View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No Cain; Golden Age Sandman, Death, Enigma, and Morpheus.

Wow! No I do not have that I think I am confusing it with a Winter special they had once. I think I actually stopped going to comic stores at this time. Crisis happened and I was too old for comics. This must have looked like comics from Mars. It must have been LCS available only.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Attachment 85888

"Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics Vol. 1
    Inspired by the hit animated TV series, these 1970s tales are collected in a new collection of stories starring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League of America.

From the Hall of Justice come these tales of the Justice League of America, inspired by their hit 1970s animated TV series.
    In these 1970s tales, the entire Justice League of America assembles to battle evil in the form of Queen Hippolyte, the Riddler, the Ocean Monster and many more. These tales are written by DC editor and historian E. Nelson Bridwell with art by classic DC artist Ramona Fradon, best known for her work on AQUAMAN and METAMORPHO.

Collects Super Friends #1-26, Aquateers Meet the Super Friends #1 and Limited Collectors’ Edition #C-41."

From what I see on Amazon, this collection (which was postponed) is now going to be released this month (6/9) and the cover has changed.

There is also going to be a Volume 2 that will collect the rest of the series, issues #27 - #47. This is the current cover, but since the first one changed, this one may as well. According to Amazon, volume 2 is due out mid December.

Last edited by CellarDweller; 06-05-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Wow! No I do not have that I think I am confusing it with a Winter special they had once. I think I actually stopped going to comic stores at this time. Crisis happened and I was too old for comics. This must have looked like comics from Mars. It must have been LCS available only.
    Yeah, pretty sure all Vertigo books were Direct Market only.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I prefer the original covers vs. generic photoshop modern.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Any thoughts on the Garth Ennis Hellblazer? I am loving the Collins Swamp Thing. I read Veitchs Maxi-Mortal and his sidekicks book. Truly strange stuff I want to read his Swamp Thing! He’s a real creator!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Any thoughts on the Garth Ennis Hellblazer? I am loving the Collins Swamp Thing. I read Veitchs Maxi-Mortal and his sidekicks book. Truly strange stuff I want to read his Swamp Thing! He’s a real creator!
    I think Veitch's ST was pretty interesting. He had a lot of good ideas, even when (I assume) he had to tie into the Invasion! event. Doug Wheeler was terrible either. A little wordy and silly at times but I felt like he was also real creative and imaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I prefer the original covers vs. generic photoshop modern.
    Are you talking about solicitations that don’t show what the final cover will look like?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think Veitch's ST was pretty interesting. He had a lot of good ideas, even when (I assume) he had to tie into the Invasion! event. Doug Wheeler was terrible either. A little wordy and silly at times but I felt like he was also real creative and imaginative.
    Wheeler's run had some of the most beautiful painted covers I've ever seen on a monthly basis; Swamp Thing or otherwise. It's just too bad the contents didn't always measure up to the package...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wheeler's run had some of the most beautiful painted covers I've ever seen on a monthly basis; Swamp Thing or otherwise. It's just too bad the contents didn't always measure up to the package...
    I don't fully remember some covers. Isn't big brain Swampy one of those covers? I'm always a sucker for those dreamy pastel covers myself. The Sandman/Black Orchid type art. Gorgeous

I know they have been a mess with what is coming out and then cancelling books, but do we have a list of what is upcoming for DC omnibus?

Batman Superman Omnibus by Loeb should be out very soon

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Are you talking about solicitations that don’t show what the final cover will look like?
    Sorry - I wasn't very clear after rereading my post. I meant I prefer the Omni's/HC's that use original floppies cover art vs. modern day art, or worse, a Photoshop cut and paste job that the Superfriends book appears to have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I know they have been a mess with what is coming out and then cancelling books, but do we have a list of what is upcoming for DC omnibus?
    i think this list is pretty up to date
    https://www.comicbookwire.com/all-up...nuary-of-2021/

Oh good to know they're trying again on that Phantom Stranger omni.

Odds on JSA Omni vol 2 going back into print?