View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is really nothing short of a miracle! I can't think of another instance off the top of my head - I'm sure someone else can - where there was such a delay between a vol. 1 and 2.
    Shade, The Changing Man may have come close. Vol. 1 was out for years, and appeared abandoned, until they put out 2 and 3 almost back to back. Of course we never saw vol. 4, but that's another story...
    Im convinced, especially with the state of DC these days, Shade will NEVER get collected. I ended up buying Milligan's full run in single issues during a LCS sale recently for this reason.

The only other major delays I can think of for trades similar to Animal Man is over at Marvel. They technically still arent even out yet. Hickman's Fantastic Four Complete Collection Vol 3 has been missing for a year and a half. Vol 2 came out summer 2019. Vol3 is slated for 2021. Same for Man Thing Vol 3 - its been something like 4 years since vol 2 - vol 3 is due in 2021 as well.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Im convinced, especially with the state of DC these days, Shade will NEVER get collected. I ended up buying Milligan's full run in single issues during a LCS sale recently for this reason.

The only other major delays I can think of for trades similar to Animal Man is over at Marvel. They technically still arent even out yet. Hickman's Fantastic Four Complete Collection Vol 3 has been missing for a year and a half. Vol 2 came out summer 2019. Vol3 is slated for 2021. Same for Man Thing Vol 3 - its been something like 4 years since vol 2 - vol 3 is due in 2021 as well.
    Another is Spiderman 2099 Classic having large delays between TPB's:

• Spider-Man 2099 Volume 1 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 #1–10 May 2009.
    • Spider-Man 2099 Volume 2 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 #11–14, Annual 1, material from 2099 Unlimited #1–3 Oct 2013.
    • Spider-Man 2099 Volume 3: The Fall of the Hammer Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 #15–22, Ravage 2099 #15, X-Men 2099 #5, Doom 2099 #14, Punisher 2099 #13 Feb 2015.
    • Spider-Man 2099 Volume 4 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 #23–33, material from 2099 Unlimited #8 May 2017.
    • Spider-Man 2099 vs. Venom 2099 Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1 #34–38, Spider-Man 2099 Special, Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man, material from 2099 Unlimited #9–10 April 2019.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    It is a shame they don't have the collection of the post-Morrison Doom Patrol issues although IIRC isnt there some issues with the files of the Pollack run that is part of the reason they cancelled the collection?
    Oh really? I hadn't heard that. I just remember it was solicited, I pre-ordered it from DCBS and literally a week or two before release I got an email that it was canceled. With short notice, I figured it was a issue with low pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    How is DP, post Morrison? Its my understanding that Animal Man post Morrison is mediocre.
    Pollack's Doom Patrol is no Morrison, but it isn't bad. It gets unfair criticism simply for not being as groundbreaking as what came before.

While Milligan and Veitch's Animal Man runs are ok, they aren't as good as Morrison's. However, I think Delano's work is better than Morrison's, and to this date is the best stuff that's been done with the character (Lemire is a close second).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh really? I hadn't heard that. I just remember it was solicited, I pre-ordered it from DCBS and literally a week or two before release I got an email that it was canceled. With short notice, I figured it was a issue with low pre-orders.

Pollack's Doom Patrol is no Morrison, but it isn't bad. It gets unfair criticism simply for not being as groundbreaking as what came before.

While Milligan and Veitch's Animal Man runs are ok, they aren't as good as Morrison's. However, I think Delano's work is better than Morrison's, and to this date is the best stuff that's been done with the character (Lemire is a close second).
    OH really? Is it possible to skip to the Delano run? I absolutely adore the Lemire run.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

How is DP, post Morrison? Its my understanding that Animal Man post Morrison is mediocre.
    OH really? Is it possible to skip to the Delano run? I absolutely adore the Lemire run.
    I guess it's possible to skip Delano, although I don't know why you would since it's the best thing ever... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I received notifications from Amazon that the next Golden Age Superman and Wonder Woman omnibuses, and the last Brave and the Bold omnibuses have been rescheduled for 2022, and when you go to the product page they aren't available to pre order anymore, so effectively canceled for now it seems.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I received notifications from Amazon that the next Golden Age Superman and Wonder Woman omnibuses, and the last Brave and the Bold omnibuses have been rescheduled for 2022, and when you go to the product page they aren't available to pre order anymore, so effectively canceled for now it seems.
    Not again
    I have checked amazon.uk. They still got the 2021 as a release date.

Spectacular Member

amazon.de just shows a shift from March 2021 to September 2021 (which is bad enough) ...

All-New Member

Amazon UK still has the original release dates.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKzin View Post
    Amazon UK still has the original release dates.
    ... which are not up to date. Edelweiss shows September, too, as updated release date.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    ... which are not up to date. Edelweiss shows September, too, as updated release date.
    Got a Link?

All-New Member

Got a Link?
    Batman B&B: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401292828&page=1

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus7 View Post
    'No results found'

'No results found'
    The link comes up just fine for me, so try a different browser. At any rate, it now shows, as has been stated, a release date of September 7, 2021 on there.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I guess it's possible to skip Delano, although I don't know why you would since it's the best thing ever... *shrug*
    I believe Vilynne meant is it ok to skip everything between Morrison and Delano, and pick up as Delano's run starts

If I could add my 2 cents, I would say Morrison's run is my favourite AM. I found Delano's run extremely out there, very trippy but not in an enjoyable way. As a completionist, I read through all the runs. IIRC, I wasn't too keen on Milligan's (short) run.