View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Yes, thanks for the updates Raffi!

Definitely getting Batman by Morrison 3. Still haven't decided if I'm getting the Moore Swamp Thing in absolute or wait for a possible omni, discouraged by the revisionism either way. Might try a few others...the Deluxe Editions get me to try things I normally wouldn't cause it's such a nice format.
    Same. Definitely getting Batman by Morrison 3 as well. I looked into Justice League International as I wasn’t familiar with it. Apparently the run itself was great but DC totally screwed up the first volume with many printing errors (apparently corrected in a second printing but this isn’t clear on IST - I’m not seeing corrected printing in the title description like I did for fourth world in similar circumstances) and not to mention poor quality scans of the art. With this in mind, I can’t be bothered with the second volume which is a shame because I would be very interested had it been handled properly by DC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Same. Definitely getting Batman by Morrison 3 as well. I looked into Justice League International as I wasn’t familiar with it. Apparently the run itself was great but DC totally screwed up the first volume with many printing errors (apparently corrected in a second printing but this isn’t clear on IST - I’m not seeing corrected printing in the title description like I did for fourth world in similar circumstances) and not to mention poor quality scans of the art. With this in mind, I can’t be bothered with the second volume which is a shame because I would be very interested had it been handled properly by DC.
    "Many printing errors" is complete nonsense. There were exactly two empty speech bubbles and two swapped pages (both corrected in the second printing), that's all. The main problem (and the only serious problem) is the poor quality of the scans.

I bought the first JLI Omnibus, but I surely won't buy the second one, if the quality of scans isn't dramatically improved!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Oh thanks for saying that, I was just wondering about the JLI collections this morning.

Has anyone seen a release date for the Englehart Batman earlier than late April?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    "Many printing errors" is complete nonsense. There were exactly two empty speech bubbles and two swapped pages (both corrected in the second printing), that's all. The main problem (and the only serious problem) is the poor quality of the scans.

I bought the first JLI Omnibus, but I surely won't buy the second one, if the quality of scans isn't dramatically improved!
    If you ask me, those errors alone are too many. This was one of the most anticipated releases for a lot of people. With fourth world and this to just name two high profile examples, it’s clear DC’s quality control is lacking. Shouldn’t be hard to avoid these types of issues. You don’t see Marvel dealing with this type of problem. It’s a shame. They need to do a total revamp of their collections dept.

I wonder what colour spine of 3rd Morrison omni will be. Yellow, Blue and... I kinda dig the design tbh. Much better than Snyder/Capullo that's for sure.

Amazing Member

I think they make something new, to more excite people

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC's Oversized Collected Edition sales for January 2020:

125. Batman: Black & White Omnibus - 685
    165. Aquaman: The Death of a Prince Deluxe Edition OHC - 545
    238. Absolute Death - 395

So with that Dark Knight Golden Child ohc...was there ever a DK3 ohc? I was confused with all the different versions

Amazing Member

Thanks for the updates. Will grab JLI Omni 2, JLA deluxe by Meltzer, and the Sandman deluxe.

Just grabbed the Doom Patrol Omni by Byrne. Is this collection just due to the tv show? I don’t remember this run being particularly memorable but I love this team so happy to get it in Omni form.

Incredible Member

Hell yes to the Demon trilogy, and the Fables compendium. But 800 seems too small for 41 issues + specials for the latter.

Any word on when Lucifer omni v2 might be dropping, or when we may find out the contents of the Morrison JLA omni?

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hell yes to the Demon trilogy, and the Fables compendium. But 800 seems too small for 41 issues + specials for the latter.

Any word on when Lucifer omni v2 might be dropping, or when we may find out the contents of the Morrison JLA omni?
    The now cancelled Absolute Fables Vol 1 was 792 pages and had #1 to 29 and the Last Castle special. I'd say the contents of the compendium will be similar when it's hits the solicits.

Mighty Member

That Dini omni is tempting. I loved his pre-RIP run on 'Tec. Not a huge Hush fan, so I'll have to think about it a bit.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Still waiting on that Hush omnibus....