View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Morrsion's Batman Omni vol 3 is a no show too - unless it already sold out.
    CGN has it for 8/25, so I assume it's just been pushed back a week

The covers for most of the September collections have been updated on the Edelweiss site. Here are some of next month's omnis:

Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Late Vol 1

Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters Saga Vol 1

Wrath of the Spectre Omnibus

The Batman GA Omnibus Vol 8 seems to be the only book that doesn't have a finalised cover yet, but I wouldn't read too much into that. The others were only updated yesterday, so there could be just a delay with the last one.
    Last edited by Brian; 08-19-2020 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Tried to reduce image sizes

And here's another omni and a long sought for deluxe.

Animal Man by Grant Morrison Deluxe Edition Vol 2 (Interesting that they retained the DC Vertigo logo for this book)

Batman by Paul Dini Omnibus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Wrath of the Spectre Omnibus
    I think it’s a combination of the dirt on his head and the expression on his face; but damn if he doesn’t look less like a man rising from the grave, and more like an ‘80s movie bully that the losers just dropped a load of manure on.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but I just noticed that the contents for the Grant Morrison JLA Omnibus have been updated on UCS's site. It's going to include:
    JLA #1-17, #22-26, #28-31, #34, #36-41,
    JLA: Secret Files #1
    New Year’s Evil Prometheus #1,
    JLA/WildC.A.T.S. #1,
    DC One Million #1-4,
    Green Lantern #1000000, Starman #1000000, Detective Comics #1000000, JLA #1000000, Adventures of Superman #1000000, Martian Manhunter #1000000, Resurrection Man #1000000, Superman: Man of Tomorrow #1000000,
    DC One Million 80-Page Giant,
    JLA: Earth 2,
    JLA: Classified #1-3, and
    Secret Origins #46

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I don't think this has been posted yet, but I just noticed that the contents for the Grant Morrison JLA Omnibus have been updated on UCS's site. It's going to include:
    JLA #1-17, #22-26, #28-31, #34, #36-41,
    JLA: Secret Files #1
    New Year’s Evil Prometheus #1,
    JLA/WildC.A.T.S. #1,
    DC One Million #1-4,
    Green Lantern #1000000, Starman #1000000, Detective Comics #1000000, JLA #1000000, Adventures of Superman #1000000, Martian Manhunter #1000000, Resurrection Man #1000000, Superman: Man of Tomorrow #1000000,
    DC One Million 80-Page Giant,
    JLA: Earth 2,
    JLA: Classified #1-3, and
    Secret Origins #46
    Sounds good, love the content.....I'm going to have to get this one.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Sounds good, love the content.....I'm going to have to get this one.
    Dang, as disappointed as I am that they're not including Waid's issues, it's super cool that they're including all of the relevant DC One Million content. I've always considered that an essential part of Morrison's run. This Omnibus is going to be gigantic. I hope they don't cancel the deluxe version of Waid's fill-in issues and Tower of Babel. If they follow that up with another deluxe or a little Omni of the rest of Waid's run, I'll be pretty happy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Dang, as disappointed as I am that they're not including Waid's issues, it's super cool that they're including all of the relevant DC One Million content. I've always considered that an essential part of Morrison's run. This Omnibus is going to be gigantic. I hope they don't cancel the deluxe version of Waid's fill-in issues and Tower of Babel. If they follow that up with another deluxe or a little Omni of the rest of Waid's run, I'll be pretty happy.
    It seems that your wish will be fulfilled. The Tower of Babel Deluxe will include Waid's earlier issues, at least at the moment.

'JLA: The Tower of Babel The Deluxe Edition also includes earlier JLA stories written by Waid, including a space-faring mission guest-starring Adam Strange, and the Justice League investigating mysterious destruction in Gotham City. Plus, it's gorilla warfare in a story by Len Kaminski and Jason Orfalas--the start of the aptly named "JLApe" event, where the JLA members are transformed into apes!

This volume collects JLA #18-21, #32-33, #43-46, and JLA Annual #3.'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jla-Tower-B...7881337&sr=8-1

I had missed the Tower of Babel Deluxe news. Nice! I’m all over that.

And Morrison’s JLA, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Yeah, I originally didn't plan to buy this omnibus, as I figured it was simply Morrison's JLA run.....But all those other issues added in? It's a must-grab for me, especially as a Morrison fan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Yeah, I originally didn't plan to buy this omnibus, as I figured it was simply Morrison's JLA run.....But all those other issues added in? It's a must-grab for me, especially as a Morrison fan.
    To clarify, the other issues still won’t be in the omni. You’ll have to get the Tower of Babel deluxe and the Omni. Still will be missing an issue or two. I will get the Omni now as I can fill most of the gap with the deluxe.

Bleh, that JLA omni/deluxe collection is not ideal to me at all. Good bit of double dipping if you own the Earth 2 deluxe and DC One Million omnibus already. And what's up with 27, 35, and 42 missing? And the rest of Waid's run? I would have really preferred if they had collected it chronologically in 25-30 issue chunks(which would collect the entirety of the series in about 4 books) and not broken it up like this. I'm on the fence for both right now.
    Last edited by ER Prest; 08-19-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

100 BULLETS OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    art by EDUARDO RISSO
    cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $150.00 US | 1,376 PAGES | FC
    7.0625" x 10.875"
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-742-6
    The Eisner Award-winning series that redefined crime comics is collected in omnibus format for the first time!
    If you were given a gun and 100 untraceable bullets, would you seek vengeance? That’s the offer Agent Graves presents ordinary citizens, giving them an opportunity to exact revenge on those who wronged them, along with full immunity for their actions—even murder.
    The team of writer Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso weave a web of intrigue, crime, conspiracy, and deception as Agent Graves manipulates his “clients” including Dizzy Cordova, who is given the chance to avenge her family’s murders, and a downtrodden bartender receiving the opportunity to exact revenge against the woman who ruined his life.
    Collects 100 Bullets #1-58 and a tale from Vertigo: Winter’s Edge #3.

THE AMAZING WORLD OF SUPERMAN (TABLOID EDITION) HC
    written by BILL FINGER, E. NELSON BRIDWELL, and others
    art by CURT SWAN, WAYNE BORING, and others
    cover by CURT SWAN and MURPHY ANDERSON
    ON SALE 4/13/21
    $19.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    10" x 13.5"
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-918-5
    The 1973 tabloid reprinting the origin of the Man of Steel is back in a new hardcover edition!
    This classic collection also includes the story of Lex Luthor’s sinister visit to the theme park called Superman Land, Superboy stories, plus features like a map of Krypton, “How to Draw Superman,” “Superman Family Portrait,” and more!
    Includes a giant map of Krypton, plus stories from Action Comics #210, Superman #170, Superman Annual #2 and #6, and more!

THE FLASH BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art by SCOTT KOLINS, HOWARD PORTER, ALBERTO DOSE, and others
    cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    ON SALE 1/19/21
    $99.99 US | 872 PAGES | FC | DC
    7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-750-1
    Geoff Johns brought new life to the Flash and his Rogues during his years writing the Scarlet Speedster, and this omnibus collects the second half of his stint on the series, highlighted by the onslaught of new nemesis Hunter Zolomon—a.k.a. Zoom!
    This collection also includes a trip to Gorilla City, turmoil among the Rogues, and a meet-up with Wonder Woman, as the Cheetah and Zoom team up against our heroes! It all leads to “Rogue War,” as the Flash’s greatest enemies battle each other, and Zoom’s final—and very personal attack—against Wally! Collects The Flash #192-225, Wonder Woman #214, and The Flash: The Secret of Barry Allen #1.