View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 128 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 28781181241251261271281291301311321381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 21672
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yes it is, but to be honest I'd advise getting the softcover book with the red cover. Or the equivalent book in hardcover. That edition is printed on a lot nicer paper that do the colors (esp. black) a lot better justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yep, Dc Deluxes are almost always 11 inch tall
    Thanks. I would love to buy it this format because I love the Oversized Format, but I see your points and I am a little bit unsure, If I should really just buy the Trade... I will think about it. Thanks a lot anyway!

BANNED

The Doom Patrol has been my most anticipated Omnibus of the whole year and of course this has to happen to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    The Doom Patrol has been my most anticipated Omnibus of the whole year and of course this has to happen to me:
    It's my most anticipated book too and it was finally dispatched 2 days ago. Hope mine will arrive in mint condition. Who was your seller?

Aren't those creases really common for any omnibus?

I've been looking around and I notice Absolute Identity Crisis and Absolute Superman: For Tomorrow are a lot of cheaper now, are these items on clearance? And would you recommend them?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post

I've been looking around and I notice Absolute Identity Crisis and Absolute Superman: For Tomorrow are a lot of cheaper now, are these items on clearance? And would you recommend them?
    I liked Identity Crisis (don't know how is Absolute, I have a HC), but I can't recommend Superman: For Tomorrow. Art is ok there, but story is not.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yeah they are clearanced. IST had a sale some time ago where those were %65 off.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

nope, I have several omnis in perfect condition (all of them ordered online, sent from the UK or US to Hungary, except one).

Incredible Member

Damn, I want that Doom patrol omni but am worried greatly about the size.

Not if they're well packed (assuming they were not like that already prior to shipment). IST has opened my eyes on how well packed these books can be.

As Victor mentioned, they were heavily clearanced by IST a few months ago. I ended up picking them up too, despite not needing any more books to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Damn, I want that Doom patrol omni but am worried greatly about the size.
    I think it depends on sales but based on the Invisibles there is a chance DP will get the deluxe treatment too a a few years from now.
    Do you have any huuuuge omnis? I have some and I'm almost always reading them at a table and don't have any problem with the size (and I'm not even leaning over since my back is not the best).

I dislike the huge omnis, but like Balakin said reading at a table is not an issue at all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nope, I have several omnis in perfect condition (all of them ordered online, sent from the UK or US to Hungary, except one).
    It's rare that mine don't arrive like that, how on earth you manage to receive mint ones I do not know. All mine have slight bumps and dings somewhere on them, par for the course when I order from Amazon etc.

Amazon is the pits for omnis. It's weird because if I order a $10 trade they put it in either the wrap-around box/envelope thing or a reasonable sized box with that inflatable padding. Admittedly, the padding is usually deflated, but at least it shows an effort. I order a $70 omni and they throw it in a far too large box with no protection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    It's rare that mine don't arrive like that, how on earth you manage to receive mint ones I do not know. All mine have slight bumps and dings somewhere on them, par for the course when I order from Amazon etc.
    Luck maybe? I even have mint ones from bookdepository. Also, shops like tfaw and even SpeedyHen has great packaging (I know people are complained about Speedyhen's packiging in case of domestic shipping but my international orders arrived well packaged. Doom Patrol is my first domestic order from them.)

I'd say half of what I've ordered from Amazon shows up slightly dinged in the corners. Since I live in the states I'm lucky enough to order from sites like IST instead. They pack their boxes so well they start taking on more of an oval shape lol. Latest order should finally show up tomorrow.