View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Any thoughts on the Garth Ennis Hellblazer? I am loving the Collins Swamp Thing. I read Veitchs Maxi-Mortal and his sidekicks book. Truly strange stuff I want to read his Swamp Thing! He’s a real creator!
    Just ordered on IST. It’ll look weird on the shelf next to the TPBs but I’m a sucker for HC collections of any vertigo book.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Odds on JSA Omni vol 2 going back into print?
    It was first released over 5 years ago, so I'd say the chances of a reprint at this stage are slim enough tbh.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

The comic store called me today, the book came in, so I was able to pick it up. It collects issues #1 - #26. Each story starts with the cover, there is some of the information from the oversized Super Friends comic where Wendy & Marvin meet the Justice League, there is a story called "Aquateers Meet The Super Friends". It also includes the letters columns for the first three issues. There were no letters at that time, so column #1 goes into the origins of Wendy (Harris) and Marvin (White). Column #2 discusses the Super Foes that appeared in the first two issues (The Penguin, Poison Ivy, Toyman, Cheetah, and Human Flying Fish). Column #3 discusses why the 5 original heroes were picked to be in The Super Friends.

Here is the back cover.

and here is what the inside looks like.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So I have the Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition v4 and the hardcovers from 994 on up. But DC hasn’t reprinted #983-993. Did I miss something?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Was that the James Robinson stuff? I would assume lack of interest in those post-Tynion, pre-Tomasi issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So I have the Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition v4 and the hardcovers from 994 on up. But DC hasn’t reprinted #983-993. Did I miss something?
    Those were filler arcs - a one off, then Bryan Hill's pre-Outsiders story, then a Robinson Two-Face story.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I'm currently reading (and enjoying) the 52 Omnibus, and I see a JLA by Brad Metlzer HC is coming out next month. I did a little research but it wasn't clear; does this follow directly after the 52 omni issues?

Mighty Member

PRH Fishing Time!

Superman by Morrison Omnibus (New 52): http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779508133

Fourth World Anniversary Collection: http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779508058

Green Lantern: Circle of Fire: http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509055

Wonder Woman by WML v2: http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779507488

Crisis on Multiple Earths new cut (looks like v1 and 2): http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779507532

LoSH: Before the Darkness v1: http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779507594
    Should be one more volume to run up to (hopefully a re-release of) The Great Darkness Saga

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I'm currently reading (and enjoying) the 52 Omnibus, and I see a JLA by Brad Metlzer HC is coming out next month. I did a little research but it wasn't clear; does this follow directly after the 52 omni issues?
    More or less, yeah. It's the first JLA story post Infinite Crisis/52

Incredible Member

Someone just posted this on the MMW boards

Batman & Superman Generations Omnibus

Collects Superman & Batman: Generations An Imaginary Tale #1-4, which follows Superman and Batman from the beginning with stories taking place 10 years after the previous one. Superman & Batman: Generations II #1-4, where the stories take leaps of 11 years, ending in the year 2019. And Superman & Batman: Generations III #1-12, which begins in the year 1925 and jumps to 100 years in the future in each story, while featuring characters from future timelines and Jack Kirby's New Gods.

Legion of Superheroes: Before the Darkness Vol 1

collects Legion of Super-Heroes #260-271and Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes #1-3.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=bob.schoonover;5012769]PRH Fishing Time!

Green Lantern: Circle of Fire: http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509055

According to PRH this new edition contains
    Green Lantern #129-136, Green Lantern/Firestorm #1, Green Lantern/Adam Strange #1, Green Lantern/Atom #1, Green Lantern/Green Lantern #1, Green Lantern/Power Girl #1, and Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1-2.

Vs The old TPB which had Green Lantern and Adam Strange #1, Green Lantern and Firestorm the Nuclear Man #1, Green Lantern and Green Lantern #1, Green Lantern and Power Girl #1, Green Lantern and the Atom #1, & Green Lantern: Circle Of Fire #1–2.

It looks like they are moving onto the Judd Winnick run for Kyle Rayner reprints (129-181 when the series ended), wonder if they will go back an finish off releasing the Marz & others issues from issue 66-128

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Legion of Superheroes: Before the Darkness Vol 1

collects Legion of Super-Heroes #260-271and Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes #1-3.
    Presumably there will a be a "Before the Darkness" Vol. 2, because the latest printing of "TGDS" starts with issue #284, and includes several prologue issues already...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

[QUOTE=JAG2045;5012872]
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    PRH Fishing Time!

According to PRH this new edition contains
    Green Lantern #129-136, Green Lantern/Firestorm #1, Green Lantern/Adam Strange #1, Green Lantern/Atom #1, Green Lantern/Green Lantern #1, Green Lantern/Power Girl #1, and Green Lantern: Circle of Fire #1-2.

Vs The old TPB which had Green Lantern and Adam Strange #1, Green Lantern and Firestorm the Nuclear Man #1, Green Lantern and Green Lantern #1, Green Lantern and Power Girl #1, Green Lantern and the Atom #1, & Green Lantern: Circle Of Fire #1–2.

It looks like they are moving onto the Judd Winnick run for Kyle Rayner reprints (129-181 when the series ended), wonder if they will go back an finish off releasing the Marz & others issues from issue 66-128
    My two orphaned Kyle Rayner trades hope they do...

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Adset;5013160]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

My two orphaned Kyle Rayner trades hope they do...
    So do mine!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Didio had made it clear that he didn't like high numbered trade volumes; with him gone, I don't see why they can't go back and release some of the previously solicited books that were canceled in recent years. Continue putting the number on the back cover as opposed to the spine, if that makes them feel better.

Granted, it's highly unlikely, but one can dream...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES