View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

These massive 1,500+ page tomes are just too cumbersome for me. Really wish they'd split them into at least two volumes. I really appreciate that they did that with Morrison's Batman (for whatever reason) for example.

I plan on getting
    JLA by Morrison Omnibus
    Power Of Shazam deluxe vol 1
    Batman No Mans Land Omnibus
    And maybe something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    These massive 1,500+ page tomes are just too cumbersome for me. Really wish they'd split them into at least two volumes. I really appreciate that they did that with Morrison's Batman (for whatever reason) for example.
    A thousand times this. he books are easier to read, hold up better over time, and DC can get more money by getting people to pay for multiple books. Genuinely curious why they keep putting out these bigger and bigger books.

In for Aquaman and possibly the Superman v. WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    A thousand times this. he books are easier to read, hold up better over time, and DC can get more money by getting people to pay for multiple books. Genuinely curious why they keep putting out these bigger and bigger books.
    I suppose they want to maximise revenue, by getting as much money as possible up front.

Personally, I think a good compromise would be to split these 1500 page books across two volumes, but sell them as single box/slip case set. That way, readers get more a more manageable reading experience, and DC still gets the revenue of a 1500 page omnibus.

The only drawback is that it would increase production costs for DC, therefore eating into profits. On the other hand, I can only imagine this would only increase sales, as it would be more appealing to readers put off by a massive single tome.

Look forward to the final solicitation for Morrison
    JLA omnibus. Either the page count is to high,
    Or it will include the Waid issues, or there is a
    Whole chunk of extra material in the back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Look forward to the final solicitation for Morrison
    JLA omnibus. Either the page count is to high,
    Or it will include the Waid issues, or there is a
    Whole chunk of extra material in the back.
    1500 seems like a placeholder page count - my guess is the listed contents will be more or less it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Interesting omnis, but I'm not being stung by DC again. I'll wait until I see the binding before I buy.

BANNED

I grabbed StormWatch vol 1 & 2 hardcovers for 80 bucks. To me it was a steal because even finding a paperback copy of volume 1 that wasn’t ridiculously expensive was difficult. These are together and in hardcover and pristine condition. They just arrived so I can’t wait to read em

How are the power of shazam books? New user friendly?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

The Morrison JLA Omnibus sounds like an uncomfortable mess. It should have been two volumes and included DC One Million 1-4, as well as JLA Classified 1-3. I'll stick with my deluxe editions. I would love to get a JLA by Mark Waid omnibus some day. His post-Morrison run kind of fell apart eventually, but there were some good stories there. I also love his fill-ins from issues 18-21.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Count me among those who wish it was not Morrison specific(love his stories like I do).
    I much would've preferred a continuous issue JLA Omni with a volume 2 and 3.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I have the Deluxe Editions and I was shocked the Mark Waid Adam Strange stories weren't included. I would have double dipped had they put the complete run but I guess not. I was buying the single issues when they came out and it all felt like part of the same run.

Spectacular Member

I was watching a video Near Mint Condition was doing and Omar said he has reached out to DC but they have not engaged with him the way Marvel has. I’m not sure why DC won’t listen to their customers. Man of Steel by Byrne won a poll for most wanted omni yet that got cancelled. That’s basically a license to print money so it is nonsensical why they don’t give consumers what they want. Same here with the JLA omni. By and large, the vast majority wanted the whole run collected. Once again, a decision that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I was hoping with DiDio gone that there would be positive changes but it looks like more of the same at the moment.

Just placed my order for Robin Bronze Age omnibus and the
    Worlds Finest HC from IST