View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

EARTH ONE BOX SET
    written by GEOFF JOHNS, GRANT MORRISON, and J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    art by GARY FRANK, YANICK PAQUETTE, and SHANE DAVIS
    ON SALE 3/3/21
    $49.99 US | FC | DC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-703-7
    DC’s greatest heroes are redefined from the ground up in this box set collecting three Earth One stories, presenting bold new origin stories for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman!
    Batman: Earth One, from the Doomsday Clock team of Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, presents an all-new take on Batman’s origin, with a fallible, vulnerable, and angry Bruce Wayne embarking on his crime-fighting mission. Wonder Woman: Earth One, from comic book superstars Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette, re-creates Diana of Themyscira’s mythology in a thoroughly modern but still timeless epic. Superman: Earth One, written by Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski and illustrated by acclaimed artist Shane Davis, started the Earth One line, with an unexpected and provocative perspective on Clark Kent’s transformation into Superman and his first year as the Man of Steel.
    This box set collects Batman: Earth One Vol. 1, Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1, and Superman: Earth One Vol. 1.

MANHUNTER BY ARCHIE GOODWIN AND WALTER SIMONSON DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by ARCHIE GOODWIN
    art and cover by WALTER SIMONSON
    ON SALE 1/26/21
    $17.99 US | 112 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-751-8
    The cult-favorite Manhunter epic from the 1970s is collected in a Deluxe Edition hardcover! In 1973, revered comics writer Archie Goodwin teamed with rising star artist Walter Simonson for a short feature in Detective Comics called Manhunter, colored by future superstar artist Klaus Janson! Conceived as a colorful contrast to the dark lead stories starring Batman, Manhunter was adventurer Paul Kirk, who criss-crossed the globe in an espionage caper, with the mysterious Council that trained him in pursuit. The story culminated in a team-up with Batman, with a fateful ending for Manhunter. Collects stories from Detective Comics #437-443, plus the silent epilogue story first published in 1999’s Manhunter: The Special Edition.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL. 5
    written by MARV WOLFMAN, PAUL LEVITZ, GEORGE PÉREZ, ROY THOMAS, and others
    art by EDUARDO BARRETO, ERIK LARSEN, PAT BRODERICK, CURT SWAN, KELLEY
    JONES, and others
    cover by EDUARDO BARRETO
    ON SALE 1/26/21
    $99.99 US | 744 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-473-9
    The New Teen Titans era reaches the finish line in the fifth massive collection of the historic 1980s series! The latest omnibus collection of Marv Wolfman’s celebrated run includes the climactic stories before The New Teen Titans relaunched as The New Titans. See the final battle between the Titans and the Hybrid, Starfire framed for murder by Wildebeest, Mother Mayhem giving birth to Brother Blood’s “Blood Child,” and Hammer and Sickle targeting Red Star for death! Collects The New Teen Titans #32-49, The New Teen Titans Annual #3 and #4, Tales of the Teen Titans #91, Secret Origins #13, Secret Origins Annual #3, and Infinity, Inc. #45.

THE SANDMAN: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO OHC
    written by NEIL GAIMAN
    art by KELLEY JONES, CHARLES VESS, COLLEEN DORAN, MIKE DRINGENBERG, MATT WAGNER, STAN WOCH, SHAWN McMANUS, JOHN BOLTON, JEFFREY JONES, and MICHAEL ZULLI
    cover by MICHAEL WM. KALUTA
    ON SALE 3/2/21
    $49.99 US | 456 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-811-9
    This second book newly collecting Neil Gaiman’s genre-defining series as a Deluxe Edition features bonus content and a new cover! Collects the first two paperback volumes of the acclaimed and enduring Sandman saga, “Fear of Falling” from Vertigo Preview #1, The Sandman #17-31, The Sandman Special #1, and the Vertigo: Winter’s Edge stories “Flowers of Romance,” “A Winter’s Tale,” and “How They Met Themselves.”

SUPERMAN & BATMAN: GENERATIONS OMNIBUS
    written by JOHN BYRNE
    art and cover by JOHN BYRNE
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    $75.00 US | 720 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-940-6
    Imagine a world where Superman and Batman aged naturally from their respective debuts in 1938 and 1939! From their first meeting to their confrontations with the Joker, Lex Luthor, and Mr. Mxyzptlk, their personal relationship continually evolves from best friends to bitter partners and finally respected peers. How would their legacies be passed on to future generations of heroes? This collection, from prolific and acclaimed comics writer/artist John Byrne, spans a century of alternate DC history and features guest stars from across the Multiverse. Collects Superman & Batman: Generations: An Imaginary Tale #1-4, Superman & Batman: Generations II #1-4, and Superman & Batman: Generations III #1-12.

SUPERMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS
    written by GRANT MORRISON and SHOLLY FISCH
    art by RAGS MORALES, ANDY KUBERT, GENE HA, BRENT ANDERSON, BRAD WALKER, CAFU, BEN OLIVER, TRAVEL FOREMAN, CULLY HAMNER, and others
    cover by RAGS MORALES
    ON SALE 2/23/21
    $75.00 US | 672 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-813-3
    In 2011, Grant Morrison joined the New 52 with a new history of Superman! Collecting the entirety of Morrison’s epic saga, this omnibus takes Superman back to his roots. In these startling tales, the people of Metropolis turn on their new champion, and the Superman of today and the Legion of Super-Heroes must save the Superman of five years ago! Plus, President Superman, Nimrod the Hunter, the Forgotten Superman, and more! Collects Action Comics #0-18 and Action Comics Annual #1

SUPERMAN: THE LAST SON DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by GEOFF JOHNS and RICHARD DONNER
    art by ADAM KUBERT, GARY FRANK, and others
    cover by ADAM KUBERT
    ON SALE 3/9/21
    $49.99 US | 288 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-911-6
    Geoff Johns’s two most acclaimed stories of his now-classic Action Comics run, previously collected separately as Superman: Lost Son and Superman: Brainiac, are now in a brand-new hardcover! In a story co-written by Superman film director Richard Donner, a rocket lands in Metropolis containing a boy Superman thinks is from Krypton. Will Superman be able to protect him against Lex Luthor and his new Superman Revenge Squad, as well as the Phantom Zone criminals General Zod, Ursa, and Non? This all sets the stage for Superman’s showdown with one of his greatest foes: Brainiac! Collects Action Comics #844-846, #851, #866-870, and Action Comics Annual #11.

Mighty Member

Decided to order Batman by Dini and LoSH: 5YL right off the bat this morning - after the Grell Green Arrow Omnibus disappeared at the discount places (IST, CGN) after a couple weeks, I'm not risking missing out on those two.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Decided to order Batman by Dini and LoSH: 5YL right off the bat this morning - after the Grell Green Arrow Omnibus disappeared at the discount places (IST, CGN) after a couple weeks, I'm not risking missing out on those two.
    Same. I hesitated on GA because I wasn't sure I wanted to pay so much for the format, and then it was gone before I even realized it was available. Can't risk it with Legion. It's my favorite series.
    Cyclops was right

I ordered the Dini Batman omnibus and Legion 5 year later omnibus
    Kind sucks neither was discounted 50% at IST

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I ordered the Dini Batman omnibus and Legion 5 year later omnibus
    Kind sucks neither was discounted 50% at IST
    Yeah I really miss that perk I think I might have to start preordering from DCBS from now on. Less headache, same result, and they have the books for 50% off. Just the learning curve is stopping me from making the switch... and not sure how the shipping situation is with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Any preview or word on the reprint of "Absolute: Dark Knight"? The original build didn't feel quite up to the quality of current Absolute editions and the dust jacket was a bit of a pain. I'm hoping they've made some improvements.
    Yea, I'd also like to know. Although I sold my original print many years ago, I never noticed any issue, but the Absolute build quality seems hit or miss.

Also is it just a new printing? Nothing new? I kinda wish they would have just done Returns on it's own, or even two hardcovers in the one slipcase.
    Looks like Absolute Dark Knight is an exact reprint, including all the covers presented on a single page at the back. Shame.

All-New Member

BATMAN BY PAUL DINI OMNIBUS HC out of stock already...these omnibuses are getting popular...i was able to grab one before it run out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rorschacharg View Post
    BATMAN BY PAUL DINI OMNIBUS HC out of stock already...these omnibuses are getting popular...i was able to grab one before it run out.
    Its still in stock on Amazon.com if that helps

Damn, the Dini omni sold out in one day!

I snoozed, I losed - just one day!