View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Has there been any solicitation for Flash by Mark Waid Book 7 yet?
    No. I'd guess if we see one at all it'll be next spring - I wonder if the Savage Velocity took Waid v7's place (that is, if they hadn't done the Baron collection, they'd have done Waid v7 instead).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    No. I'd guess if we see one at all it'll be next spring - I wonder if the Savage Velocity took Waid v7's place (that is, if they hadn't done the Baron collection, they'd have done Waid v7 instead).
    Really hoping DC doesn't pull their usual shenanigans and stop at the one yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Really hoping DC doesn't pull their usual shenanigans and stop at the one yard line.
    Waid Volume 7 is listed in the same Edelweiss catalog as Savage Velocity:
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4387556&page=2

It says it “Includes Flash #142-150, Flash Secret Files, Speed Force, Flash 80-Page Giant.” So not officially solicited yet but not forgotten or anything. The for sale date listed on edelweiss is May 19, 2020.

EDIT - just realized that bob/.schoonover was the one who posted about the Waid Volume 7 in the first place; maybe he forgot about it between then and his response above

Spring catalog up on Edelweiss
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4387556&page=1

Some interesting tidbits:

Flash by Waid v7 (142-150), leaving just one more volume to wrap up his run and get to Johns
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Waid Volume 7 is listed in the same Edelweiss catalog as Savage Velocity:
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4387556&page=2

It says it “Includes Flash #142-150, Flash Secret Files, Speed Force, Flash 80-Page Giant.” So not officially solicited yet but not forgotten or anything. The for sale date listed on edelweiss is May 19, 2020.

EDIT - just realized that bob/.schoonover was the one who posted about the Waid Volume 7 in the first place; maybe he forgot about it between then and his response above
    I honestly spaced on that. Hilarious. Getting old is so dumb
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I honestly spaced on that. Hilarious. Getting old is so dumb
    Ha, you’re preaching to the choir! Getting old is indeed a pain. But I find I’m forgetful enough that I can get pleasantly surprised at the same news multiple times, so there is a bright side to it.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-28-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I'm on vol.3 of George Perez's WW omnis, wondering if anyone here has picked up the three John Byrne WW books? Are these standard trim? Trying to decide on grabbing these HC's or waiting for a potential omnibus of the whole run...
    Is the 3rd volume out yet? I have the first 2, and they are indeed standard trim. I really wish they'd have gone straight to paperback, so they'd line up next to the 3 Rucka volumes (and the re-cut Perez paperbacks for those that skipped the omnis).

Really hoping they keep the same trade dress for the upcoming Messner-Loebs collection...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I'm on vol.3 of George Perez's WW omnis, wondering if anyone here has picked up the three John Byrne WW books? Are these standard trim? Trying to decide on grabbing these HC's or waiting for a potential omnibus of the whole run...
    I'd be curious too as I loved Perez vol 1 (my WW introduction) and am getting 2 and 3. It seems like Loeb's run isn't really collected though?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

Sorry for the random question, but were there ever any collections of “Action Comics Weekly”? I remember these as a kid but it was hard to keep up because I didn’t always have the money every week or I couldn’t get to the comic shop every week. But when I did it was one of my favorite things because of the variety and mutipart stories. Not sure a collected edition would have the same impact or if any of these stories were any good but thought I’d ask.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Sorry for the random question, but were there ever any collections of “Action Comics Weekly”? I remember these as a kid but it was hard to keep up because I didn’t always have the money every week or I couldn’t get to the comic shop every week. But when I did it was one of my favorite things because of the variety and mutipart stories. Not sure a collected edition would have the same impact or if any of these stories were any good but thought I’d ask.
    Check out Superman: The Power Within TPB

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    The Superman part is collected in the Power within TPB, The Nightwing part is collected in the Nightwing Old friends, new Enemies TPB. As far as I know the rest of the stories is uncollected. I really hope the John Stewart Green Lantern part will be collected at some point.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'd be curious too as I loved Perez vol 1 (my WW introduction) and am getting 2 and 3. It seems like Loeb's run isn't really collected though?
    The back 1/3 of his run was collected as the Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato trade a couple of years ago.

Quite a slap in the face imho, as Loebs wrote all the issues therein and created Artemis, who's arc is the focus of the book.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The back 1/3 of his run was collected as the Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato trade a couple of years ago.

Quite a slap in the face imho, as Loebs wrote all the issues therein and created Artemis, who's arc is the focus of the book.
    That does seem a bit off...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Is the 3rd volume out yet? I have the first 2, and they are indeed standard trim. I really wish they'd have gone straight to paperback, so they'd line up next to the 3 Rucka volumes (and the re-cut Perez paperbacks for those that skipped the omnis).

Really hoping they keep the same trade dress for the upcoming Messner-Loebs collection...
    Yes, vol.3 came out in the last few weeks. The prices aren't bad and I love Byrne typically but I might hold out for an omni given these are standard size. Thanks for the info.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Look like May 12th, 2020, DC Goes to War will come out.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Goes-War-V...gateway&sr=8-2

DCwar.jpg

I might pick up this sampler but would really like to see a proper Sgt. Rock omnibus.