View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Add to the next "orphaned omnibus line" list
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You could be right, though we should wait to see if it shifts a reasonable amount in January. Also, it has Geoff Johns attached to the title so DC may see these Omnibuses through to the end. Let's hope so.
    Something else to remember is that this wasn't solicited to comic shops in the usual manner. Omnibuses can be solicited in the Diamond catalogue up to 9 months in advance, and retailers would normally have about 2 months before final order cut off. For example, the Jeff Lemire Animal Man omnibus was released at the same time as this Flash Omnibus, and was in Diamond's March 2019 catalogue.

I'm not sure why, but retailers were only informed about this omnibus in late September, and they only had three weeks to get orders in. It's entirely possible retailers missed this.

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Joker omni? I love the character but is the book a little disjointed? Also, how much of this is reprinted somewhere else like the Neal Adams Batman omni? Is the build quality still good with the book or has DC officially turned the corner to making mousetrap omnis again?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So DC can say “people didn’t buy this trade of material we’ve released a dozen different times, so clearly there’s no interest in JLI enough to make further omnis”, of course.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    What is everyone’s thoughts on the Joker omni? I love the character but is the book a little disjointed? Also, how much of this is reprinted somewhere else like the Neal Adams Batman omni? Is the build quality still good with the book or has DC officially turned the corner to making mousetrap omnis again?
    I dunno, but you can get it for less than 40 bucks at Amazon right now. I generally like the Bronze Age, so at the discount with coupon, I ordered one earlier today. Check the Good Deals thread for a direct link. Be aware there is a checkbox you can select to get the almost-20 dollars off.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    The binding is very good. No mouse trap this time. This particular omni is printed on a good quality matt, white paper, not shiny high-gloss paper. Thanks to the matt paper the art pops out nicely. I have not read the book yet, however, I can tell you that the Adam's art comes with the original inks.
    Here is the Omnidog's overview/review of the omnibus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbygqLpYlIk
    I hope this will help.

Amazing Member

Think I might be done with DC collected editions until they can get their act together aka finally fire Didio.

Incredible Member

Question for myself and anyone like me:

Why haven't we bought The Killing Joke Absolute Edition? It's an absolute steal at its current price. Shelf space? Love of expensive dining? I can't say.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    So DC can say “people didn’t buy this trade of material we’ve released a dozen different times, so clearly there’s no interest in JLI enough to make further omnis”, of course.
    This is sooooo frustrating! They've collected these same issues across every format, but won't finish the goddamn series for some reason!?

However the trend may be broken if they actually print the solicited JLI vol. 2 omnibus, but I'm not holding my breath...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    What, are you not "excited" about this "visual interpretation"?

Quote Originally Posted by Didio
    “It’s time to move on. Every change we make to the visual interpretation of our packaging is to excite people, and get more people excited about the books themselves.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The interpretation to my visual senses causes nausea...somewhere opposite of excitement.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The new list of upcoming Marvel omni releases just adds salt to DC's wounds...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The new list of upcoming Marvel omni releases just adds salt to DC's wounds...
    Marvel already spiked the ball for 2020. I'm hoping the reprints list that we get Sunday takes the rest of my money for the year. I should probably thank dear old Dan for freeing up so much of my money that I no longer have to despair over who gets it.

D C has plenty of omnibuses and hard covers and trade collections
    Available now I would rather get before I would buy any Marvel Beyond
    What I already had on my radar