (and minus Batman The Return).

    And my god, DC listened (and passed along my suggestions they told me) and in the end gave us that very order in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 2!

    I thank them so much. I'm so happy.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  3. #18168
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh, happy, happy day.

    In Dec 2017 and in Sept 2018, I sent DC long emails on collecting Morrison's Batman run and a pdf copy of a print out of Chris Burnham's old long gone CBR post (he had two, but I only sent one) giving his "Morrison supergeek" reading order for B&R, RoBW, Batman #700-702 (and minus Batman The Return).

    And my god, DC listened (and passed along my suggestions they told me) and in the end gave us that very order in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 2!

    I thank them so much. I'm so happy.
    Well done. I was originally ambivalent about the order, but after seeing how they did Knightfall v2, I'm glad someone intervened. I won't have my copy for a couple weeks, but I'm incredibly excited. Morrison's run is still the highwater mark for me.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  4. #18169
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    Amazon sent an email this morning saying this :

    We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed:

    Giffen, Keith "Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Vol. 1"
    Estimated arrival date: July 29, 2019 - August 05, 2019

    I thought the book had been cancelled. Could it actually be coming out this summer ?
    I hope no one got their hopes up on account of this, because it turns out Amazon was just trolling. They sent me another email saying the LSH book was back to its 2080 release date. Sorry everyone !

  5. #18170
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh, happy, happy day.

    In Dec 2017 and in Sept 2018, I sent DC long emails on collecting Morrison's Batman run and a pdf copy of a print out of Chris Burnham's old long gone CBR post (he had two, but I only sent one) giving his "Morrison supergeek" reading order for B&R, RoBW, Batman #700-702 (and minus Batman The Return).

    And my god, DC listened (and passed along my suggestions they told me) and in the end gave us that very order in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 2!

    I thank them so much. I'm so happy.
    Bold claim

  6. #18171
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    I donít think these have been mentioned yet

    Absolute Batman: The Dark Knight: The Master Race https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/14012996..._BHrdDbZXMVJN8

    Absolute DC: The New Frontier 15th Anniversary Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17795013..._UIrdDbEMSVKY2


    Iím tempted to get new frontier again just for the special that is now included
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.

  7. #18172
    Incredible Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    544

    Default

    How would people map out a 2 volume JLA by Morrison Omnibus set ?

    What would people include in the 2 vol’s ?

  8. #18173
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    How would people map out a 2 volume JLA by Morrison Omnibus set ?

    What would people include in the 2 vol’s ?
    Is this where I make my stand that Aztek needs to be included in the collection for the whole thing to land? Honestly, just concatenating the four collections into two volumes would work just fine. As a completionist, it'd be nice if they filled in the non-Morrison issues just so the omnibuses went 1-41, but I'm fine either way.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  9. #18174
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Since its unlikely Aztek gets its own 12 issue complete TPB anytime, if ever, including it in a Morrison JLA Omni would be a solid idea I could support.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  10. #18175
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm mostly over in the Marvel collected editions thread, but I gotta ask - Alan Moore's Absolute Swamp thing vol. 1 - is it coming out next week or in October??

    Amazon and TOW say October, while IST says next week...

  11. #18176
    Incredible Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is this where I make my stand that Aztek needs to be included in the collection for the whole thing to land? Honestly, just concatenating the four collections into two volumes would work just fine. As a completionist, it'd be nice if they filled in the non-Morrison issues just so the omnibuses went 1-41, but I'm fine either way.
    Im all for that with regards to Aztec. I would want DC One Million in there as well.

  12. #18177
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm mostly over in the Marvel collected editions thread, but I gotta ask - Alan Moore's Absolute Swamp thing vol. 1 - is it coming out next week or in October??

    Amazon and TOW say October, while IST says next week...
    I'm pretty sure October. Both Edelweiss and Penguin Random House say October. DC's website says next week, which was the original date, but I remember back in February it was canceled and quickly solicited again for October. There was an article about what the issue was, but yeah, should be October.

  13. #18178
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute DC: The New Frontier 15th Anniversary Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17795013..._UIrdDbEMSVKY2

    Iím tempted to get new frontier again just for the special that is now included
    The most recent paperback from 2016 already included this special:

    https://www.amazon.com/DC-New-Fronti...gateway&sr=8-1

  14. #18179
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Im all for that with regards to Aztec. I would want DC One Million in there as well.
    I'm a bit torn on this - because there is the giant One Million omni, it'd be kind of cool to break up the two Morrison ones as before and after volumes (of course, I say this as someone that already owns the One Million omni). I would absolutely trade out those 6 issues for Aztek* . Granted, I'm sure DC would change the trade dress so that the three volumes all looked different on the shelves . . .


    *If for some reason it was a "one or the other" situation, which would be weird.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  15. #18180
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The most recent paperback from 2016 already included this special:

    https://www.amazon.com/DC-New-Fronti...gateway&sr=8-1
    Yeah, not a paperback collector, as New Fromtier is one of my favourite stories I’d like to have the whole thing as an absolute, just trying to decide if it’s worth me selling the one I have to get the new expanded one

    What I don’t want is some stupid ‘15th anniversary edition’ banner plastered all over it
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-22-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •