View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Amazing Member

Green Arrow by Grell has been 9/2 for a while on IST updated release schedule. CGN had it available for purchase last week so I ordered one, no idea if it will ship before 9/2 or not.

Man, between Grell GA, Spectre, Wolverine, Black Widow, Cloak and Dagger, and ASM 2 all potentially dropping in the same week - some people's wallets gonna huuuurt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I looked on Amazon, and, if the description for omnibus vol 3 is accurate, it's the exact same content as the absolute.

I already have the absolute (Which I prefer), so I'll pass on that omnibus.
    On the flip side, with this information confirmation I'm prob gonna sell my Absolute to fund the omnibus purchase. I just find absolute sized books harder to read

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Man, between Grell GA, Spectre, Wolverine, Black Widow, Cloak and Dagger, and ASM 2 all potentially dropping in the same week - some people's wallets gonna huuuurt
    LoSH 5YL and Batman by Dini both drop on the same day next month (according to CGN), which is when I'll also order Batman by Morrison v3, Grell GA, and probably a couple smaller books. I might have my USPS lady assault me on that delivery. Or maybe I should just split that into two orders (for her sake?)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    On the flip side, with this information confirmation I'm prob gonna sell my Absolute to fund the omnibus purchase. I just find absolute sized books harder to read
    I think Absolutes are cool as ****. I consider it the widescreen of comic books.

Incredible Member

Any preview or word on the reprint of "Absolute: Dark Knight"? The original build didn't feel quite up to the quality of current Absolute editions and the dust jacket was a bit of a pain. I'm hoping they've made some improvements.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That would be mine. May have to cut some from the list. Game time decision. I do already have the JMS ASM vol.2 though and don't need Wolverine, got the first print.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That would be mine. May have to cut some from the list. Game time decision. I do already have the JMS ASM vol.2 though and don't need Wolverine, got the first print.
    I’ll be getting Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 3, The Wrath of the Spectre Omnibus, Amazing Spider-Man Straczynski Omnibus Vol 2, Wolverine Omnibus and Green Arrow Longbow Hunters Omnibus Vol 1. Black Widow was an easy cut as it’s mostly older material and just collects appearances through the years so no actual runs in there. The only one I was unsure of was Cloak and Dagger. If that was the only omni out in a given week I might’ve bought it but I’ll have to pass. Just too many things coming out all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm actually pretty similar - but I forgot BatMorrison 3, which I'm getting. I haven't read all of the Inc stuff, whereas I had read the contents of 1 and 2 as floppies. I'm eager to revisit it the whole thing. I have GA in floppies, but I love this Grell run, so I don't mind buying it again. I have the JMS stuff in the old OHC books, so it's a pass for me. Wolvie I sold when the reprint was announced since mine wasn't in great condition, so I'm looking forward to having it again. Spectre is a probably, but am on the fence with BW and C&D

Incredible Member

Omar has posted a vid of Sept solicits

Thankfully it sounds like Batman: Knight Out will contain Detective Comics 703-718 (as the original solicit skipped issue 716 for no discernible reason!) which plugs the gap of Detective Comics between Contagion/Legacy and Cataclysm/NML

Incredible Member

Dustin Nguyen has posted some pics of the upcoming Batman by Paul Dini omnibus

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEIZJ7LD8QB/

Incredible Member

Saw Flash: Savage Velocity at my LCS today and can confirm it contains Flash 1-18 and Annual 1

So the current standing of Flash volume 2 in collections is:

• The Flash: Savage Velocity - The Flash issues #1-18 and Flash Annual #1
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 19-61 & Annual 2-3 and some of Flash Special #1
    • Flash by Mark Waid 1 - 62-68 & Annuals 4-5
    • Flash by Mark Waid 2 - 69-79 & Annual 6 plus some GL & JLI crossovers
    • Flash by Mark Waid 3 - 80-94
    • Flash by Mark Waid 4 - #0 & #95-105 & Annual #8.
    • Flash by Mark Waid 5 - #106-118 and Impulse #10-11
    • Flash by Mark Waid 6 - #119-129, Green Lantern & The Flash: Faster Friends 1-2, Flash Plus
    Nightwing #1, Showcase '96 #12 and a story from DC Universe Holiday Bash #1
    • Flash by Grant Morrison & Mark Millar - 130-141 plus GL & GA crossovers
    • Flash by Mark Waid 7 - Flash #142-150, Life Story of the Flash, Flash Secret Files, Speed Force, Flash 80-Page Giant
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 151-163
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 1 - 164-176 & Iron Heights
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 2 - 177-188, OWAW tie in, Flash/Superman 1st, SF&O 3
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 3 - 189-200
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 4 - 201-213
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 5 - 214-225 and #1/2 and Wonder Woman #214
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 226-247
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 6 (Barry Allen series)- Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge #1-3, The Flash: Rebirth #1-6, and Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JAG2045; 08-29-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Saw Flash: Savage Velocity at my LCS today and can confirm it contains Flash 1-18 and Annual 1

So the current standing of Flash volume 2 in collections is:

• The Flash: Savage Velocity - The Flash issues #1-18 and Flash Annual #1
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 19-61 & Annual 2-3 and some of Flash Special #1
    • Flash by Mark Waid 1 - 62-68 & Annuals 4-5
    • Flash by Mark Waid 2 - 69-79 & Annual 6 plus some GL & JLI crossovers
    • Flash by Mark Waid 3 - 80-94
    • Flash by Mark Waid 4 - #0 & #95-105 & Annual #8.
    • Flash by Mark Waid 5 - #106-118 and Impulse #10-11
    • Flash by Mark Waid 6 - #119-129, Green Lantern & The Flash: Faster Friends 1-2, Flash Plus
    Nightwing #1, Showcase '96 #12 and a story from DC Universe Holiday Bash #1
    • Flash by Grant Morrison & Mark Millar - 130-141 plus GL & GA crossovers
    • Flash by Mark Waid 7 - Flash #142-150, Life Story of the Flash, Flash Secret Files, Speed Force, Flash 80-Page Giant
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 151-163
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 1 - 164-176 & Iron Heights
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 2 - 177-188, OWAW tie in, Flash/Superman 1st, SF&O 3
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 3 - 189-200
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 4 - 201-213
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 5 - 214-225 and #1/2 and Wonder Woman #214
    • CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED - Flash 226-247
    • Flash by Geoff Johns 6 (Barry Allen series)- Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge #1-3, The Flash: Rebirth #1-6, and Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3
    Thanks for the post. Summarizes it very well. I would think Loebs run being collected will be helped immeasurably if Savage Velocity sells well. Who wrote 151-163? Is that Waid as well? Also, with the remapping of the Johns Flash omnis I think there was hope that there would be a third omni that would collect 226-247 but not sure if we are getting this. I recall the new Flash Johns omni Vol 1 did not sell particularly well yet they still released Vol 2 so let’s hope they go ahead with a Vol 3. Already getting the Flashpoint omni so a Johns Vol 3 would give us almost everything. Will cross my fingers for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thanks for the post. Summarizes it very well. I would think Loebs run being collected will be helped immeasurably if Savage Velocity sells well. Who wrote 151-163? Is that Waid as well? Also, with the remapping of the Johns Flash omnis I think there was hope that there would be a third omni that would collect 226-247 but not sure if we are getting this. I recall the new Flash Johns omni Vol 1 did not sell particularly well yet they still released Vol 2 so let’s hope they go ahead with a Vol 3. Already getting the Flashpoint omni so a Johns Vol 3 would give us almost everything. Will cross my fingers for it.
    No problem at all! And yeah I hope we get all of the remaining Messner-Loebs run as well!

151-163 was written by:
    • 151-159 is by Waid & Augustyn
    • 160 is Augustyn
    • 161 is Pat McGreal
    • 162 is Augutyn
    • 163 is Pat McGreal

So hopefully they will just do “Flash by Waid” volume 8 and not skip 161-163 even if it is titled “Flash by Waid”

For the rest of Wally’s time following Johns departure it is a real hodgepodge of writers in a 3 year period:

• 226 by Stuart Immonen
    • 227-230 by Joey Cavalieri
    • 231-232 by Waid
    • 233-236 Waid & John Rogers
    • 237 by Keith Champagne
    • 238-243 by Tom Peyer
    • 244-247 by Alan Burnett

So a non-creator title would be best, something like “Flash: The Family Man” due to the high turnover of writers in this period

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I recall the new Flash Johns omni Vol 1 did not sell particularly well yet they still released Vol 2 so let’s hope they go ahead with a Vol 3.
    I’m surprised the new Flash by Johns omnibus didn’t sell, although its possible some collectors already own the original omnis or the 6 TPB’s so didn’t require an upgrade? Flash by Johns Omnibus 2 new edition is scheduled for Jan, I wonder if they will do a new edition of volume 3 also
    Last edited by JAG2045; 08-30-2020 at 03:48 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    No problem at all! And yeah I hope we get all of the remaining Messner-Loebs run as well!

151-163 was written by:
    • 151-159 is by Waid & Augustyn
    • 160 is Augustyn
    • 161 is Pat McGreal
    • 162 is Augutyn
    • 163 is Pat McGreal
    I was kind of surprised that they didn't name Flash by Waid v7 as Flash by Waid and Augustyn v1 - DC loves renumbering and it'd have made sense for collecting the above for v2. Just collecting 151-159 seems pretty slim, so I'd guess they'll do all of it, but you just have to look at the first WML collection of WW (unless they've changed the contents) that omits a couple issues not by him to keep from having a complete run from Perez through Byrne.

I don't have high hopes or expectations for the post-Johns run, but I think we'll see two fat or three medium-sized collections for issues 19-61. It's not like DC has many other options for Flash archival material since they seem allergic to pre-COIE reprints.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm