View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was tempted to buy it for the oversized format and the 7 extra pages, but I'm not so crazy about the 3D issues, so I just bought the hc (hope it will be in good shape when it arrives. It was really annoying trying to find the right edition, with the crossovers for a good price, since a lot of the online sellers are listing the 240 page version with the same isbn )
    I didn't know there were two versions of the standard hardcover.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post

Thanks for the pics momaw. Nice looking Omnibus with a beautiful cover, although the card underneath as you say doesn't look too great. Those are some seriously large white borders on the inside.

Wait, the origin of the JLA is that they are tree people? Hope that makes it into the movie

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I didn't know there were two versions of the standard hardcover.
    I think the 240 pages long is the europian eiditon with Darkseid on the cover, instead of Superman with Batman's corpse, published by Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for the pics momaw. Nice looking Omnibus with a beautiful cover, although the card underneath as you say doesn't look too great. Those are some seriously large white borders on the inside.
    The Silver Age Green Lantern omni's have huge boarders too. That's why the glued binding on those doesn't bother me because there's no gutter loss. I wish they hadn't stopped at Vol 2. I need to find some time the read this JLA omni. Flicking through it, it looks like so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Wait, the origin of the JLA is that they are tree people? Hope that makes it into the movie
    You didn't know this? Sheesh, call yourself a comic book fan. :rolleyes:

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Oh I though the GLC stuff started before Sinestro Corp War, not at the start of the run. Guess it wouldn't work then.

This reading order seems to agree with me:

http://www.readingorders.com/ReadingOrder/GreenLantern

So they could be collecting it all then, guess we will never know unless someone asks DC.
    Given DC's latest track record, I suspect this will get corrected prior to publication. The case to include GLC and the specials is way more compelling than the first few JSA issues. That being said I will likely cancel my order if the omnibus doesn't include the GLC stuff.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

latest haul and a late bday present... signed Batman & Son HC! I have awesome friends.

Oh I though the GLC stuff started before Sinestro Corp War, not at the start of the run. Guess it wouldn't work then.

This reading order seems to agree with me:

http://www.readingorders.com/ReadingOrder/GreenLantern

So they could be collecting it all then, guess we will never know unless someone asks DC.
    I have no idea what you're talking about now. That web site explicitly shows that the Sinestro Corps War is laid out exactly as I explained. The first omnibus according to your socilit goes to the very end of the Sinestro Corps War, but doesn't include any of the GLC chapters or the other 3 Tales chapters.

Of course Green Lantern Corps itself started before the Sinestro Corps War, but it doesn't start intertwining story-wise with Johns' GL until then.

Incredible Member

So I'm going to start working on the OOP books section, I will take any and all suggestions for oversized DC Hardcovers that are OOP.
    Infinite Crisis omnibus seems to OOP by all accounts.

I don't know about the status of the other volumes but the usual suspects are JLA Deluxe Volume 2, Ex Machina Deluxe Volume 4 (with these getting TPB reprints now I don't see DC keeping the hardcovers in print) and Gotham Central Volume 2.

I know the last ones not oversized but its a perennial white whale in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for the Final Crisis info. I'm wondering whether to bite or wait. I just spent a packet on 6 Marvel Omnibuses/OHCs, therefore my coffers have been rapidly diminished
    I'm a big fan of Final Crisis. It's a book that you will (likely) read multiple times, and the Absolute format is incredible. It was my 2nd Absolute purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    It's a book that you will (likely) read multiple times
    or set it on fire and throw out of the window.
    But if you like it, you should check The Return of Bruce Wayne, it's as much of a continuation/aftermath of FC than part of the Batman storyline.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    A question. Do you guys sell your TPB after you get the absolute of a certain story? I don't know whether its worth it to keep them around if I'm always going to read the absolutes.
    Depends. I have some that I sold off or gave away and some that I have kept. An absolute does not leave the house for any friend or family to borrow. If I want to share something that I wish to promote, then the smaller books are the ones that I can let go out of the house.

Thanks for your input everyone. I think I'll sell off my tpbs. Its not like my friends or family respect it as a medium so I have no one to lend to.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    What condition do you usually get them in? I'm a bit reluctant to order from ebay, but if I can save a quite a bit on a book I want it's tempting. What condition do you guys who order from ebay expect your comic books to show up in?
    I gotta say I've been very lucky (and attentive) in this regard. All-Star superman was from a glitch so brand new, for Hush and Watchmen i simply looked at the pictures the sellers had provided on ebay. Both were in excellent condition. Also another great thing about the absolutes are those slipcases, so even if there is any damage the book inside will be unscathed. Now I want to get New Frontier and Long Halloween before DC increase their MSRP for the next reprint.

Does anyone here have the Justice League International HCs? What is the binding? Is there any supplemental material? Pics would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Cap'n_RDM; 05-06-2014 at 01:48 PM.