View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 focuses on Infinity Inc.:

Detective Comics #558
    DC Comics Presents #86
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #44
    The Losers Special
    Legends Of The DC Universe - Crisis On Infinite Earths
    Infinity Inc. #18-25
    Infinity Inc. Annual #1
    Justice League Of America #244-245
    The New Teen Titans (Vol. 2) #13-14

Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 3 has a broader range:

Amethyst (Vol. 2) #13
    The Omega Men #31, 33
    Blue Devil #17-18
    Wonder Woman #327-329
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #46
    Legion Of Super-Heroes (Vol. 3) #16, 18
    Superman #413
    DC Comics Presents #95, 87
    Superman #414
    Justice League Of America Annual #3
    Superman #415
    DC Comics Presents #88, 94
    Thanks! I am curious how well it reads together.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 focuses on Infinity Inc.:

Detective Comics #558
    DC Comics Presents #86
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #44
    The Losers Special
    Legends Of The DC Universe - Crisis On Infinite Earths
    Infinity Inc. #18-25
    Infinity Inc. Annual #1
    Justice League Of America #244-245
    The New Teen Titans (Vol. 2) #13-14

Crisis On Infinite Earths Companion - Deluxe Edition Vol. 3 has a broader range:

Amethyst (Vol. 2) #13
    The Omega Men #31, 33
    Blue Devil #17-18
    Wonder Woman #327-329
    Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) #46
    Legion Of Super-Heroes (Vol. 3) #16, 18
    Superman #413
    DC Comics Presents #95, 87
    Superman #414
    Justice League Of America Annual #3
    Superman #415
    DC Comics Presents #88, 94
    I was always hoping that DC would put out a Crisis on Infinite Earth Omnibus with all the crossovers slipped in between the main issues in reading order.

If the deluxes weren't that expensive I would contemplate ripping them apart and getting 2 custom bound omnis made up

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How about the Final Crisis Omnibus? Anyone bought the that? My Absolute edition is falling apart and I am tempted / scared to replace. Do folks appreciate the complete saga in one book?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How about the Final Crisis Omnibus? Anyone bought the that? My Absolute edition is falling apart and I am tempted / scared to replace. Do folks appreciate the complete saga in one book?
    Boy, I wish DC would do a new printing of Absolute Final Crisis. I don't know anyone whose absolute edition didn't start falling apart immediately. I would say that like a lot of Morrison-led crossovers (like DC One Million), the omnibus edition loses some focus during the issues that Morrison himself isn't involved with. It's still a nice omnibus and a satisfying reading experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Boy, I wish DC would do a new printing of Absolute Final Crisis. I don't know anyone whose absolute edition didn't start falling apart immediately. I would say that like a lot of Morrison-led crossovers (like DC One Million), the omnibus edition loses some focus during the issues that Morrison himself isn't involved with. It's still a nice omnibus and a satisfying reading experience.
    Mine has shockingly stayed intact. I've read it twice. No binding separation.

Just ordered this omni finally, never owned any other edition though. It disappeared from IST so I worried it was getting hard to find so I pulled the trigger. Pricey book but I just finished the 52 omnibus and quite enjoyed it, looking forward to continuing this period.

Isn't that book super chunky? I would imagine that will start fall apart after a while as well, although maybe not to the extent the defective Absolute does.

As for the "complete saga" thing, some people might disagree, but I really think you don't need anything else other than the issues wrote by Morrison.
    He didn't write the event with other writers' tie ins in mind, he just did this crazy big experimental meta story and then dropped the mic.
    I would rather just get a new edition paperback and do a custom bind if you really want a hardcover or maybe try to fix the absolute somehow (no clue how), but that's just my opinion, there are probably people out there who enjoyed the tie in stuff just as much as the main story.

I haven't read any of it so it'll all be new to me. Already got the omni delivered and yeah it's giant, maybe the biggest one yet lol. These behemoths don't bother me at all, but if you don't like the bigger omnis then this one will make you cry.

Anyone buy the Matt Wagner batman collection that just came out?

Incredible Member

Has there been any update re: Snyder Batman omni vol 2?

Also, I'm eyeing the Justice League International omni vol 1, but on Amazon I'm seeing reviews about shoddy printing and missing bubbles. Is this accurate? Was there ever a corrected version and how can I ensure I'm ordering that one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Has there been any update re: Snyder Batman omni vol 2?

Also, I'm eyeing the Justice League International omni vol 1, but on Amazon I'm seeing reviews about shoddy printing and missing bubbles. Is this accurate? Was there ever a corrected version and how can I ensure I'm ordering that one?

Thanks
    I was looking to buy it as well. The second printing corrected the bubbles but the line art is poorly reproduced in both versions of the omni. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell the difference between printings without opening the books.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Anyone buy the Matt Wagner batman collection that just came out?
    I bought it......haven't cracked it yet, but I own all the content inside in singles and a few trades. I like Wagner alot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I was looking to buy it as well. The second printing corrected the bubbles but the line art is poorly reproduced in both versions of the omni. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell the difference between printings without opening the books.
    Thanks for the info. Are those same issues available in fat softcover or something?

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thanks for the info. Are those same issues available in fat softcover or something?
    There appears to be four paperbacks available. I found the first one at a LCS and picked it up. That's what spurred my interest in the full omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    There appears to be four paperbacks available. I found the first one at a LCS and picked it up. That's what spurred my interest in the full omni.
    These are available digital only. The printed versions of these paperbacks are from 2009/2010 and are long OOP now.

There's a new paperback series which started 2020:

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...4227889&sr=8-1

Book 2 is annouced for 2021:

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...4227975&sr=8-1

Of course, like 90% of all DC paperback series, this will be simply cancelled at some point and remain incomplete, so better buy the Omnibus ...