View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    I love that they decided to continue doing their current series in Deluxe format. Justice League by Snyder is a really thick book (408pgs) and just for 39,99$. Looks like a great deal.

Watchmen Companion worth buying?
    It looks like JL is the only series getting deluxe editions.

Also, regarding the price, it's not a bad deal, but there were quite a few >400pg Rebirth Deluxe Editions, and those were $34.99, so it's not an amazing price in that regard.

Looking at the solitations released yesterday I see there is another
    Book I want and that is the Super Friends hard cover book
    That collects Super Friends 1-26 from 1976 and other material

Hopefully a picture and discription will be posted here soon

⬇️ Thank you SEEKER ⬇️
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 08-18-2019 at 04:03 PM.

81WBBMGXKlL.jpg

"Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics Vol. 1
    Inspired by the hit animated TV series, these 1970s tales are collected in a new collection of stories starring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League of America.

From the Hall of Justice come these tales of the Justice League of America, inspired by their hit 1970s animated TV series.
    In these 1970s tales, the entire Justice League of America assembles to battle evil in the form of Queen Hippolyte, the Riddler, the Ocean Monster and many more. These tales are written by DC editor and historian E. Nelson Bridwell with art by classic DC artist Ramona Fradon, best known for her work on AQUAMAN and METAMORPHO.

Collects Super Friends #1-26, Aquateers Meet the Super Friends #1 and Limited Collectors’ Edition #C-41."

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Aquateers are some bad-ass mofos.

Incredible Member

Got my copy of the Joker Bronze Age Omnibus yesterday and have posted some pics of it on the Marvel Masterworks Forum here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...os-t35085.html

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    It looks like JL is the only series getting deluxe editions.

Also, regarding the price, it's not a bad deal, but there were quite a few >400pg Rebirth Deluxe Editions, and those were $34.99, so it's not an amazing price in that regard.
    Yeah I noticed that all main series are HC again but I'm still glad they're doing it even just for one series. I gave up on them doing anything in Deluxe format anymore and puff... that new solic was really surprising.

Yeah first batch of vol.1 Rebirth Deluxes was kinda thick but later ones i.e SUPERMAN REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION VOL 04 HC, got only 280pgs for 34,99. I guess prices went up a little over time.

I still think it's a great deal overall. For comparision Promethea vol.2 Deluxe is also 39,99 but for 344pgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 6 came out the last day of July. All 605 were sold on one day?
    All sales stats are based on distributor sales to retailers, i.e. comic book shops. So technically, the answer to your question is yes, but only to shops. Sales to comic shop customers aren't tracked.

I received the Joker Omnibus today.This may be the new look for DC's omnibus going forward,I don't know.The inside has the expected black cover.The color of the pages are an off white.Bindings not tight and no gutter loss.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DC's Oversized HC sales for July 2019:

128. Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 6 - 605
    I continue to believe that there must be more sales elsewhere unaccounted for in that figure. 600 copies of a book, even one priced as high as one of these omnis, can't be worth it to the publisher. At any rate, I got volume 6 and it's as well done as volume 5. Another well-restored Golden Age book, though when it comes to content I prefer the action and adventures plots of the early 40s to the whimsy of the later 40s. Still enjoyable though.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I continue to believe that there must be more sales elsewhere unaccounted for in that figure. 600 copies of a book, even one priced as high as one of these omnis, can't be worth it to the publisher. At any rate, I got volume 6 and it's as well done as volume 5. Another well-restored Golden Age book, though when it comes to content I prefer the action and adventures plots of the early 40s to the whimsy of the later 40s. Still enjoyable though.
    As I understand it these are North American sales through Diamond. So what‘s missing is

- the rest of the world
    - any online retailer like Amazon or B&N (also globally)

So my guess is that the overall number is quite a bit higher, even if it is still a niche product.

Has anyone read Grant Morrison's run on Green Lantern? I'm thinking of snagging The Green Lantern Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman TPB, but I've seen mixed reviews. If it's anything like Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern, I'm sold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Has anyone read Grant Morrison's run on Green Lantern? I'm thinking of snagging The Green Lantern Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman TPB, but I've seen mixed reviews. If it's anything like Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern, I'm sold.
    It is nothing like Johns' run on GL (which is not a criticism of either run, to be very very clear - I mostly enjoyed Johns and am loving Morrison's so far). The first volume by Morrison is pretty straightforward - Hal is on a mission that takes a number of turns - but it's pretty stripped down; no other emotional spectrum corps, none of the other Earth-based GLs, no entities, no grand legends/prophecies. The art is sublime and it's really a different flavor of story than we've had for GL in quite awhile. I think it's definitely worth a look at some point, but I hate recommending HCs
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    It's nothing like GJ's run. As a matter of fact, it has little to do with Morrison's prior work as well. It *is* somewhat weird, but not in a good way. I keep wondering if this run is somehow meant to be funny, but there's no wit or sense of joy of any kind. A real letdown as far as I'm concerned.
    I tried sticking with it out of loyalty, to no avail. Can't say I thought much of the art either, though it does, at least, fit the writing well

I'm on vol.3 of George Perez's WW omnis, wondering if anyone here has picked up the three John Byrne WW books? Are these standard trim? Trying to decide on grabbing these HC's or waiting for a potential omnibus of the whole run...

Spectacular Member

Has there been any solicitation for Flash by Mark Waid Book 7 yet?