View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I thought it was but I checked the dimensions on Amazon and they have it at 8 inches tall. Can anyone who has it confirm as to whether it's oversized or standard?
    Standard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2PAquJ_OwM

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Isn't the Batman Universe just a regular hardcover?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiano View Post
    Thanks, I've now deleted it from the list

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DC Oversized Collected Editions Sales for March 2020:

115. Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 4 - 576
    This seems just a tad below the GA number I've been seeing more times than not, 600 being the number.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Thanks, I've now deleted it from the list
    I mean, you could have kept it. I feel 1400 for a reg hardcover is pretty good too

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I mean, you could have kept it. I feel 1400 for a reg hardcover is pretty good too
    Yeah, but then I'd have to include all the other standard HCs and this is just an "Oversized" list

Spectacular Member

I was peeking at the contents of morrisons batman vol 3 omni, and realized that the contents seem basically identical to the batman incorporated absolute that I already own. Am I missing something? Or would this basically be a 1-1 double dip if I bought it?

All-New Member

Has it already been announced on here that there is a Detective Comics Tynion (Rebirth) omni coming in December? It's on Amazon as a preorder. Apologies if already known, I couldn't remember anyone mentioning it before

All-New Member

only recently came to collect collections. Started with well-known authors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Has it already been announced on here that there is a Detective Comics Tynion (Rebirth) omni coming in December? It's on Amazon as a preorder. Apologies if already known, I couldn't remember anyone mentioning it before
    Yeah, it was part of the big catalog release in March - not a lot of discussion about it among all the other reveals
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I was peeking at the contents of morrisons batman vol 3 omni, and realized that the contents seem basically identical to the batman incorporated absolute that I already own. Am I missing something? Or would this basically be a 1-1 double dip if I bought it?
    Funny you say that, I just got into Oversized Collected Editions a year ago and I purchased Batman by Morrison 1 and 2 and Absolute Batman Incorporated to get the whole story. I think the only thing is Batman:The Return One Shot which I had to read on Comixology.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Funny you say that, I just got into Oversized Collected Editions a year ago and I purchased Batman by Morrison 1 and 2 and Absolute Batman Incorporated to get the whole story. I think the only thing is Batman:The Return One Shot which I had to read on Comixology.
    Thanks for the insight, I didnt even notice that missing issue. Was it important to read did you find? I may just pass on the upcoming omnibus if thats the case.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Thanks for the insight, I didnt even notice that missing issue. Was it important to read did you find? I may just pass on the upcoming omnibus if thats the case.
    I am planning to pass on the Omni as I have a list of about 100 I would rather have. I liked the issue, it was a nice single issue detailing Bruce Wayne actually returning from his time trip as taking back on his role. It sells for $20-30 on the secondary market from what I saw which is crazy but it’s worth the $2 or $3 comixology charged me for it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Shazam: The Worlds Mightest Mortal vol.2 HC

I notice this volume skips issues #21-24 why is this? I figured this was collecting the whole 35 issue run from the '73 series. Any insight?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Is the new Jonah Hex HC worth getting? Never read anything like it. Not sure how it’s aged. For those who are familiar with it, could you offer your opinions? Thanks in advance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Shazam: The Worlds Mightest Mortal vol.2 HC

I notice this volume skips issues #21-24 why is this? I figured this was collecting the whole 35 issue run from the '73 series. Any insight?
    Issues #21-24 reprinted older stories from the original Golden Age Captain Marvel titles. Looks like DC is skipping the reprints in the collection.